Difference between revisions of "Lina Hitomi"
|Line 21:||Line 21:|
Lina is shown to be serious and somewhat stoic. However, she refuses to take the blame
Lina is shown to be serious and somewhat stoic. However, she refuses to take the blameand sees it as when people do try to blame her.
Revision as of 21:42, 7 April 2018
|Japanese Name||人見 リナ|
Lina Hitomi (人見 リナ Hitomi Rina) is a supporting character appearing in Puella Magi Oriko Magica: Sadness Prayer. She is the leader of a group of magical girls hailing from Kazamino City, comprised of Mio, Miyako Saki, and Mai Akane.
- Eye colour: Light purple.
- Hair colour: Light blonde.
- Soul gem: The rectangular gems on the collar of her outfit.
- Weapon: stun baton
- Wish: "I wish the memory of my big sister was wiped from my mother's mind."
- Japanese pronoun: Watashi (私)
- Known relatives: Her mother and deceased sister, Mana (マナ).
Lina is shown to be serious and somewhat stoic. However, when bad things happen she may acknowledge she had a part in it but ultimately refuses to take the blame. and sees it as being attacked when people do try to blame her. For example she blames herself for not taking Mio's hatred of Yuuki into account and keeping a better eye on her teammate, but ultimately blames Yuuki for Mio's death.
Lina once had a sister, named Mana, who died of unknown causes. Her mother, distraught by this, would constantly sit at a table with Mana's picture and grieve for her, ignoring Lina and even mistaking her for Mana on occasion, saying it's her fault that Mana died.
Eventually, Lina met Kyubey and made her wish to erase Mana from her mother's memories.
During Sadness Prayer
Lina is first seen in the second volume of Sadness Prayer, after the death of Komaki Asako. She and her companions are seen attacking one of Sasa Yuuki's servant witches. However, Sasa escapes by calling for help and pulling off the top of a fake soul gem, making a loud noise and attracting the attention of passersby, forcing Lina and her companions to retreat.
Lina and her companions later find Mio's corpse in a park after she was killed by Kirika Kure in a surprise attack whilst trying to kill Sasa. It is revealed that Lina and her team is hunting down Sasa in revenge for her killing one of their team, Futaba (双葉 Futaba), and that they followed her from Kazamino to Mitakihara City.
Lina and her companions then discuss the killings and the "black magical girl" Kyubey informed them about. However, they are interrupted by the arrival of Kirika, Sasa, and one of Sasa's servant witches; Lina engages Sasa in battle whilst Mai battles Kirika, and Miyako is found by Oriko Mikuni.
During the fight, Mai supposedly kills Kirika and joins Lina, and Miyako, having been manipulated by Oriko, attempts to stop everyone from fighting, telling Lina that Futaba's and Mio's deaths are her fault. As Lina flashes back to her mother blaming her for her sister's death, and wonders why everyone is attacking her before becoming a witch. She then proceeds to kill Miyako before being taken down by Mai and Sasa.
Lina wields a stun baton as her magical girl weapon. She is seen expanding the arc of the electricity to create a barrier around herself and Sasa.
- "人見" is an obscure term meaning a hole in the curtains of a kabuki theatre that allows someone backstage to see the audience. It can also mean public observation and a feeling of being watched. It is also part of the term referring to shyness and stranger anxiety.
- Individually, the kanji mean "person" and "see"/"look", respectively. Read this way, it can be interpreted as "people watching".
- "Hitomi" can be read as "瞳", meaning "pupil of the eye".
- Lina's wish is very similar to the wish Haruka Kanade made. However, Lina wished for her mother's memories of Mana to vanish, whereas Haruka wished for her sister to disappear, which apparently removed her from others' memories as well. They both have similar reactions to their wishes, regretting them and eventually becoming witches over them.
- They also made wishes involving their older (presumably, in Lina's case) sisters.
- Lina is the only member of her team whose name does not start with M (excluding the late Futaba).