The artist witch. Her nature is vanity. Without a slightest doubt, she believes her existence is blessed. Wanting someone to see her work, she often interferes with human world. However within her barrier only exist works that you have probably seen somewhere before. To defeat this witch, just bring a well-known critic with you.
Speculations and Observations
- She seems to be able to speak, being the only witch who spoke something so far (Except Elly who could speak with Backmasking).
- There is a possibility that a witch's speaking can be understood only by people who have been targeted by her.
- Her barrier seems to be art-related. For example, the patterns Homura walks over before being engulfed by her barrier bear a striking resemblance Pablo Picasso's Guernica, and Izabel is killed while bound to a facsimile of the Arc de Triomphe.
- Her name may have been derived from Princess Izabela Czartoryska, founder of the first Polish museum.
- Based on images from Episode 12 suggesting Joan of Arc was a Puella Magi, and taking into account some of the images of Izabel's maze (i.e. the Arc de Triomphe), it is possible this witch's name comes from Isabelle Romée, the mother of Joan of Arc.
- The familiar's name may be a reference to Wikipedia:Michelangelo
Izabel's Grief Seed, from Puella Magi Madoka Magica Portable