Difference between revisions of "Homura Akemi"
|Line 98:||Line 98:|
File:Homugun.jpg|Homura's pistol in Episode 8 looks like an M9.
File:Homugun.jpg|Homura's pistol in Episode 8 looks like an M9.
==Homura in Oriko Magica==
==Homura in Oriko Magica==
Revision as of 10:03, 21 August 2011
"I'll definitely save you."
"No matter how many times I have to repeat all of this, I'll protect you!" ~ Homura Akemi in Episode 10.
|Japanese Name||暁美 ほむら (Akemi Homura)|
|Weapon||Shield (storage and timejump device), various mundane weapons like grenades, pipe bombs, pistols, machine guns, bow (since Episode 12)|
Homura is first seen by Madoka in a dream of her fighting a monster in a desolate landscape of skyscrapers. The day after the dream, Homura has transferred to Madoka's school where she gives her ominous warnings.
"With kindness comes naïveté. Courage becomes foolhardiness. And dedication has no reward. If you can't accept any of that, you are not fit to be a Puella Magi." ~ Homura Akemi, Episode 5.
- A smart, graceful, athletically-talented girl. Cool if not chilly, her personality even can even be seen in her posture. Her primary ability is to stop time, all her other abilities and attacks seem to come from non-magical items, such as firearms and bombs. Her time manipulation device can also allow her to travel back in time, act as a shield, and seems to act as a limitless storage facility.
- She seems to be a magical girl, but there are a lot of mysteries surrounding the way she acts. Her fighting style is also unidentified.
- Ms. Aoki’s Design Check: A blunt girl. I tried to let this shine through in her design. Her distinguishing point is her silky long hair.
- Magical girl outfit: Homura was designed with her personality and combat style in mind. I found her fascinating right away. (Aoki)
- The sharp lines of her upper back and jacket evoke her personality. Overall rather monochromatic. Her black tights have a diamond pattern.
- School uniform: She wears black tights in uniform too, leaving her overall feel just like in her magical girl outfit. She gives off the air of a silent beauty.
- According to the Blu-ray episode 2 voice commentary, Ume Aoki found Homura to be the most difficult to come up with an image color but one of the easier ones for character design.
- Regardless of her reasons, Homura'a priority is preventing Madoka from becoming a Mahou Shoujo. Since that is not understandable by other Mahou Shoujos or Madoka, she decided to act alone.
- Homura is a magical girl from another timeline, as revealed by Kyubey. She knows that Kyubey is behind a sinister plot, and it mostly involves Madoka turning into a magical girl.
- Homura's special ability is revealed to be some kind of time-travel, which explains why she knows so much to the point of knowing exactly when and where certain things will happen. This also may be why she can move at blistering speed.
- Her house has a wall display of documents relating to witches.
- In episode 9, it was revealed that Homura can stop time. However, anyone she touches while the ability is under effect will not be stopped.
- According to an interview in Otona Anime Vol. 20, translated by symbv, here is what Gen Urobuchi said on more of Homura's power: "The weapon that looks like Homura's shield is actually a sand timer. When the flow of the sand is blocked, time is stopped. And when there is no sand on the upper part of the sand timer and then the timer is reverted, one month's worth of time is turned back. But before that stage is reached, only time stopping is possible. This means the special power of Homura is the ability to manipulate one month's time's worth of sand in the sand timer. As for the time passed and then turned back, since it was not the focus in this work I did not think it through very thoroughly. I think you can say that the world split up and became parallel worlds there." In episode 11, we see Homura's sand run out in the middle of her fight with Walpurgisnacht, verifying this limitation of her time stop powers.
- Homura's backstory was revealed in episode 10. She was a transfer student who was recovering from heart disease. Probably due to her lack of confidence, she was targeted by familiars. However, Madoka (who was a Puella Magi at this time) and Mami save her. During Walpurgis Night, Madoka and Mami die. Homura then makes the wish to re-do her meeting with Madoka to prevent her fate.
- Along with stopping time, Homura can also reverse time to before her meeting with Madoka.
- Homura, while initially ditzy and insecure, has become very independent and strong during her time traveling. Her cold nature is from her determination to save Madoka after having failed in her mission to prevent Madoka from becoming a magical girl several times.
- A previous Madoka was the one to task Homura to prevent Madoka from becoming a Puella Magi.
- In the current timeline, Homura fails to stop Walpurgis Night. However, since Homura somewhat confessed to Madoka to the time traveling, Madoka creates a new wish to make sure that Homura's efforts weren't in vain.
- Homura is the only one that remembers Madoka in the newest timeline. Also, she gains a bow and magical wings. Whether her time-stopping ability remains is unknown.
- In the ending, Homura faces off with many demons in a desert. However, her wings become distorted like the barriers of witches. What happens to her is unknown.
- She wants to stop Madoka from making a contract with Kyubey
- She has much knowledge about Mitakihara Middle School.
- Is visibly upset when Madoka uses her last name or honorifics instead of the more intimate "Homura".
- She was openly pursuing Kyubey until Kyubey made contact with Madoka.
- She appears obsessed with Madoka's happiness and/or survival.
