Puella Magi Oriko Magica: Sadness Prayer
Puella Magi Oriko Magica: Sadness Prayer (［新約］魔法少女おりこ☆マギカ～sadness prayer～ [Shinyaku] Mahō Shōjo Oriko Magika ~sadness prayer~, lit. "New Testament: Puella Magi Oriko Magica: Sadness Prayer") is the fifth spin-off manga in the Puella Magi franchise, illustrated by Kuroe Mura. It is a prequel to the first installment of Puella Magi Oriko Magica, set before the events of Oriko Magica, but after the prologue, where Oriko sees Kriemhild Gretchen and Yuma.
Sadness Prayer was originally serialized in Manga Time Kirara Magica from November 8, 2013. So far, two collected volumes have been released, with volume 1 collecting chapters 1 - 7, and volume 2 collecting chapters 8 - 13. A third volume is set to be released October 31, 2017.
- Volume 1
- After becoming a magical girl, Oriko Mikuni befriends other magical girls at her school-and not always on initially positive terms! Complications arise when Oriko's friends, unaware they both know Oriko, fight over a grief seed, leading to someone's death...
- Volume 2
- Oriko sees her use of Kiriko as an attack dog against other magical girls as a justifiable means to achieving a greater purpose—protecting the world from the destructive force of Walpurgisnacht. However, their arrangement has piqued the interest of another magical girl, who has her own reasons for wanting a magical killer like Kiriko at her beck and call...Will her savory offer sway Kiriko's allegiance and leave Oriko herself open to attack?!
- Volume 3
- With her power of foresight, Oriko Mikuni sees at the future of Mitakihara, using Kirika Kure to hunt other magical girls. What does Oriko want with the girls intertwined around Madoka...? Don't miss the long-awaited third volume to the prequel series!
- Volume 4
- Since her transformation into a magical girl, Kirika has served as Oriko's muscle, sparing her the trouble of battling witches - and other magical girls - herself. Little did Oriko know that Kirika was also protecting her from a terrible secret, one that will shake Oriko to her core. As past and present sins press against her, will Oriko's resolve stand firm?
A prequel to Oriko Magica, expanding on the original characters and introducing several new ones. Sadness Prayer shows how Oriko and Kirika first met and teamed up, expands on Oriko's family and school life, and expands on her and Kirika's feelings on having to kill magical girls to fulfill their goals.
- Volume 1
- Chapter 1: Is This Actually the Right Thing? (それが本当に正しいのか？ Sore ga hontō ni tadashī no ka?)
- Chapter 2: I Won't Meet Up with That Girl (あの少女には出会えない Ano shōjo ni wa deaenai)
- Chapter 3: Just Venting Some Frustration (ただのやつあたりだよ Tada no yatsu atarida yo)
- Chapter 4: This is My Entire Purpose in Life (そのために今のわたしはある Sono tame ni ima no watashi wa aru)
- Chapter 5: I'll Do What Magical Girls Do (魔法少女ってのもやってやるわ Mahō shōjo tte no mo yatte yaru wa)
- Chapter 6: Just This Once, I'll Go All Out (一回くらいは頑張ってあげようかな Ikkai kurai wa ganbatte ageyou kana)
- Chapter 7: Don't Be Crushed Under the Weight of Sins (罪の重さに潰れてしまわないように Tsumi no omosa ni tsuburete shimawanai yō ni)
- Volume 2
- Chapter 8: I Feel Like I've Been Reborn (生まれ変わったようない気分なんだ Umarekawatta yōnai kibun nanda)
- Chapter 9: This World's End, Over and Over (わたしは繰り返す、この終末を Watashi wa kurikaesu, kono shūmatsu o)
- Chapter 10: Was it Really That Time? (本当にあの時だったのかな Hontō ni ano toki datta no kana)
- Chapter 11: I was Doing My Best to Be a Good Girl (こんなにいい子にしてるのに Konna ni īko ni shiteru no ni)
- Chapter 12: You Really Don't Wanna Know (そんなことは知らない方がいいよ Sonna koto wa shiranai kata ga ī yo)
- Chapter 13: She is Fated to a Tragic End (彼女は罪惨な末路を遂げる Kanojo wa tsumi mugo na matsuro o togeru)
- Volume 3
Collected volume changes