|Japanese Name||更紗帆奈 Sarasa Hanna|
|Voiced by||Japanese: Miho Okasaki|
Hanna Sarasa is the one of the original characters of the 2017 mobile game Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story: Magia Record
- Eye colour: Purple
- Hair colour: Purple
- Soul gem: Light pink circle with 3 protusions on her scarf - This could be a cross.
- Weapon: Man catcher
- Wish: "So! So, let's fulfill my contract by getting rid of them! That disgusting trash...!" - referring to her peers that bullied her during school.
- Witch Form: Hund Balou
- Japanese pronoun: atashi (あたし)
- School: Mizuna Girls' School
Essentially an introverted magical girl who isn't good at dealing with people. She's in a position where she's suffocated at home and at school, so she hates this world. After contracting, and after encountering a certain incident, it was her fate to encounter misfortune again and again. She has an eccentric personality, but one side of her likes animals also.
The Doppel of refutation. Its form is a pet. The master of this emotion learned how to control people using power that she borrowed from another. This eventually became a source of greed on her part, and manifested in this warped form. It is a representation of her desire for revenge, rooted in the abuse she faced in her past– and conversely, it is also an exaggerated projection of herself. She holds no sense of shame over it; only a pure and innocent madness. This Doppel uses many leashes to restrain its opponents, and smashes them to pieces with its giant paws. It is also trembling in a constant state of excitement.
The following is a summary posted on 4chan's /pmmm/ general by Mizuna Anon.
Hanna grew up with a father actively engaged in domestic violence and a mother that used her as a shield while ignoring her plight. Hanna is unhinged early at this time. Eventually, her dad died after being stabbed by a hooligan he offended and her mom died after drinking to celebrate and got killed when jaywalking.
Hanna is sent to an orphanage where she didn't fit in and got bullied at school. She contracted with Kyubey to wipe the existence of her bullies from the Earth, including people's memories of them except for herself so she can enjoy the feeling of victory when they get deleted.
She is very happy, but is then stuck with fighting witches and familiars which she's not very good at. She was saved by Mikoto Sana and they form a team to hunt witches. While using her as a tool at first, Hanna eventually warmed up to the positive and kind Mikoto.
During a fight, Hanna realized she can hypnotize enemies like Mikoto did. The two experimented and discovered Hanna's magic is to copy other people's. After trying out plenty of magical girls' innate magic, she decides to stick with Mikoto's and they further develop the usage together.
They were bailed out of danger once by Kanagi, and while Mikoto is excited, Hanna thinks Kanagi will just get in the way and uses her magic to hypnotize Kanagi to forget about the meeting. Seeing that it works, the excited Hanna plans to use it to wipe herself from people's sight and finally wreck havoc as vengeance. However, Mikoto's presence made her think twice.
Alas, they are unable to find witches for a long time, and Mikoto finally became a witch in the Daito ward. This caused Hanna's sanity to drop to zero once she discovered the truth.
Without an anchor, she decides to go along with her plan to cause chaos and misfortune since it brings her happiness, and she believe she should make full use of her time before her eventually demise. Her first action is to hypnotize Mikoto the witch and have her stay in the ward so she can spread misfortune and misery to the residents. She also decides to use her magic to use witches to mess with people's lives while also hunting them to survive.
It ends with her hypnotizing a witch she was about to kill to mess with people's lives.
- The characters in her last name mean "Calico Cloth" (更紗), which are cloths printed with flowers and other patterns in different colors.
- The characters in her first name mean "sail" (帆) and "what" (奈) respectively.
- Her illustrator is Mura Kuroe, the creators of Puella Magi Oriko Magica.
- "Hund" is the German word for "dog" or "hound"; "Balou" is a form of the Portuguese word for "bleat" or "baa", the characteristic sound of a sheep. Together, the name translates to "bleating dog" or "sheep dog".
- Sheep dogs are breeds historically bred for the herding and guarding of sheep and other livestock.
- Her doppel may also have some meaning in how it looks, with belts being wrapped around the doppel's head. This may symbolise how suffocated she feels in life, not having freedom to be her true self.
- It potentially has disturbing allegories, hinting at madness and a desire to control others. Hence the fact the doppel tries to 'restrain' others as she sees it as a rightful form of revenge. The doppel itself is also restricted. But when she unleashes it's power, she releases her anger and insanity - which has a naive basis. As if she is unleashing her pent up negativity from being abused - this may have been bullying from her peers as she is still in school.
- Hanna school clothes.jpg
- Hanna puella magi.jpg
|Card||Effect||Cooldown||Eng Text||Jap Text|
Chance to Bind [IV] & Defense Down [V] (Single / 1 T)
Max Limit Break:
Chance to Bind [V] & Defense Down [VI] (Single / 1 T)
Max Limit Break:
|**Unique to Hanna Sarasa**
"I will use the dregs of my heart as ink, to carve out my thoughts in words in this notebook, to curse in as foul a language as it is possible, I will pray from the bottom of my heart that all the writing that flows here will happen, just as it is..."
MP Gain DOWN [III] (All / 3 T)
Max Limit Break:
MP Gain DOWN [IV] (All / 3 T)
Max Limit Break:
|I couldn't wait to see you.
It was the first time in my life I'd had that kind of feeling, I was fascinated by it then when I realized what a big presence in my heart you were. So I want you to come early...and once more, I want you to show me that smile.
|会うのが待ち遠しいなんて、生まれて初めてだった そんな気なんてさらさらなかったのに、いつの間にか心惹かれて 気が付いたら心の中でとても大きな存在になっていた だから早く来てほしい…そしてまた、あの笑顔を見せてほしい|
Chance to Anti-Dazzle [IX]
Max Limit Break:
|Passive||At that place, the two of them were talking.
At that place, the two of them were thinking. In this way I was clearing out a strange world, waging war. Certainly at that place, they were shining.
あの場所で、ふたりは考えていた そうやって未知の世界を切り開き、戦っていた 確かにあの場所で、彼女たちは輝いていた