|Japanese Name||(南津 涼子) Natsu Ryoko|
|Voiced by||Japanese: Yukina Tomatsu|
Ryoko Natsu is a character in the 2017 mobile game Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story: Magia Record. She first appeared in August 2019 in the event Crimson Resolve. Although she does not live in Tokime Village (but rather in the neighboring village), she is a member of the Tokime Clan by blood.
- Eye colour: Red
- Hair colour: Black
- Soul Gem: Red flame-shaped gem as a hairclip
- Weapon: Keisaku
- Wish: Expose the corruption and dishonesty of the City Officials and Politicians who trying to Demolish the Suitoku Temple
- Witch form: Gosirsa
- Japanese Pronoun: atashi (あたし)
- Known relatives: Unnamed mother and father (deceased), unnamed grandfather
- School: Minagi Liberty Academy
|Spirit Enhancement Data|
A hot-blooded Magical girl who grew up in a temple, she detests the corruption belonging to the Tokime Clan. She lost her parents when she was very young, and was rigidly raised by her strict grandfather who lives in "Joanji" Temple, a temple near Kamihama. She came to Kamihama with a passion in order to support the young girl that's the head of house.
The Doppel of stalwart honesty. Its form is an ox cart. The master of this emotion has faith in her honest, straightforward nature, but is also aware of how her own inflexibility may drive her into a corner in the future. Though this Doppel plows ahead with singular purpose, its sense of urgency overtakes its body and constantly puts it on the verge of tumbling forward. But thanks to the support it receives from its many wheeled arms, it will push onward until it physically cannot continue. Even if it meets with an obstacle, its buzzsaw arms will likely carve straight through. As such, this single-minded Doppel serves to reaffirm its master’s way of being.
The following is a summary by muzass96.
The Tokime clan's base is at the temple, which was originally planned to be demolished, as a part of a neighborhood renovation plan. They covered up the details about the consequences for the people who would suffer from the loss of it, though. Ryoko was not happy that this situation was presented to people as something good, especially considering her beliefs. So, she wished for the details of the demolition to be disclosed. The irony is, she is not even from Kamihama, but from a neighboring town. However, she is a part of the Tokime clan through blood. The temple she saved belongs to one of the branch families. Another irony is, she didn't want to be a hero and a part of the Tokime clan in the first place.
She lost her parents when she was young and she was raised at the Buddhist temple by her grandfather. She was told that her mother was "a hero, who saved the country". Yet she died and left Ryoko behind. As a result, the girl was raised in the traditional, ascetic manner. Eventually, Ryoko developed a grudge against heroes and viewed acts of heroism as simply the means for someone to obtain empty fame.
During a flashback, Moeka Megumi was attempting to save a drowning kitten despite being unable to swim, resulting in Ryoko having to save her. She asked for a reason for such recklessness afterwards. Moeka answered that she did it simply because she can't stand someone dying on her watch. Though Ryoko didn't think she was serious at the time, since the thought of someone acting heroic just to be perceived as a hero by others was still too strong in her. This continued until her grandfather let her listen to a recording which contained her mom's final message, the one Ryoko was to listen to when she grew up enough. The truth was that her mom had worked for the intelligence agency - Ryoko's grandfather euphemistically called "a job that related with maintenance of public order in Police(警察の治安に関する仕事)". she was gathering intel on domestic terrorist cells, but the clock was ticking on terrorist cell's plan and the back-up didn't make it in time. Her heroic actions led to her preventing a potential war outbreak.
Such a discovery changed Ryoko's views significantly which led her to joining the Tokime clan (despite previously refusing them, after they had shown her the Tokime village). Her grandpa knows she's a magical girl because he saw her after her transformation - Her debut in "A New Beginning" happened because she heard a monk from the temple she saved telling her grandfather that the village members of the clan will come to Kamihama. She got curious and witnessed Touka's Doppel when she arrived.
- A New Beginning
- Crimson Resolve
- Always Waving my Hand at You
- Angels on the Road ~Reindeer Santa Prospering Season~
- The characters of her last name mean "south" (南) and "harbor" (津) respectively.
- The characters of her first name mean "cool/refreshing" (涼) and "child" (子) respectively.
- Much like Hikaru Kirari, her Doppel is also time-locked until February 7 of 2020.
- Her grandfather is aware of her being a magical girl, as he has seen her in her transformed state.
- Gosirsa is the original name of the deity Gozu-Tennou, who is associated with oxes.
- According to Her grandfather's testimony, it is presumed that Ryoko's mother was a Operator of Japanese intelligence agency - technically a Security Bureau of Japanese Police(possibly NPA Security Bureau or TMPD Public Security Bureau). Ryoko's mother participating in a black ops mission to Neutralize the Domestic Terrorists who trying to launch a terrorist attack and implicating the Other Country's intelligence agency Operative in the attack, for bring a full-scale war between the Japan and Other Country. as a result of Operation, the Domestic terrorist groups' plan was failed but Ryoko's mother have been Killed in Action in an unequal fight.
- Her illustrator is "Azure"
|Card||Effect||Cooldown||Eng Text||Jap Text|
|Max Limit Break:
MP Gain UP [IV] & Status Ailment Resistance UP [III] (Self / 3 T)
|Max Limit Break:
|"I'm already...it's hopeless to see...
Far from standing up, I barely have the power to move even one finger... Oh, the flowing clouds...look like cotton candy..." And then in the meadow, her stomach rumbled.
立ち上がるどころか、指一本動かす力も残ってねぇ… ああ、流れる雲が…綿菓子に見える…」 そして草原では、腹の虫が鳴り響く
Charged Damage UP [II] & Damage Cut [III] (Self / 3 T)
Max Limit Break:
Charged Damage UP [III] & Damage Cut [IV] (Self / 3 T)
Max Limit Break:
|**Unique to Ryoko Minamitsu**
The prize for perfect attendance is even harder to earn than 100 points on a test.
The certificate of mastery in elementary and middle school, the mark of a healthy body and honest heart. The greatest fortune bequeathed to us by our parents. But, if there is a call for help in the distance, I'll leave school at full speed.
小中全制覇の賞状は、丈夫な体と真っ直ぐな心の証 両親から授かった、何ものにも代えがたい最高の財産 でも、遠くで助けを求める声があれば、一目散に学校を抜け出す
|Max Limit Break:
Damage Cut [III] & Chance to Guardian [III]
|Passive||The urge to call you out by name is suppressed in my chest.
Called out by each other's name, memories of a long distant past. Lock up your memories precisely, and leave with a smile. I can't open the key. Until the day you come back alive. Because that's a promise.
名前で呼び合ったのは、もう遠い遠い過去の思い出 思い出には正しく鍵をかけ、笑顔で出発 鍵は開けない。生きて帰るその日まで。それが約束だから
Damage UP [V] & Regenerate HP [III]
Max Limit Break:
Damage UP [VI] & Regenerate HP [IV]
|Passive||Impermanence? I forgot that word.
Now you just have to believe that there are some things that don't change. Stop thinking about such dull things. I can't do such unsophisticated things in front of my best friend.
今はただ、変わらないものもあると信じていればいい つまらないことを考えるのはもう止め 大親友を前にそんな野暮なことはしてられない
- Recording of Ryoko's Transformation Video on Youtube (JP)
- Recording of Ryoko's Magia Video on Youtube (JP)
- Recording of Ryoko's Doppel Video on Youtube (JP)