Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Japanese Name||百江 なぎさ (Momoe Nagisa)|
|Voiced by||Japanese: Kana Asumi|
Nagisa Momoe is a new magical girl that will be introduced in the movie The Rebellion Story. The character page only says she has a child-like appearance and that her wish and role in the movie are unknown.
- Nagisa's given name is written in hiragana, but it can mean "beach" or "seashore" when written in kanji.
- The first character for Momoe (百) means "hundred", but also carries the connotation of "a lot of things". The second character (江) means "inlet" or "bay".
- 百江 (Momoe) could be translated as "Hundred Rivers" and なぎさ (Nagisa) as "Shore".
- Nagisa is voiced by Kana Asumi, who played Yuno in Hidamari Sketch. According to an interview, Madoka Kaname is based on Yuno.
- The most prominent speculation is that Nagisa is the magical girl form of Charlotte. It has been pointed out that Nagisa's bangs resemble part of Charlotte's forehead in doll form, and her pigtails resemble Charlotte's "ears" in both forms. Nagisa also has a similar color scheme to Charlotte, as she has white hair and wears clothing that is colored brown, red, and pink with polka dots. Finally, Nagisa has unusually colored eyes that are yellow in the center and red at the edge of each iris. This is similar to Charlotte's eyes in her larger form, which are colored blue near the center but then change to yellow and other colors.
- Nagisa's white hair and unusually colored eyes have also drawn comparisons to Kyubey and Ultimate Madoka. There are speculations that Nagisa is an Incubator in human form, or some kind of manifestation of Madoka in the new world she created.
- Because the Faust legend references feature somewhat prominently in Madoka Magica, and due to the new ending animation shown at the end of the first movie (the sequence had a pink silhouette holding another, smaller silhouette inside of it - much like a fetus. In Goethe's Faust, Gretchen was actually pregnant with Faust's baby and she was forced to murder her baby by drowning it, it is speculated that Nagisa may be the child of Ultimate Madoka. Evidence to support this is fairly obvious - Nagisa's own design (most prominently her face) looking very similar to Madoka's, much like how a child would resemble their parents to an extent.
- Nagisa's last name is similar to Mami Tomoe's last name, as well as the given name of Kyoko Sakura's sister Momo. This might indicate a connection with both characters. Evidence to support this is in the new theatrical release poster, where it depicts Nagisa attempting to hide behind Mami and in return, Mami is seemingly trying to hold her close.
- Nagisa's given name could be a reference to Nagisa Misumi from the magical girl anime Futari wa Pretty Cure. It could also be a reference to Kaworu Nagisa from the anime Neon Genesis Evangelion. Additionally, her name could also be a reference to Nagisa Furukawa from Clannad.
- Because of the reading of her name 百江 (Momoe) = Hundred Rivers and なぎさ (Nagisa) = Shore, it is speculated she could be the convergence of timelines.
- Nagisa short hair.jpg
- Nagisa aka charlotte.jpg
Could Nagisa be Charlotte?
- Nagisa meets yuno.png