|Japanese Name||詩音 千里|
Chisato Shion (詩音 千里 Shion Chisato) is one of the main characters in Puella Magi Suzune Magica.
- Age: 14 - 15 (estimated)
- Height: 155.4 cm
- Weight: 44.7 kg
- Eye colour: Blue
- Hair colour: Dark blue
- Blood type: A
- Soul gem: Blue tear drop-shaped gem worn as a badge in the center of her chest.
- Weapon: Pistols
- Wish: To turn her father back into a kind person. The specific wording is unknown.
- Japanese pronoun: Watashi (私)
- Known relatives: Her father and deceased mother.
- School: Akanegasaki Middle School. She is a second-year student.
Chisato is a strict follower of the rules, often lecturing Arisa on her rebellious and lazy attitude.
Chisato appears to admire Haruka quite a lot for her talent, leadership, and rule-following, as mentioned by Arisa.
It is revealed in a flashback of Arisa's that Chisato convinced Arisa to join the Hohzuki girls, after finding out she was lonely after beating her in a fight.
Another flashback of Arisa's reveals that Chisato's father was a creator of children's picture books, and that he wanted to write stories that would "make children dream". However, his books stopped getting accepted by publishers; thus, Chisato's father turned drunk and started abusing his wife, leading to her health declining, before she eventually died. Chisato's father's abuse then turned on Chisato. Thus, Chisato made a contract to change her father back into the kind man he used to be. As a result of her wish however, Chisato's father no longer creates children's books. Chisato inwardly thinks of herself as terrible for making such a wish, however.
Chisato during Suzune Magica
On her way to school with Arisa and Matsuri, Chisato chides Aria for her lackadaisical attitude about school, saying she should follow Matsuri's example.
Soon after school, Chisato meets up with Haruka, Arisa and Matsuri on the school roof to discuss the rumor related to the string of serial murders that have occurred in the past month. It seems the victims were all stabbed multiple times by an object larger than a knife or dagger and they were all teenage girls. Arisa claims the killer must be a scumbag who went insane after he couldn't get any pretty girls to go out with him to which Chisato tells her she's letting her imagination run wild. They transform into magical girls and set out to patrol the streets, neither of the girls finding anything and Chisato thinking the name "Ripper-san" to be macabre. Suzune appears behind her and asks for her name before stabbing her through the back.
Chisato uses a pistol as her weapon; though she has two on her belt, she is never seen using more than one at a time.
Chisato is never seen using her powers in the story, due to her early death. According to a tweet by GAN, her power is to "release" other's powers — supposedly meaning she can cancel out their effects.
- Chisato's backstory is very similar to Kyoko's: both are told in a similar puppet show-like style; both heavily revolve around the girls' fathers, with their fathers being popular before slowly becoming rejected by others; both involve their fathers turn drunk and abusive; and both involve the death of their mothers. Both girls also made their wishes for their fathers.
- Chisato's first name is spelt with the kanji for "great distance" or "a thousand miles". The kanji of her last name, 詩音, means "(modern) poetry" and "sound" respectively.
- According to tweets from GAN:
Art of Arisa and Chisato, from GAN's twitter.
From GAN's twitter.
Art of Chisato in a swimsuit from GAN's twitter.
Art of Chisato in a summer outfit GAN's twitter.
- Chisato Shion at Pixiv image repository (Japanese)
- Chisato Shion at Danbooru image repository (NSFW)