|Japanese Name||(南津 涼子) Natsu Ryoko|
|Voiced by||Japanese: Yukina Tomatsu|
Ryoko Natsu is a character in the 2017 mobile game Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story: Magia Record. She first appeared in August 2019 in the event Crimson Resolve. Although she does not live in Tokime Village, she is a member of the Tokime Clan by blood.
- Eye colour: Red
- Hair colour: Black
- Soul Gem: Red flame-shaped gem as a hairclip
- Weapon: Keisaku
- Wish: Expose the corruption and dishonesty of the City Officials and Politicians who trying to Demolish the Suitoku Temple
- Ability: Sermon (creates a pocket dimension resembling Suitoku Temple where fighting is not possible and Ryoko’s words have strengthened influence)
- Witch form: Gosirsa
- Japanese Pronoun: atashi (あたし)
- Known relatives: Unnamed mother (deceased) and father (deceased), unnamed grandfather
- School: Minaminagi Liberty Academy
|Spirit Enhancement Data|
A hot-blooded Magical girl who grew up in a temple, she detests the corruption belonging to the Tokime Clan. She lost her parents when she was very young, and was rigidly raised by her strict grandfather who lives in "Joanji" Temple, a temple near Kamihama. She came to Kamihama with a passion in order to support the young girl that's the head of house.
The Doppel of stalwart honesty. Its form is an ox cart. The master of this emotion has faith in her honest, straightforward nature, but is also aware of how her own inflexibility may drive her into a corner in the future. Though this Doppel plows ahead with singular purpose, its sense of urgency overtakes its body and constantly puts it on the verge of tumbling forward. But thanks to the support it receives from its many wheeled arms, it will push onward until it physically cannot continue. Even if it meets with an obstacle, its buzzsaw arms will likely carve straight through. As such, this single-minded Doppel serves to reaffirm its master’s way of being.
The following is a summary by muzass96.
The Tokime clan's base is at the temple, which was originally planned to be demolished, as a part of a neighborhood renovation plan. They covered up the details about the consequences for the people who would suffer from the loss of it, though. Ryoko was not happy that this situation was presented to people as something good, especially considering her beliefs. So, she wished for the details of the demolition to be disclosed. The irony is, she is not even from Kamihama, but from a neighboring town. However, she is a part of the Tokime clan through blood. The temple she saved belongs to one of the branch families. Another irony is, she didn't want to be a hero and a part of the Tokime clan in the first place.
She lost her parents when she was young and she was raised at the Buddhist temple by her grandfather. She was told that her mother was "a hero, who saved the country". Yet she died and left Ryoko behind. As a result, the girl was raised in the traditional, ascetic manner. Eventually, Ryoko developed a grudge against heroes and viewed acts of heroism as simply the means for someone to obtain empty fame.
During a flashback, Moeka Megumi was attempting to save a drowning kitten despite being unable to swim, resulting in Ryoko having to save her. She asked for a reason for such recklessness afterwards. Moeka answered that she did it simply because she can't stand someone dying on her watch. Though Ryoko didn't think she was serious at the time, since the thought of someone acting heroic just to be perceived as a hero by others was still too strong in her. This continued until her grandfather let her listen to a recording which contained her mom's final message, the one Ryoko was to listen to when she grew up enough. The truth was that her mom had worked for the intelligence agency - Ryoko's grandfather euphemistically called "a job that related with maintenance of public order in Police(警察の治安に関する仕事)". she was gathering intel on domestic terrorist cells, but the clock was ticking on terrorist cell's plan and the back-up didn't make it in time. Her heroic actions led to her preventing a potential war outbreak.
Such a discovery changed Ryoko's views significantly which led her to joining the Tokime clan (despite previously refusing them, after they had shown her the Tokime village). Her grandpa knows she's a magical girl because he saw her after her transformation - Her debut in "A New Beginning" happened because she heard a monk from the temple she saved telling her grandfather that the village members of the clan will come to Kamihama. She got curious and witnessed Touka's Doppel when she arrived.
- A New Beginning
- Crimson Resolve
- Always Waving my Hand at You
- Angels on the Road ~Reindeer Santa Prospering Season~
- The Peaceful Daily Life of Nayuta's House
- Tokime Clan Tale
- The characters of her last name mean "south" (南) and "harbor" (津) respectively.
- The characters of her first name mean "cool/refreshing" (涼) and "child" (子) respectively.
- Much like Hikaru Kirari, her Doppel was also time-locked until February 7, 2020.
- Her grandfather is aware of her being a Magical Girl, as he has seen her in her transformed state.
- Gosirsa is the original name of the deity Gozu-Tennou, who is associated with oxes.
- According to her grandfather's testimony, it is presumed that Ryoko's mother was an operative for a Japanese intelligence agency - technically a Security Bureau of Japanese Police (possibly the NPA Security Bureau or TMPD Public Security Bureau). Ryoko's mother participated in a black ops mission to neutralize the domestic terrorists who were trying to launch a terrorist attack and implicate the operative of another country's intelligence agency, with the aim of instigating a full-scale war between the Japan and the other country. As a result of operation, the domestic terrorist group's plan failed, but Ryoko's mother was killed in action in an unfair fight.
- Her illustrator is "Azure."
To edit a memoria's details, click on the specific memoria
|Card||Effect||Cooldown||EN Text||JP Text|
|"I'm already...it's hopeless to see...
Far from standing up, I barely have the power to move even one finger... Oh, the flowing clouds...look like cotton candy..."And then in the meadow, her stomach rumbled.
|The beginning of a new year makes me excited, because I feel like I have become a new person myself.
Oranges, sea breams, hibachi, and rice cakes are like gods of good fortune to celebrate your new self, so let's meet expectations and celebrate the New Year with new knowledge!“Eat Galette des Royes and decide who is the happiest!”
|**Unique to Ryoko Minamitsu**|
The prize for perfect attendance is even harder to earn than 100 points on a test.
The certificate of mastery in elementary and middle school, the mark of a healthy body and honest heart. The greatest fortune bequeathed to us by our parents.But, if there is a call for help in the distance, I'll leave school at full speed.
|The urge to call you out by name is suppressed in my chest.
Called out by each other's name, memories of a long distant past. Lock up your memories precisely, and leave with a smile.I can't open the key. Until the day you come back alive. Because that's a promise.
|Impermanence? I forgot that word.
Now you just have to believe that there are some things that don't change. Stop thinking about such dull things.I can't do such unsophisticated things in front of my best friend.
|"We can't lose this battle, no matter what...!
...H-Hey! For God's sake, please be quiet!" "Heh heh, the fish are messing with you. Now then, I'm going to get serious!"The battle of the girls for the pride of Tokime continues...
|Card||Effect||Cooldown||EN Text||JP Text|
- Recording of Ryoko's Transformation Video on Youtube (JP)
- Recording of Ryoko's Magia Video on Youtube (JP)
- Recording of Ryoko's Doppel Video on Youtube (JP)