This discussion page is archived. Please do not edit.
Note about new accounts
Don't you think the note about new accounts doesn't go well with the rest of the design the way it is now? I think we should think of a way to include it in the page in a more "natural" way. Maybe put it right under the wishlist reminder? --Homerun-chan 20:11, 27 February 2011 (UTC)
- I'm not sure that would looks noticeable enough, but if I put a box over the change current design it would looks too intrusive. I'll do what you suggest and see if someone complains. --0x99 20:13, 27 February 2011 (UTC)
- I don't think it SHOULD be noticeable, in my opinion, it should be placed under the "What is Puella Magi Madoka Magica? "NOTE: Due to spamming, only accounts that are at least one day old are allowed to create new pages or upload files." --Madokaanon 20:16, 27 February 2011 (UTC)
- Better now? --0x99 20:21, 27 February 2011 (UTC)
- Now that I think about it, shouldn't it be possible to add that notice directly somewhere in the subscription process? So that you see the note when you create your account (after all, it's the only moment when you really need it, all visitors don't need to see that at all times). Anyway, it's still better now IMO, thanks for the change. --Homerun-chan 20:25, 27 February 2011 (UTC)
- Unfortunately, it's not possible to edit the account creation page without writing custom extension for it. I'll look if I can do something. --0x99 20:42, 27 February 2011 (UTC)
Since image files are now stored on a separate server (because bandwidth usage skyrocketed recently) it will take up to 5 minutes for new version of image uploads to appear on the site. I've put a bit of mechanism so that new uploads don't require a wait, but that mechanism doesn't work when replacing a file. So for the time being, please wait up to five minutes when uploading a new version. --0x99 22:40, 28 February 2011 (UTC)
- Just noticed GIF resizing was broken; fixed that already. --0x99 01:31, 1 March 2011 (UTC)
OK, so we are not supposed to include fanart in character gallery. That's reasonable, sorry about that. But... what are we doing with those images? They are currently linked on talk pages' "I want them preserved" sections, but... is that really suitable? Yes, I agree that fanarts shouldn't be too obtrusive as being not canon, or non even speculahs, but I think they are worth preserving, and many visitors may be interested in them. But talk pages are something that really has to be dug up to discover.
So what do we do, then? Create another sections named "Fanarts" on character pages? Make a section on the Media page? Or just leave them on talk pages? --KFYatek 02:20, 1 March 2011 (UTC)
- The "I want them preserved" section was created by User:Saveol2009, but I put your image there so that it's easier to keep track of images uploaded (for the time being). Personally, I believe fanarts are better preserved in an image repository, like Danbooru, since identifying source or artist is easier that way. --0x99 02:34, 1 March 2011 (UTC)
- OK, but we can have links to Danbooru or anything like that. Images hosted locally vs. links to original locations is another problem, but it doesn't affect the question - where to put them? --KFYatek 02:45, 1 March 2011 (UTC)
- I don't think we should directly include them in wiki at all. Putting a link to characters tag in each character page should be enough. (In external links section, with a wording like "Kyubey at Danbooru image repository" or "Kyubey at Pixiv image repository".) --0x99 03:00, 1 March 2011 (UTC)
- Sounds reasonable. Got it, thanks for clarification. --KFYatek 03:02, 1 March 2011 (UTC)
- just noticed this entry. i think they are better to exist in the form of original content on /a/ and not even worth on storing it on your hard drive because really are we going back to that folder to appreciate those images again or more likely they are just going to sit there.
- props for this section here. had a good read --Saveol2009 21:16, 1 March 2011 (UTC)
- Especially now that you've deleted all the "I want them preserved" sections on talk pages, there's quite a number of fanarts which are uploaded here, but not linked anywhere, not even on talk pages (see Special:UnusedFiles). Shouldn't the admins delete them, not to waste server disk space, now that they're officially considered unwanted? Oh and by the way, maybe put some disclaimer on the upload page (if possible), something like "Please do not upload fan art images, unless they contain viable interpretation or speculation information"? --KFYatek 00:36, 2 March 2011 (UTC)
the website tvtropes.org has a list of typical anime characteristics for each character --220.127.116.11 12:59, 1 March 2011
- Added. Though I think it better fit in Main Page. --0x99 20:24, 1 March 2011 (UTC)
The Broadcasting Ethics & Program Improvement Organization (放送倫理・番組向上機構), a Japanese media watchdog group, has launched a complaint at Madoka Magica for Mami's death scene in Episode 3 (See archived 2ch thread). Not really sure where to put this? --Fallacies 18:10, 2 March 2011 (UTC)
- Correction: It's not BPO that complaint about it, it is some idiot file a complaint to BPO using Urobuchi's tweet (about his Sai-Zen-Sen Selections, not related to Madoka) and some news site picked it up. --0x99 18:31, 2 March 2011 (UTC)
- Ah, My bad. ^^; --Fallacies 20:00, 2 March 2011 (UTC)
Since Episode 10 has already aired on NicoNico, I think we should change that frame to Episode 11. Does anyone know if it's scheduled on some concrete date, or is just indefinitely postponed like the TV broadcasts? --KFYatek 14:19, 17 March 2011 (UTC)
