Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Japanese Name||鹿目 まどか (Kaname Madoka)|
- An average eighth-grader, the kind you could find anywhere. Even her bow-wielding magical girl form projects an air of kind friendliness. Her choker bears an impressively-sized red gem.
- Ms. Aoki’s Design Check!: I drew her keeping in mind that as the main character she needs to be average, but also an exceptionally good girl. Hence her puffy, high-placed twin tails. The design and color of her ribbons took a lot of work, but in the end calmed down to something simple.
- Magical girl outfit: Madoka was drawn to be the very image of a magical girl. I added an almost fairytale-ish hints, so hopefully female viewers will be charmed by her as well. (Aoki)
- Full of tiny frills, with ribbons arranged at the neck, waist, and on the shoes. It’s perfectly “cute”, and seemingly unsuited for combat, but…
- School uniform: Designed to convey the classy image of a private girls’ school, while not being -too- normal. Its distinguishing point is the small hole at the nape of the neck. (Aoki)
- Of the heroines shown here, Madoka has the most childish body. Her legs are clad in pure, virginal white over-knee socks.
- Kyuubey, Homura and Mami confirmed that Madoka has great magical potential.
- The first character of her last name (鹿) means "deer". The last character (目) means "eye."
- Her last name can also be used as a first name.
- Her last name sounds same as (要) the word means "keystone" or "hub".
- Her first name is written in hiragana, which has no particular meaning. However, when written in kanji, it can mean "round" or "tranquil" (円).
- Madoka has many stuffed animals similar in appearance to Kyuubey in her room.
- Madoka Kaname at Pixiv image repository (Japanese)