|Japanese Name||奏 遥香|
Haruka Kanade (奏 遥香 Kanade Haruka) is one of the main characters in Puella Magi Suzune Magica.
- Age: 15 - 16 (estimated)
- Height: 161.5 cm
- Weight: 50.2 kg
- Eye colour: Yellow
- Hair colour: Blonde
- Blood type: O
- Soul gem: Yellow hexagonal gem worn on the collar of her outfit.
- Weapon: Spear
- Wish: "I want my sister to disappear!"
- Japanese pronoun: Watashi (私)
- Known relatives: Kanata Kanade, her deceased older sister; and a mother and father.
- School: Akanegasaki Middle School. She is a third-year student.
The leader of the Hoozuki magical girls, and a respectable, well-behaved student.
Haruka once held a large animosity towards her older sister, Kanata, who was loved and praised by everyone while Haruka was overlooked. This led to her making a wish to erase Kanata from existence.
Haruka during Suzune Magica
Haruka uses a dual-bladed spear as her weapon. The spear can be separated into two separate spears.
She specializes in charm magic; however, the only charm she has been seen using is a charm to call an opponent's attention to herself, which makes them freeze when the spell is released. This charm likely comes from how Haruka wanted attention from others, but was overshadowed by Kanata.
- Haruka shares several traits with Mami: a yellow colour scheme; a leadership role, being a well-respected third-year senior at school; a wish for herself that she heavily regrets; being a "princess"-like character; having styled hair of some sort (Mami has her drills, whereas Haruka has a small plait on the side and has tied her hair at the end); wearing tights in both her normal and magical outfits; a hat with her magical girl outfit; and a large chest size, with a magical girl outfit that accentuates it.
- Haruka has an eye on her hat. Interestingly, the witch that torments her with memories of her past has a distinct eye motif.
- Haruka's first name is spelled with the kanji for "distant fragrance".
- "Haruka" can be alternatively read as "distant", which matches with Kanata.
- Her last name, Kanade, means "to play music".
- According to a tweet by GAN:
- Haruka was designed because GAN wanted to draw a "blonde princess"-like character.
- Her costume became more revealing over time as it was designed.
Comic featuring a lonely Haruka, from GAN's twitter.
From GAN's twitter.
Art of Haruka in a swimsuit from GAN's twitter.
Art of Haruka in a summer outfit GAN's twitter.
- Haruka Kanade at Pixiv image repository (Japanese)
- Haruka Kanade at Danbooru image repository (NSFW)