Puella Magi Oriko Magica
"Which would be, an incident that would change her destiny..."
"Which would be, the beginning of a whole another magical girl tale..."
― Volume covers
Puella Magi Oriko Magica (魔法少女おりこ☆マギカ Mahō Shōjo Oriko Magika) is the second spin-off manga in the Puella Magi franchise. The story was written by Magica Quartet and illustrated by Kuroe Mura, with the two collected volumes published by Houbunsha. Volume 1 collects chapters 1 - 3, and volume 2 collects 4 - 7.
Oriko Magica has since received several more installments, which are published in Manga Time Kirara Magica. See the Puella Magi Oriko Magica: Extra Story and Puella Magi Oriko Magica: Sadness Prayer pages for more details.
- Volume 1
- Oriko, a magical girl with the gift of foresight, knows the fate that awaits all who accept Kyubey’s offer of supernatural powers. But when she is struck with a terrible vision of the future—of the devastation caused by a single, powerful witch—she decides to prevent the girl from becoming a magical girl in the first place. To draw Kyubey away from the girl’s potential, Oriko directs him instead to Yuma, an orphan who is all too eager to gain powers that will enable her to protect herself—powers that will ultimately lead to her own destruction...
- Volume 2
- Oriko is determined to use any means available to her in order to prevent the destruction she has glimpsed in the future. Her companion, Kirika, has been useful in creating a distraction by murdering other Magical Girls, but Oriko recognizes that the time for diversionary tactics has passed—she must target the source directly and eliminate the threat. Little does she realize that her quarry has a protector who is as passionate about keeping the girl alive as Oriko is about seeing her dead. What future ultimately awaits in the eye-opening conclusion of Oriko Magica?!
Oriko Magica is a story taking place in one of the many timelines that occurs between timelines four and five of the Madoka Magica anime.
Upon her birth as a magical girl, Oriko Mikuni sees a terrifying vision of the future of Mitakihara City, where the ultra-powerful witch Kriemhild Gretchen threatens to destroy the world. Horrified, Oriko vows to stop it and protect her world at any cost. She teams up with another magical girl, Kirika Kure, to do so; and upon seeing another vision of a young girl named Yuma Chitose, directs Kyubey towards contracting with her as a distraction. Meanwhile, Kyoko Sakura encounters Yuma after killing the witch that murdered her family, and reluctantly takes Yuma under her wing; and Mami Tomoe investigates a mysterious case of magical girl killings that been recently occurring.
- Chapter 1: Don't Even Think About Becoming a Magical Girl
- Chapter 2: I'm Not Even Close to Crying
- Chapter 3: Love is an Infinity of Limitations
- Chapter 4: I Do Not Forgive You
- Chapter 5: That Is Why I Am Here
- Chapter 6: Someday Is Not Now
- Chapter 7: To Protect My World
 Official art
 Colour pages
- Although the first collected volume was initially intended to be released on April 12, 2011, the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami, as well as the subsequent postponement of the last two episodes of the anime caused Oriko Magica to be postponed to May 12, 2011. The second volume was then released on June 13, 2011.
- Official website for Puella Magi Oriko Magica (Japanese)
- Covers for Puella Magi Oriko Magica on official website. (Japanese)
- Official website Puella Magi Oriko Magica from Yen Press.
- Puella Magi Oriko Magica at TV Tropes.
- The first eight pages are available for official preview here. Click on the orange button. (Japanese)