They are the remains of three Futasugi magical girl gangs: the Ryuugasaki faction, the Torayacho faction and the Hebinomiya faction. Because of the Wings of Magius' work, there was a severe drought of Witches in areas outside of Kamihama, which ultimately led to a very bloody civil war in Futatsugi between the three gangs. After lots of fighting, the leaders of the gangs eventually decided that they needed to unite if they were all going to survive.
They soon learned about Kamihama's Witch surplus and Doppel system, and are currently trying to invade the city with the goal of eliminating its native magical girls and taking the territory and Doppel barrier for themselves. Yuna, in particular, blames Kamihama for the Futatsugi gang war and has become so angry that it has resulted in a change in her appearance.
The original leaders of the three factions of Futatsugi City. They united as one group and serve as the leaders of Promised Blood:
- Yuna Kureha (former leader of the Torayacho faction)
- Ao Kasane (former leader of the Hebinomiya faction)
- Juri Oba (former leader of the Ryuugasaki faction)
Hikaru Kirari, while not a leader, acts as a direct subordinate of the three.
Several Magical Girls have been sent in to infiltrate and investigate Kamihama, in an aim to learn more about the purification system that's in place:
Other known members of Promised Blood that operate in other capacities.
Futatsugi City Magical Girls
The lowest ranking members of the group. Nameless magical girls only identified by rank, they are the ones wearing hoodies or vests and a face mask sometimes adorned with spray-painted fangs.
- The names of the former factions refer to animals. In particular, Ryuugasaki and Torayacho refer to the duality between dragon and tiger, respectively, while Hebinomiya refers to a snake. It should be noted that Ryuugasaki and Torayacho in particular were bound in a rivalry.
- Yuna, Juri and Ao forming a sisterhood is likely referencing the Oath of the Peach Garden in the historical novel about Three Kingdoms in China.
- In the Oath of the Peach Garden, Liu Bei, Guan Yu and Zhang Fei became sworn brothers although they are not related by blood.
- This ceremony later evolved over time in the mafia world, as during the similar ceremony, the participants cut their fingers, let blood flowed out and mixed into their drink, then drink them together, as if their blood has blended together to make them siblings.
- This is basically what Yuna, Juri and Ao did at the end of Crimson Resolve, hence the name: Promised Blood. But in their case, they cut their wrists instead of their fingers.
- In the middle part of their logo, there is a spiked club, or a Kanabo, which is Yuna's weapon.