"But two girls mustn't do such things!
That's forbidden love!" - Hitomi Shizuki, Episode 2.
|Japanese Name||志筑 仁美 （Shizuki Hitomi）|
|Voiced by||Japanese: Ryouko Shintani|
English: Shelby Lindley
Italian: Debora Morese
- Hitomi is a close friend of Madoka and Sayaka.
- She is a girl who likes piano, classical Japanese dance, tea, and so on.
- She is able to learn a lot
- She is quite rich.
- Hitomi is the class monitor in Madoka's class.
--"Everyone here will die!"
"That's right, all of us will embark on a journey to a better world! Do you understand just how wonderful that is? Our living bodies are holding us back." - Madoka Kaname and Hitomi Shizuki, Episode 4
- The first character in her last name (志) means "purpose" or "will." The last character (筑) means "architecture."
- Her first name is written using a combination of the kanji 仁 (meaning "charity" or "benevolence") and 美 (meaning "beauty").
- She attends after-school classes in Piano, Japanese dance and Tea ceremony, feeling obliged to make time for them even when she might reasonably be expected to focus on her studies.
- In Episode 4, Hitomi was among the persons who got a witch's kiss and were driven into a suicidal trance. She spends her apparition talking about going to a better place and attempting to join the others, who then stage a collective suicide. Madoka manages to save Hitomi and the others by tossing their supplies away, but is swallowed into a the witch Elly's barrier and Sayaka, now a Magical Girl, saves her.
- Having noticed Sayaka's crush on Kamijou, Hitomi confronts Sayaka and tells her that she will tell her feelings to him if Sayaka doesn't do it first. This act, unbeknownst to her, contributes to Sayaka's despair. She is still apparently unaware of such a fact in Episode 9, since she tries to ask Madoka if something has happened but Madoka doesn't tell her anything.
- Hitomi did indeed talk to Kyousuke, but in the anime it was a silent conversation, and neither the audience nor Sayaka (who was lurking around) know what she was telling him. This has raised fan speculation about her intentions: it is possible that she was actually speaking on Sayaka's behalf, telling Kamijou about how Sayaka feels about him instead of about her own feelings. If this is true, this would make Sayaka's becoming a witch all the more tragic.
- Hitomi and Kyousuke are seen holding each other's hands (with Sayaka standing behind a tree only a few feet away) in the manga, making the above speculation untrue for manga canon. However, this has no reflection whatsoever on the anime canon, as the manga adaptation has already explicitly differed from it. (Note, for example, the two young men whom Sayaka overhears on the train: she ultimately kills them in the manga, whereas Shinbo stated that they lived in the anime. Gen Urobuchi stated in the same interview that the script left the interpretation open to either possibility.)
- According to Kazuko and Junko's conversation in Episode 11, Hitomi took Sayaka's fate (or better said, the little bits that normal people know about it) rather hard. They say "She (Sayaka) was fighting with one of her friends over a boy", and then add "This must be really hard on the other girl, too. Normally it'd just wind up a bittersweet memory, but with this happening..." 
- Hitomi is last seen in Episode 12, anxiously waiting behind a stage curtain for Kyousuke who is about to go through a very important music audition.
- A good number of Japanese fan art pictures depict her scheming with a somewhat malicious expression on her face, and in some cases having a fixation on punching people in the tummy. This darker, scheming Hitomi can be attributed to a humorous overreaction to how she was unintentionally part of Sayaka's slide into despair. The tummy punching comes from the episode where she was under the influence of a Witch's Kiss, and appeared to punch Madoka in the stomach while stopping her from leaving the warehouse where she planned to commit mass suicide.
- Ryouko Shintani (Hitomi) states in the audio commentary for Episode 7 Blu-ray, that she too loves Kyoko. She also said although Hitomi looks weak, she is mentally strong, in contrast to Sayaka. Although Sayaka looks bright, she actually has little self confidence, and won't seek help from others by saying it, so she in fact is mentally weak.
- Both Aoi Yuuki and Chiwa Saitou agree her view. Saito thinks that girls like Hitomi are probably the only ones who could be able to get hold happiness for themselves.
- Ryouko Shintani also described Hitomi to be a pretty wicked girl in matters of love, but she also added that Hitomi was a sincere and pure Ojou-sama. Shintani admits that she admires Hitomi's strength and her confidence on herself. She wishes that she could be more like Hitomi.
- Shintani explains that she didn't originally auditioned for the character of Hitomi but since she wasn't good enough for the other roles, she went with Hitomi instead. When asked which characters she wanted to try first for the audition, she asked for Sayaka and Homura.
- According with Shintani Ryoko's file data, she decided to become a seiyuu so she could become Sailor Moon.
- In the Audio Commentary for Episode 8, Junichiro Taniguchi (Chief Animation Director) states that Hitomi was the hardest character to draw in regards to facial expressions, since she has the largest rate of change, obtaining uniformity was difficult. In contrast, Homura was the easiest to draw, as a cool character she has a lot of outside influence which helps to decide how to draw her facial expressions.
Hitomi in Oriko Magica
"I can't take any more... I'd rather die than remember this..." - Hitomi, Puella Magi Oriko Magica, Chapter 6.
- Hitomi is mentioned in Chapter 3 but does not appear until late chapter 4. Although she is never a candidate to be a Puella Magi, she is still in Homura's protection circle.
- In Chapter 5 and 6, she went with Sayaka to escape the familiars' attack after they get separated from Madoka. When she saw a dead body, she cried and could not bear any more. But Sayaka then found a door to a safe place where they met Madoka later.
- In Chapter 7, when the dying Oriko used her last bits of life to murder Madoka via impaling her in the chest, Hitomi was seen next to Madoka's blood-covered and lifeless body in the real world, mourning for her death alongside Sayaka.
- (Ka-9) Right back at you.jpg
- Himoti going overseas.jpg
- Hitomi thriller.jpg
- Hitomi The Scream.png
In-universe, it should be noted that Hitomi is a stand-out in looks
- Hitomishampoo puella.png
- Hitomismiling fanart.png
- Punchpunch uhoh.png
- Hitomi what a witch.jpg
Way to ruin the moment, Hitomi.
- Hitomi becomes a Puella Magi.png
Hitomi becomes a Puella Magi
- Hitomi vs sayaka win fanart.jpg
- Hitomi fanart puella magi.jpg
- Hitomi glasses moe.jpg
- Hitomi My New Boyfriend!.jpg
Alright bitches time to become a main character!
- Puella magi Hellsing.png:
Come at me priest of justice!
- Mermaid or Lamia.png
And hero(?) has to make a hard choice between whose witch he should go out with.
- Holy Shit Hitomi.png
Kyubey... I WISH TO PUNCH GOD ON THE STOMACH!