- As of Episode 10, it is shown that Homura used to be a very shy and clumsy girl before she became a Puella Magi. Homura met Madoka and Mami when they were saving Homura from a witch, thus the three became friends. At the very end of that timeline, Madoka is killed and Homura asks Kyubey to turn her into a Puella Magi with her wish being "to meet Madoka again, but this time as the one protecting her, not as the one being protected".
- She appears to live by herself; her residence only has her name on the nameplate, much like Mami's. In episode 10, when she wakes up in the hospital, no-one is there with her, and she seems to have been filling out the school transfer forms on her own.
- She seem to have met Kyubey before, as she refers to him as "Incubator" in Episode 8 shortly after he was shot down by her. She also reveals to "know his true motives".
- Her cold attitude was formed through re-living the same timeline multiple times, with the ending always being that Madoka either turned into a witch or died. When that happens, Homura turns back time to the first day of her arrival again.
- When Mami asks Homura if she has any other power besides bending time in Episode 10, Homura steals guns, swords etc. from a locker. She hides these weapons inside her shield.
Homura in Oriko Magica
"Madoka, don't say that I shouldn't save you. I can't do everything. I can't save everyone. But, in spite of that, I wanted to save you. So, don't say that." ~ Homura. Puella Magi Oriko Magica, Chapter 5.
- Homura first appears in Chapter 3. When Mami warns her about the magical girl murders, Homura seems not to care, but warns Mami not to get close to her, Madoka, Hitomi and Sayaka.
- In chapter 4, she appears for one page with her friends, going out for sweets. She defers to Madoka's taste and doesn't care where they go. She protected Madoka well to this point, keeping the knowledge of magical girls far away from her and Sayaka.
- In chapters 5-7, as Mitakihara Junior High is covered with a witch's barrier, Homura does her best to protect Madoka from the familiars. After Madoka told her not to sacrifice others to protect her, however, Homura decided to find Oriko and Kirika and defeat them. Oriko reveals that she knows about the end of the world caused by Kriemheld Gretchen, Madoka's witch form, and that she plans to kill Madoka before she can contract and cause that to happen. Homura fights together with Mami, Kyoko and Yuma, coming close to losing when two of the other three fall into despair after seeing Kirika become a witch. They manage to pull themselves together and defeat her, and Homura kills Oriko. But since Oriko also killed Madoka by using the last of her power to shoot a piece of Kirika's witch body through Madoka's torso, Homura can do nothing but reset the timeline.
The cover of Megami magazine featuring Homura with Amy.
A manga illustration of Homura with her shield
Autographed illustration by Ume Aoki
Ume Aoki's Dojinshi "RKGKMDK"
Homura as a regular girl
Homura as a Puella Magi
- Homura pixel mugen.gif
- Hommando sketches fanart.jpg
Hommando: One Woman Army.
- Homura, one man army.jpg
Can one little girl really take down Walpurgis Night?
- Homura crazy.jpg
An accurate depiction of Homura's obsession with Madoka
- Homura witch pantsu.jpg
- Homura God of War.jpg
According with Fans if Madoka is a Goddess/concept of Hope, then Homura is the God of War.
- Hommando means war!.jpg
Hommando brings new meaning to Total War.
- The homu tank of war.jpg
Hommando Tank Commander
- Homura gundam.jpg
Homura is the Mahou Shoujo of the 21st century.
- Puella Magi Solid Snake.jpg
- Mami vs Homura.png
- Fan creation Homura Soul Gem Jewelry.jpg
Fan jewelry creation of Homura's Soul Gem with a mechanical gear inside.
- QB Trick.jpg
- Homunator Come with me if you want to live.jpg
A stranger from the future just saved your life... wait, that sounds familiar.
- Supercute homurachan.jpg
- Call of duty homu.jpg
- Homura coolest character.jpg
- Homura lord of war.jpg
- Homu scopedog.jpg
- Army of homu.jpg
- Moemura with guns.jpg
- Homura with more heavy gun.jpg
- Tea and snacks at homu residence.jpg
Homura redesigns the Homu-cave.
- Meet the time traveler.jpg
Where did Madoka get her healing license?
- Homuknight madoprincess.jpg
- Akemi homura by paksiwirongbuang-d3dgucf.png
Coming this summer: Quantum Homu
- Unlimited Golf Clubs Works.jpg
Homura goes back to her roots.
- Homura happy dreams.jpg
Chiwa Saito (Homura): "The part with the highest number of happy dream is right here!" (actual quote from Blu-ray commentary).
- Cute homucat Moe-moe kyun.jpg
- Moemura gun sad scene.jpg
Analyses and Theories
- Hunter-x-hunter-1641920 2.jpg
Comparison of unnamed Nen ability in Hunter x Hunter and Homura's 'teleportation.'
- Homura's weapons 2.jpg
Continuation: Mortar (M29 / L16 / M252 mortar), Tank Truck, Missile (Type "88 Surface to Ship" Anti-warship Guided Missile), Anti Tank Weapon (RPG -7 & M136 AT4), Bunker Buster (GBU-28), Golf Club
How Homura became Homerun-chan (from Thread #7, which also gave birth to the motto "Deny the obvious, uphold the inane")
2ch's reaction (also from Thread #7)