Puella Magi Oriko Magica: Sadness Prayer
Puella Magi Oriko Magica: Sadness Prayer (［新約］魔法少女おりこ☆マギカ～sadness prayer～ [Shinyaku] Mahō Shōjo Oriko Magika ~sadness prayer~, lit. "New Testament: Puella Magi Oriko Magica: Sadness Prayer") is the fifth spin-off manga in the Puella Magi franchise, illustrated by Kuroe Mura. It is a prequel to the first installment of Puella Magi Oriko Magica, set before the events of Oriko Magica, but after the prologue, where Oriko sees Kriemhild Gretchen and Yuma.
Sadness Prayer was originally serialized in Manga Time Kirara Magica from November 8, 2013. So far, two collected volumes have been released, with volume 1 collecting chapters 1 - 7, and volume 2 collecting chapters 8 - 13.
Note: As all chapters of Sadness Prayer are currently only available in Japanese, most of the info here comes from rough translation and interpretation of events. Thus, some of the information may be incorrect, so please do not treat anything as 100% accurate.
- Volume 1
- The prequel to Puella Magi Oriko Magica, a spinoff of the critically bestselling Madoka Magica franchise, following Oriko Mikuni's wish to know her reason for living... and the beginnings of her life as a magical girl.
- Volume 2
A prequel to Oriko Magica, expanding on the original characters and introducing several new ones. Sadness Prayer shows how Oriko and Kirika first met and teamed up, expands on Oriko's family and school life, and expands on her and Kirika's feelings on having to kill magical girls to fulfill their goals.
- Chapter 1: Sore ga hontō ni tadashī no ka? (それが本当に正しいのか？)
- Chapter 2: Ano shōjo ni wa deaenai (あの少女には出会えない)
- Chapter 3: Tada no yatsu atarida yo (ただのやつあたりだよ)
- Chapter 4: Sono tame ni ima no watashi wa aru (そのために今のわたしはある)
- Chapter 5: Mahō shōjo tte no mo yatte yaru wa (魔法少女ってのもやってやるわ)
- Chapter 6: Ikkai kurai wa ganbatte ageyou kana (一回くらいは頑張ってあげようかな)
- Chapter 7: Tsumi no omosa ni tsuburete shimawanai yō ni (罪の重さに潰れてしまわないように)
- Chapter 8: Umarekawatta yōnai kibun nanda (生まれ変わったようない気分なんだ)
- Chapter 9: Watashi wa kurikaesu, kono shūmatsu o (わたしは繰り返す、この終末を)
- Chapter 10: Hontō ni ano toki datta no kana (本当にあの時だったのかな)
- Chapter 11: Konna ni īko ni shiteru no ni (こんなにいい子にしてるのに)
- Chapter 12: Sonna koto wa shiranai kata ga ī yo (そんなことは知らない方がいいよ)
- Chapter 13: Kanojo wa tsumi mugo na matsuro o togeru (彼女は罪惨な末路を遂げる)
Collected volume changes
|Language||Publisher||Country||Release date||Volume 1||Volume 2|
|Japanese||Houbunsha||Japan||February 12th, 2015,
December 12th, 2015
|English||Yen Press||United States||November 22nd, 2016|