Folklore of Zero
The Folklore of Zero (午前0時のフォークロア) (or Folklore of 0) is an clandestine organization in Kamihama City consisting of magical girls from Yukuni City (湯国市 Yukuni-shi). They act as a secret society in Arc 2 of Magia Record, and They claim to believe in the "beginning of the end(終わりの始まり)" and "resignation(諦念)".
- Faction name : Folklore of Zero(Midnight)
- '"Girls who became to wish for extinction since they have been persecuted by humans "
- Type : Void and cataclysmic
- Goal : Doing a reset by Eliminate all magical girls around the world
- Atmosphere : Bright but philosophical and nihilistic behind it
- Ideology : the existence of Magical girl itself is doing the Mankind a disservice so the only way of salvation of Magical girl is death
- Internal relationship : Codependent and each of them have a strong bond with others
- Keywords : Ghost, Hidden, Tranquillity, Airport, Beguiling
The history and exact goals of Folklore of Zero are currently unknown, though they very likely concern a magic pocket watch possessed by member Rabi Himuro. What this watch indicates or counts down to is unknown. They also appear to be related to Nayuta Satomi's father Professor Tasuke Satomi, his research into magical girls, and his disappearance as they seem to not want him to meet other magical girls. It is revealed that Professor Tasuke Satomi resigned himself, felt unwilling to engage in fights over magical girl salvation and discard his all theories about the magical girl salvation.
in arc 2 Chapter 5, Alexandra Kurusu claim they did nothing but watching the end of the fight between various magical girls while they Infiltrated in various factions "for now". but actually, the Folklore of Zero becoming a hidden hand that controlled magical girl's factions from behind the curtain as a result. (except Kamihama Magia Union and Puella Care) for instance, Alexandra is the mastermind behind the rebuilt and rearise of Neo-Magius. she is the one who Introduce Neo-Magius to Himena when Neo-Magius almost disbanded by a lack of leadership, and Himena decide to take a leadership, reestablish Neo-Magius after she Take Alexandra's advice. also, Shizuka Tokime decide to end the alliance between Tokime Clan and Kamihama Magia Union after she Take Asahi's advice. Judging by Rabi's laissez faire attitude toward her colleagues, it is presumed that their wirepulling was done with the approval or connivance of Rabi at least.
Members of Folklore of Zero share a common belief in resignation(a resignation to the inevitable in magical girl's life), and they have shown an unwillingness to engage in fights over magical girl salvation. Members such as Asahi Miura think it's futile, as even if they were to save one from despair, it wouldn't really change anything. The organization is very against the idea of saving magical girls from their fate, so much so that they don't hesitate to hinder those that oppose them by any means necessary - such as leaking misinformation to others or attempting murder towards anyone trying to reveal the existence of magical girls to the general public. not only that, Alexandra Kurusu said to Himena Aika(after her identity known to Himena) that they have their own "different idea for magical girl salvation", when she visit Himena's hometown with her and return to Kamihama city by train.
- Rabi Himuro - Leader
- Alexandra Kurusu - Undercover in Neo-Magius
- Ulala Yume - Undercover in Promised Blood
- Asahi Miura - Undercover in Tokime Clan
- for unknown reason, their Hometown, Yukuni City is a city that Very hostile to Magical girls. according to Rabi and Alexandra, it was a whole lot worse when Rabi and Alexandra lived in Yukuni.