|Japanese Name||浅古 小糸|
(Note: As all chapters of Sadness Prayer are currently only available in Japanese, most of the info here comes from rough translation and interpretation of events. Thus, some of the information may be incorrect, so please do not treat anything as 100% accurate.)
- Eye colour: Presumably blue
- Hair colour: Presumably blue
- Japanese pronoun: Watashi (わたし)
- Known relatives: Komaki Asako, her older sister. Her parents have only been mentioned, though her mother was seen in Sadness Prayer.
- School: Unknown.
Koito is more calmer and friendly than her sister Komaki. Koito occasionally seems to be shy or nervous as well. She is seen displaying a lot of concern for her sister's welfare.
Koito only appears in Sadness Prayer.
After witnessing Komaki sneaking out various times at night, Koito begins to suspect she has a nightlife. Koito tried telling her parents, but Komaki dismissed it as stomach pains. Koito thus relays her suspicions to her friend Akira Namekata, who begins investigating into Komaki's supposed nightlife.
It is currently unknown how Koito has taken Komaki's and Akira's deaths.
- Koito does not appear to go to Komaki's and Akira's school, as she is only ever seen talking to Akira in an area resembling a mall, and is never seen in the Shirome Middle School uniform.
- Koito "小糸" means "small thread". This would fit thematically with her sister's name if translated as "small roll of cloth".
- Koito's last name, "浅古", means "shallow and old" or "superficially old".