- As 0x99 said in his revision note, the best thing to do is probably leave this page untouched for now, and only update it when we have official information. What aired yesterday wasn't the general live stream (but the "channel" stream, restricted by location), and besides, it would be surprising if they broadcast episode 11 on nicovideo (wednesday) before MBS (thursday). So tl;dr let's wait and see. --Homerun-chan 16:15, 17 March 2011 (UTC)
- What about like that? --KFYatek 17:41, 17 March 2011 (UTC)
- Yes, I think this is the best we can do for now. No implication or misleading whatsoever. --Homerun-chan 18:21, 17 March 2011 (UTC)
Reposting the link that was on current Madoka Thread (thread #426): . Apparently ep11 should air on the 23rd on CBC and nicovideo. The chart also says TBS should air ep 12 on the 25th but I wouldn't trust that, they haven't aired ep 11 yet. --Homerun-chan 21:01, 17 March 2011 (UTC)
- Someone posted somewhere (spare me remembering where) that this page is basically a TV timetable wiki, so it shouldn't be taken as reliable source. --KFYatek 21:34, 17 March 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah, as I said I wouldn't trust it either, all the more since it'll probably change a lot anyway (after all, we still thought ep11 would air today a little over 24 hours ago ;_;). But anyway, MBS timetable doesn't have it either (replaced by Quartet and Rio) --Homerun-chan 22:07, 17 March 2011 (UTC)
Look here:  - doesn't that mean ep11 will air on niconico on the night of 23rd/24th? However weird that may be for an episode to debut on niconico first... --KFYatek 21:34, 19 March 2011 (UTC)
- Nah, don't keep your hopes up. Last week's countdown still ran even when they had made the official announcement it would be channel-only. Also, there's a 95%-chance MBS would be the first to broadcast episode 11 since they're a sponsor, so naturally they'd want to be the first to air it. --Homerun-chan 22:29, 19 March 2011 (UTC)
- So basically, you're saying that niconico has a total mess on their servers and can't keep up with their own announcements? --KFYatek 23:04, 19 March 2011 (UTC)
- I wouldn't go that far, but basically I'm saying that they didn't update the page last week, aside from putting at the last minute a one-liner at the top of the description field saying it would be channel-only. The kind of thing you'd easily miss if you don't pay attention and directly look at the countdown that was still running...
Also, don't forget that people aren't meant to land on that page directly, but load the homepage/timetable and click a link instead (the link changes every week). So naturally they didn't bother editing that page too much I think --Homerun-chan 23:12, 19 March 2011 (UTC)
- But the live broadcast timetable also shows Madoka ep11 on Wednesday 23rd at 27:00. I'm not saying it'll happen for sure, it'd be very strange for an episode to debut on niconico, but either they don't pay attention to updating at all, or there was a misunderstanding somewhere between the producers and niconico... or we'll get a broadcast :D --KFYatek 23:28, 19 March 2011 (UTC)
- FYI, Niconico cancel ep10 live broadcast a day before broadcast. Changes are high it'll be the same this time around. Though I'm hope I'm wrong. I'd avoid posting about ep11 live broadcast on the main page until we heard official words about it. --0x99 10:20, 20 March 2011 (UTC)
I've replaced countdown box with broadcast schedule box; if there's any update to the schedule (that's not from official sources), feel free to update the box. --0x99 10:48, 20 March 2011 (UTC)
With everything returning back to normal - broadcast and most media release dates decided - is it still relevant to have the "Regarding postponements" box still up on the main page? The countdowns say everything about broadcasts, and info about DVD/BD and manga release dates are on Products page... --KFYatek 14:34, 12 April 2011 (UTC)
- I second this. We should probably remove this big box now that everything's returning to normal. Let's just wait a bit for 0x99 to respond if he has any objection, and if not I'll remove it in a day or two.
On a totally unrelated note, is the RSS feed working alright? It looks like I am missing a lot of updates, although I'm following almost every entry from the feed (didn't see the Nicovideo countdown returned; didn't see the MBS countdown either; didn't see KFYatek's comment either, and probably a lot of other updates) --Homerun-chan 14:44, 12 April 2011 (UTC)
Will it ever include Kyouko? Just wondering... Oatmeal 20:38, 17 March 2011 (UTC)
Thousand post thread translating this wiki to chinese
Just a little ego boost for the wiki staff, with comments like:
- Post 90: wow, suddenly I feel dumber in comparison.
- Post 152: My brain spazz and break reading this wiki. (presumely a compliment)
- Post 290: Eagerly waiting for their analysis of episode 6 (same for the next thirty posts).
- Post 642: Prophecies! Everything in the wiki is correct! My brain is full of fuck.
- Post 753: [image of the madoka timeline] This image is overpowered. Foreigners have super power.
- Post 817: They predicted everything back in post 88...
- Post 816: [Smash plate with forehead emote]
and so forth and so forth. Hope this brings a smile to your face in these difficult times. Prima 15:34, 21 March 2011 (UTC)
What happened to it? I don't know enough wiki to figure out how to put it back in. Prima 08:42, 8 April 2011 (UTC)
- Good question. MediaWiki:Sidebar seems normal and I don't really have the time to investigate more right now, so I guess we'll have to count on 0x99 to fix it. --Homerun-chan 10:48, 8 April 2011 (UTC)