Jump to navigation Jump to search
Before editing a page, please keep the following guidelines in mind
- The inline spoiler tag should only be used when spoilering one word or part of a sentence. It should only be used when no alternative would allow a spoiler alert to be displayed in a convenient way.
- For paragraphs or pages, use Template:Spoilers instead. This will display a boxed spoiler alert relative to the whole page/section
- Pages or section relative to a specific chapter/episode do not need an alert. If people read the page about Episode 12, they might figure out that the ending is likely to be revealed. Adding a warning in the introduction is acceptable though.
Scanlations, fansubs and copyrighted material
- Please do not provide links to episodes subs, manga scanlations and other borderline legal content. This is a wiki, not a rapidshare server.
- Uploading of official art, screenshots or specific scanlated pages is acceptable if they serve a specific purpose (illustrating an article, showing something, etc.). Obviously you won't start uploading a whole book just for the heck of it.
- When uploading a fanwork, please states its source (if available) as file description.
- The galleries should be split up into the following three categories when applicable: "Official Art," "Screenshots," and "Fanart." When a page doesn't have any images that can fit into one of the galleries, that gallery will be omitted: for example, the Episode 12 page will only have the "Screenshots" and "Fanart" galleries, whereas the Madoka Kaname page will have all four.
- "Official Art" contains concept art, promotional images, Ume Aoki's doujinshi and illustrations, manga images, and so on.
- "Screenshots" includes screenshots. Please try to keep the screenshots as relevant as possible to the page.
- "Fanart" contains illustrations, comics, and anything else that was generated by fans. Please identify your source prior to uploading; if you can't find out who made it, don't upload it!
- [TODO: someone please summarizes what we discussed in Kazumi's talkpage about the character pages organization]
- The usual layout is:
- See also/external links
- You may add additional section/subsections, but try to keep the general structure clear
- Do not forget to split the image galleries as explained above
- The "speculation" section should only be used to explain theories, their variation(s), and what makes them right/wrong. Please do not use this section as a talkpage.
- Also, please tag the theories properly: a "confirmed" theory must have at least one element from the franchise that goes in the same direction; a "debunked" theory must have at least one contradiction with canon; all other theories are "unknown".