|Japanese Name||八雲 みたま (Yakumo Mitama)|
|Voiced by||Japanese: Yui Horie|
Mitama Yakumo is the one of the original characters of the 2017 mobile game Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story: Magia Record. Her role in the game is essentially that of 'shopkeeper' as she manages the game's many currencies. Mitama was made playable in April 2018.
- Age: 17
- Eye colour: Blue
- Hair colour: Silver
- Soul Gem: Blue X-shaped gem sitting on a black bow on the right-side of her head
- Weapon: Silk Cloth
- Wish: I want to become the existence who destroys Kamihama
- Witch form: Totentanz
- Japanese pronoun: watashi (わたし)
- School: Daito Academy (Formerly Mizuna Girls' School)
Mitama's powers center around strengthening other people, but she is not powerful enough to fight witches herself. Instead, she makes a living by enhancing the magic of the other magical girls in exchange for grief seeds.
Mitama has been shown in multiple side stories to be a horrible cook, and incompetent enough with knives to be a danger to those around her. She appears to be oblivious to this.
The Doppel of memento mori. Its form is flower petals. The master of this emotion attempts to bring ruin to everything, out of resentment for the environment in which she lives. This Doppel does not forget death, which comes equally to all things in creation. It covers everything with fluttering petals, and gracefully comes to escort away girls with its white gloves. Both it and its master have no way to attack directly, but its power, which exists alongside the demise of all things, is fearsome nonetheless. All magical energy covered by its flowers will wither away, leaving nothing behind. Should this Doppel’s master continually seek its power, her left arm may eventually fuse with it completely.
- The characters in her last name mean "eight" (八) and "cloud" (雲) respectively.
- Mitama means "honored soul," it's basically translated "ancestor spirit". Yakumo, meanwhile, is a famous poem like Iroha's name is, said to be literally the first poem in Japanese ever written (by Susanoo himself, no less). Extremely roughly translated, it goes: "From eight rising clouds I build a wondrous eightfold fence in Izumo to contain my divine bride; oh wondrous eightfold fence."
- Her illustrator is "Punyan"
- Mitama reveals her age during the "We passed the first of that day" event, where she says that she is only 17 years old after being told that she's like a mother to all magical girls in Kamihama.
- Totentanz, which means "Dance of the Dead", is either a reference to Danse Macabre or a classical symphony.
- Screenshot 2017-10-19-02-12-38-1.png
- Mitama civilian clothes.jpg
|Card||Effect||Cooldown||Eng Text||Jap Text|
|Max Limit Break: Attack UP [I]||Passive||[Memoria Reinforcement Material] Things that cannot be held, get crunched up a little bit. Without noticing things that you didn't see, things you decided not to see, do you even notice what you lost. Things that were supposed to be important, weather with time and wither. Leave behind your memories and move forward.||【メモリア強化素材】かかえきれないもの、少しづつ噛み砕いて。呑み込めないもの、見なかったことにして落としてしまったもの、なくしたことさえ気づかずに。大事だったはずのもの、時とともに罅割れ風化して。思い出だけを残して、ただ前に進む|
|Max Limit Break: Defense UP [I]||Passive||[Memoria Reinforcement Material] I can't get it back anymore. As time goes by, memories break down by the thousands leaving only outlines behind. Memories fall from their palm, like silent evening snowflakes, they fall down to the center of my heart.||【メモリア強化素材】取り戻すことなんてもうできない。時とともに千々に砕け、記憶は輪郭を無くしていく。掌からするすると零れ落ちた思い出たちは、けれど静かな夜の粉雪のように、心の中心に降り積もる|
Blast Damage DOWN [X] (Single / 3 T)
Max Limit Break:
Chance to inflict Charm (Single/1T) on attack [II]
Max Limit Break:
Max Limit Break:
|Passive||**Unique to Mitama Yakumo**