Difference between revisions of "Madoka Magica Movie"
|Line 132:||Line 132:|
File:Homumado movie fanart.jpg
File:Homumado movie fanart.jpg
Revision as of 01:58, 26 October 2012
"Even the unchangeable destiny, shall be shattered." ~ Madoka☆Magica movie poster.
"Even if it's a deception, this is the future she wanted." ~ Madoka☆Magica movie poster.
Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Movie (劇場版 魔法少女まどか☆マギカ Gekijōban Mahō Shōjo Madoka Magika), the anime movie adaptation of Puella Magi Madoka Magica, was first announced on November 10, 2011 in NewType 2011-12. The movies are set to be a trilogy with the first two being recap of the anime series and the last one being a continuation of the Madoka Magica story. On April 1, 2012 the titles for the first two movies were announced at Anime Contents Expo. Both movies are set for an Autumn 2012 release. The third movie is scheduled to be released sometime in 2013.
- Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Beginning Story (始まりの物語 Hajimari no Monogatari) is the first of the two recap movies, released on October 6, 2012. It features the theme song "Luminous" by ClariS and a new version of "Magia" by Kalafina. It is 130 minutes long and covers the first 8 episodes of the anime series.
- Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Everlasting Story (永遠の物語 Eien no Monogatari) is the second of the recap movies, released on October 13, 2012. It features the theme song "Hikari Furu" by Kalafina. It is 109 minutes long and covers the remaining of the anime series.
- Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Rebellion Story (叛逆の物語 Hangyaku no Monogatari) is the third movie, continuation of the Madoka Magica story, to be released in 2013.
- On August 2012, a picture of a magazine article was leaked to the internet, revealing what appears to be a new character for the Madoka movie. It was quickly discovered that the magazine article was actually a fabrication by 2ch to deceive Madoka fans.
- On October 2, 2012 Mezamashi TV aired a feature on the first movie, showing scenes from the movie OP, new music, as well as new backgrounds and transformation sequences.
- Sayaka gets a new transformation sequence that takes place underwater.
- Sayaka's hair pins are also changed during her transformation, they're now in the shape of a fortissimo sign.
- In Italian, fortissimo means very strong, bright, tough/severe. In the music world, fortissimo is signed as ff and indicates that the piece should be played very loudly.
- Sayaka's face is concealed more often.
- Two of Mami's transformation sequences were changed.
- Mami's room became more lovely and has a loft.
- Kyoko has more variety of food in each scene she is in. She is seen eating green tea and strawberry Pocky in addition to her usual chocolate variety.
- The waffle during her binoculars scene has been replaced with a French cream sandwich cookie.
- The taiyaki she eats as she's fighting Sayaka in Episode 5 has been replaced with a similar bear-shaped pastry.
- The blue ice cream bar she eats at the end of Episode 7 has been replaced with an orange one.
- Snacks are sold around theaters which collaborated by Madoka-Magica and Yaokin who makes "Umai-Bo', that is original of "Ummai-Bo" which Kyoko has.
- SHAFT redraws a lot of the background.
- New Kajiura music
- New Credens Justitiam with the lyrics in Japanese.
- Homura and Madoka sitting on chairs together in an open field. Chairs have a significance with the Madoka animated franchise.
- Note: A detailed comparison between the first movie and the series can be viewed here
Official statements about The Rebellion Story
Very little has been revealed about the third movie. This section has been created to compile all official information about the third movie's contents.
- NewType 2011-12
- Sakura-Con 2012 Interview
- Otakon 2012 - Partial source
- Audio from End-of-The-Everlasting-Story Preview
- ANN: Madoka Magica's Story Will Not End in 3rd Film
- ANN: New Madoka Magica Show Considered After 3rd Film
- The very last part of the new ending animation features an unknown pink silhouette - most likely that of Ultimate Madoka - with another silhouette that is somewhat smaller and floating inside its belly, or womb (?)
- This has fueled speculation of a pregnancy. In Goethe's Faust, Gretchen was actually pregnant with Faust's baby and she was forced to murder her baby by drowning it.
- There have been hints that the witches will reappear in the new movie in some capacity.
- There have been hints that Madoka Kaname will reunite with Homura Akemi, which probably strengthens the speculation above.
- There are also mentions of Hitomi Shizuki and the word "Nightmare" associated with her, implying that she will play a prominent role in the third movie. How this is related remains to be seen.
- It is speculated that the third movie could be taking place in a different universe.
The first two movies are set to open in 18 cities in eight countries and territories between October and December. Each country will have their own key visuals.
- United States
- Los Angeles' Downtown Independent (October 19-25)
- New York's Big Cinema Manhattan (October 20-22)
- Chicago's Music Box (October 20)
- Houston's Alamo Drafthouse (October 20, October 21)
- San Francisco's New People (October 20, October 21)
- Paris' Grand Rex (October 19)
- San Marino
- San Marino Anime Festival (December 8)
- South Korea
- Megabox Dongdaemun (October 27)
- Vie Show Cinemas Taipei Sun (台北日新威秀影城) (October 20 for the first movie, and October 21 for the second)
- Hong Kong
- MCL JP Cinema, Causeway Bay (MCL JP 銅鑼灣戲院) (October 20, October 27)
- Singapore Expo Hall 8 (November 10, November 11)
Key Visual #1 - "Even if it's a deception, this is the future she wanted."
Key Visual #2 - "Even the unchangeable destiny, shall be shattered."
- Homumado movie fanart.jpg
- Mamikyoko nuzzling fanart.png
- MamixKyubey nuzzling fanart.jpg
- Movie 1 Brochure
- Movie 2 Brochure
- Yui's Musings - Madoka Magica Movie 1 : In-Depth Look A fan's detailed overview of observations and differences between the Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Beginning Story movie and the TV series.