Madoka Magica Portable Sayaka Route
The Wish I Prayed For(私が願った、奇跡)
This choice is unlocked after the Mami route cleared without Mami becoming a witch. At the beginning, Mami, Madoka and Homura are already magical girls, with Homura wearing glasses. How does this affects Sayaka's fate?
|Warning, this section contains spoilers.|
One day, Sayaka attend to school as usual, but she finds that Madoka walking with a senpai. In the same day, there is a transferred student called Homura Akemi. After school, Sayaka invites Madoka to go shopping together, but Madoka says she has something with Homura so Sayaka goes to the CD store alone.
When she leaves CD store, however, she meets Madoka, Homura and Mami, who have just defeated Gertrud's familiars. Then she sees a white creature on Madoka's feet. Mami tells Kyubey to hide but Kyubey says for him it's better to have more magical girls. Mami and Madoka are worried about Sayaka's potential to become a magical girl.
She visits Kyousuke that night, and Kyousuke teaches her how to play the violin. When she leaves, Kyubey calls her, but she thinks it's a ghost and runs away since Kyubey doesn't show himself.
Madoka, Homura and Mami go to fight Patricia and defeat her. Sayaka still can't be together with Madoka so she feels lonely. She asks to leave the next day, but visits Kyousuke that evening. Kyousuke knows that he can't play violin any more so he is angry. He damages the CD player with his broken hand and says he doesn't want to see anyone. When Sayaka leaves hospital, Kyubey goes after her and ask her to become a magical girl. Sayaka refuses such a suggestion.
The next day, Sayaka invites Madoka to have lunch together but Madoka says she has another date. After school, Sayaka visits Kyousuke again but is refused by him. Once again, Kyubey suggests that she form a contract. He says that there are many talented artists whose lives are weak and choose to die when they feel it impossible to do better. Maybe Kyousuke is one of such a type. When Sayaka replies Kyousuke is not such a weak person, he tells her to check it herself. Kyousuke is not in his room, he goes to the top of hospital and prepares to commit suicide. Sayaka stops him and then contracts to become a magical girl.
After contracting, she goes to patrol in the night. Since she doesn't know the other three are also magical girls she fights alone. But Kyousuke's playing the violin for her makes her happy. She also fights against H.N.Elly and finds it hard to defeat witches.
One day, when she is hunting Albertine's familiars, she meets Kyoko Sakura. They then begin to fight. But before Sayaka can get into any danger, Madoka, Homura and Mami appear and stop them. Kyoko leaves unhappily, saying she didn't know there were so many magical girls in that area. Sayaka then join Mami's team to fight familiars. She discovers that she is far weaker than all of them. Not wanting to become a burden on the others, she decided to train herself.
Two days later she meets Kyoko again near the factory. They were going to fight again but are stopped by Mami. Suddenly, a witch (Charlotte) appears and sucks them into her barrier. Kyoko understands why Mami is here, but since she feels the witch's power, she stops fighting, and tells Sayaka (who can't tell how powerful this witch is) to be careful. Mami says it might have been caused by the fight between them. They then fight against Charlotte. Charlotte is too powerful to even be defeated by all three magical girls, and Mami tells them to escape. But Sayaka, who didn't want to leave Mami alone, insisted staying with Mami. Mami then got the same fate as in anime (getting decapitated by Charlotte).
Kyoko helps Sayaka to escape from the witch's barrier. Knowing she is too weak to protect others, Sayaka thinks it meaningless to be a magical girl any more. She throws her soul gem to dismiss her magical girl duty. The gem goes into the barrier and the barrier moves away. Madoka and Homura then come and see a soulless Sayaka. At first, they think that Kyoko killed her. But Kyubey comes to explain this: Kyubey tells them to get her soul gem back in two days or Sayaka may die forever. As in the anime, Kyoko use her magic to keep Sayaka's body from decomposing. Madoka and Homura go out to find her gem.
Then there are 3 possible endings after this.
1. Sayaka rescued ending. Madoka and Homura finally find Charlotte's barrier and manage to defeat her, and get Sayaka's soul gem. They cry for Mami before her barrier disappears. They then go to Kyoko's place to revive Sayaka. When Sayaka wakes up, they tell her about the truth. Sayaka is angry and asks Kyubey why he didn't tell them about this. Kyubey then does the same thing as in anime. Sayaka thanks the 3 and runs away. She cries near the river all night.
Next day, she finds Kyousuke going to school with Hitomi. At noon, she decide to confess to him. But when she tells him, her soul gem drops, and Kyousuke sees it. She knows it impossible to be together with him.
A depressing Sayaka goes to observatory, where she meets Kyoko. She confesses her pain to Kyoko and decides to leave Mitakihara. Kyoko tells her about her story, and says she is even more 'baka' than Sayaka. The prejudice between them is vanished.
