Puella Magi Oriko Magica (魔法少女おりこ☆マギカ, Mahou Shoujo Oriko Magica) is the second spin-off manga illustrated by Mura Kuroe with a draft by Magica Quartet. The volumes were published by Houbunsha and feature the return of Kyoko and Mami from the anime as well as new cast members.
Although the first volume was initially intended to be released on April 12, 2011, the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami, as well as the subsequent postponement of the last two episodes of the anime caused Oriko Magica to be postponed to May 12, 2011. The second volume was released on June 13, 2011.
An extra episode of Oriko Magica titled Mahou Shoujo Oriko Magica: Noisy Citrine was published in Manga Time Kirara Magica Vol.2. The chapter is focused on Kirika and the reason why she became the person she is now.
The story is believed to take place in one of the alternate timelines, during the same time period (calendar-wise) as the original anime. It is most likely to be one of the timelines occuring between timeline 3 and timeline 4 of the TV anime. The plot revolves around Oriko Mikuni, a mysterious magical girl with a unique ability to see the future.
- Characters — List of all major, minor characters and witches and its familiars in the manga.
- Chapter 1: Don't Even Think About Becoming a Magical Girl
- Chapter 2: I'm Not Crying At All
- Chapter 3: Love is Infinitely Finite
- Chapter 4: I'll Never Forgive You
- Chapter 5: That's What I'm Here For
- Chapter 6: Someday isn't Today
- Chapter 7: To Protect My World
Translation of Official Site
Even though the TV anime ended, Puella Magi will not.
Who could be the girl that stands in front of Mami and Kyoko?
Stay tuned for volume one of the official spin-off comic "Puella Magi Oriko Magica", which shows another fight that was not depicted in Mami's, Kyoko's as well as Homura and Madoka's TV anime!!
- Introducing a spin-off comic from the big-hit original TV anime "Puella Magi Madoka Magica" with a whole new story!
Kyoko Sakura, who spends all her time fighting in isolation, Mami Tomoe, who protects Mitakihara Town with a heart of justice and Homura Akemi, who silently approaches Madoka Kaname.
A story revolving around each Puella Magi's battles that weren't meant to cross, centering in an event called "Puella Magi Hunting".
Which would be, an incident that would change the fate of the girls completely.
Which would be, the beginning of a new Puella Magi story...
The first eight pages are available for official preview here . Click on the orange button.
- Kyoko Sakura who searches for a fated white Puella Magi; Mami Tomoe, who confronts the culpit of the "Puella Magi Hunting", a black Puella Magi; and Homura Akemi, who does nothing but protect Madoka Kaname's peace. The path of those three magical girls weren't supposed to cross. A story where their existence is tested. The story of a passed time line. This is the concluding volume of the spin-off comic made for the big-hit TV anime, "Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica".
- Mami, Kyoko and Yuma pose.png
Fan art of the volume 1 cover girls striking a pose.
- Black mage Kirika Kure art.jpg
Fan art of Kirika Kure.
- Mami yuma kyouko fanart.jpg
Fan art of Kyoko and Yuma.
- Kyouko and Yuma together.jpg
Fan art of Kyoko and Yuma, happy together.
- Yuma, sayaka, kyouko fanart.jpg
Fan art of Yuma and Sayaka fighting over Kyoko.
- Yuma, sayaka, kyouko fanart with text.jpg
continuation of fight.
- Yuma and kyouko headpat.jpg
Fan art of Kyoko showing Yuma some sisterly affection.
Fan art of Kyoko and Oriko battling.