Kamihama City (神浜市 Kamihama-shi) is a city where the story of Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story: Magia Record takes place. The city consists of 9 wards and has recently undergone a rapid development. Part of the city consist of traditional landmarks such as old town, castle, and shrines. Skyscraper could also be seen in central of the city.
Kamihama City consist of 9 wards.
Shinsei ward (新西区 Shinsei-ku) is a ward located in the western part of the city.
Mizuna ward (水名区 Mizuna-ku) is a ward located in the western part of the city and consist of traditional landmarks such as old town, castle and shrines.
Sankyō ward (参京区 Sankyō-ku) is one of 9 wards in Kamihama City.
Chūō ward (中央区 Chūō-ku) is a ward located in the central part of the city.
Sakae ward (栄区 Sakae-ku) is a shopping district ward.
Kōshō ward (工匠区 Kōshō-ku) is a ward located in the eastern part of the city.
Daitō ward (大東区 Daitō-ku) is a ward located in the eastern part of the city.
Minagi ward (南凪区 Minagi-ku) is a ward located in the southern part of the city.
Hokuyō ward (北養区 Hokuyō-ku) is a ward located in the northern part of the city. This ward is home to the city's upper class and wealthier residents. It is shown that Touka Satomi's family lives here, and this is also where the main headquarters of the Magius is located.
- Abandoned amusement part
- Abandoned prison
- The Mirror Witch's Labyrinth: The Mirror Witch was lured to an abandoned house on Kamihama's east side (ward unknown), where it now permanently resides.
Outside Kamihama City
- According to the map exhibited on the Anime Japan 2019, Takarazaki City is located west of this city and Mitakihara City is located northwest of this city, but it is unknown if the three cities are contiguous.
- The name Kamihama (神浜) likely originates from combining the Kanji names of two major Japanese cities: Kobe (神戸) and Yokohama (横浜).
- It may also be a combination of the terms "kami" (神), a spirit in Japanese Shintoism, and "hama" (破魔), meaning "exorcism", the expulsion or defeat of evil spirits.
- Some of the cityscapes of Kamihama City seem to reference the real one of the cities of Kobe and Yokohama.