Before they leave there, they hear some people screams. They finds Izabel's barrier. In the center, they find they are Kyousuke and Hitomi. Sayaka is afraid to save Kyousuke and Hitomi at first because of what they would think of her, but Kyoko persuades her. Kyousuke and Hitomi pass out and do not see the fight. Sayaka and Kyoko then leave the area before they wake up. They will recall hearing Sayaka's voice saying that she was a hero of justice, but they dismiss it thinking they were just dreaming. After this, Kyoko decides to return to Kasamino. She says there are already 3 successors of Mami's will. But they can call her whenever they need help.
She then fights Walpurgis with Homura and Madoka, but dies during the fight. Kyoko is not there because Sayaka chooses not to ask for her help. Sayaka says it an insurance to keep Kyoko from this battle because they might all die. If this happens, Mitakihara will be left for Kyoko.
2. Soul gem is found, but is too tainted. The beginning is the same as above, but Kyousuke and Hitomi see this fighting. After the fight, they're upset, Kyousuke calls Sayaka a monster rather than thank her and Sayaka becomes depressed and eventually turns into Oktavia. There are new cutscenes and different dialogue, but the result is the same where Kyoko sacrifices herself to kill Oktavia and the events of Walpurgis Night plays out the same way.
3. Soul gem is not found. After 2 days, Kyoko fights witches and finds the soul gem the next day. But Kyoko doesn't have enough magic to preserve Sayaka's body and hunt and fight witches at the same time, so Sayaka's body starts to rot. When Kyoko finally finds Sayaka's soul gem, she passes out from exhaustion. While Kyoko is asleep, Sayaka wanders off unaware of her current condition. Kyosuke visits Sayaka at home. He sees Sayaka's alive but in a state of decomposition, and calls her a monster. Meanwhile Homura, Madoka, and Kyoko, realizing that Sayaka is gone, they arrive at Sayaka's home after Kyosuke runs away. She turns into Oktavia. If she does, Kyoko will try to turn Oktavia back into Sayaka. When it becomes apparent that it's impossible, Kyoko will suicide with Oktavia, similar to the events of anime episode 9. Homura and Madoka will fight Walpurgis, but exhaust their soulgems. Madoka will ask Homura to kill her before she turns into a witch. Homura does this then resets time.
Observations and Trivia
- Kyubey says that a magical girl's body will begin to rot after losing contact with her soul gem for 2 days.
- In the 3rd episode of anime, Kyubey suggest Mami not go too fast to prevent stimulation to the witch. In this route, Charlotte becomes abnormally powerful because of the fighting between Kyoko and Sayaka.
- This route allows access to many abilities through multiple encounter opportunities with Albertine familiars, which is recommended to accumulate spell books. Since Madoka and Homura is weak to hunt them, it is suggest to strengthen them by gather more karma values. To hunt more of them by Sayaka is also a good idea, but be careful on her soul gem.
- Glasses Homura's base stats are very low by default, which means many of her powerful abilities cannot be accessed. However, she can use Suspend Time (時間停止), Time Bomb (時限爆弾), and High Caliber Pistol (大口径拳銃). These abilities will even allow her to solo Albertine familiars and Charlotte, the most difficult encounters Homura and Madoka will face alone. Though it is recommended to also make use of Madoka's higher damage attacks to minimize damage. The use of Suspend Time is also helpful in support of the fight against Oktavia, the most difficult encounter in this route, though Homura's lack of firepower should be compensated through the use of Kyoko's more damaging abilities. For Sayaka's route, the Oktavia fight will end when her health is at 30%.
- Because the route offers opportunities to face Oktavia, it is preferable to invest more play time, base stat points and abilities with Kyoko, rather than Sayaka. Even if Sayaka is saved in the route, her soul gem tends to get dark quickly, so it's suggested to switch to playing Kyoko as much as possible to avoid using up too many grief seeds. It's recommended to invest in Kyoko's Negate Spec. Stat Effects (精神系状態異常無効), for the encounter with Izabel. Kyoko's Steal (盗む) and Dozen Thrust (打突) are also useful for all encounters. For Kyoko, Hammer Down the Witches (魔女に与える鉄槌) is effective for single target damage to bosses. Sayaka's strong ability for single target is Spark Edge (スパークエッジ), which is easy to obtain, has effective damage for the cost, and does not have a charge delay.
- Madoka's higher level abilities such as Starlight Arrow (スターライトアロー) is effective, particularly against stacked enemies. However, she tends to take damage much more easily than Kyoko and lacks Homura's avoidance abilities, so it requires more of an investment to make her as useful in combat. But as in the case of fighting Charlotte, her Twinkle Arrow ( トゥインクルアロー) works in excellent combination with Homura's Suspend Time to quickly kill her off.
Choice and effects
(This section list a table which the result of choices are listed)