Tart (タルト Taruto), also known as Jeanne d'Arc (ジャンヌ・ダルク Jan'nu Daruku) is the protagonist of Puella Magi Tart Magica: The Legend of "Jeanne d'Arc".
- Eye colour: Green
- Hair colour: Blonde.
- Soul gem: A cross located on her chest.
- Weapon: Magically Composed Sword "Épée de Clovis"
- Wish: To have the Power to Bring light to France.
- Witch Form: La Pucelle de Blancheur (spinoff-exclusive)
- Japanese pronoun: watashi (私)
- Known relatives: Jacques d'Arc (Father), Isabelle d'Arc (Mother), Jacquemin, Jean and Pierre d'Arc (Older Brothers) and Catherine d'Arc (younger sister).
Tart in Magia Record
She is one of the rare magical girls to be born without a natural weapon or knowledge of one. Instead, she often destroyed most of her opponents with a blast of light energy from her soul gem, sometimes taking on the vague shape of a sword or spear. While incredibly powerful, it often drained a great deal of her magic which took a heavy burden on her. She has high offensive and defensive abilities, able to take direct hits from other magical girls without harm, and these abilities were enhanced even further after her near-death experience at the hands of Corbeau and her subsequent revival as a result of Melissa's wish. She was later able to conjure a flag standard that she used as her more powerful attack "La Lumiere". After meeting with another magical girl named Pernelle, she was gifted a sword known as the "Épée de Clovis", which was forged with metal that had magical properties and was housed at the church of St. Catherine. This allowed her to channel smaller amounts of her magic into the sword and made it easier for her to conserve her magical power in battle.
When Corbeau used her Danse Macabre to infect both the English and French armies with bubonic plage, including any magical girls, Tart was able to use her abilities to summon a magical circle in the sky (similar to Madoka's attack), which rained down on the populace below. Everyone who had been infected with the plague were subsequently healed. During her final battle with Isabeau, Tart summoned a magic circle in the sky once again, this time opening like a gate from which powerful beams of light shapes like crosses shoot down, piercing her enemy. This ultimate attack was named "The Gates of Heaven", in contrast to Riz's "Gates of Hell" attack.
- She is known as Jeanette by her friends and family, and referred to as 'La Pucelle' by the French soldiers and officials. The later is a shortened version of 'La Pucelle d'Orléans' (The Maid of Orléans), a common nickname for Joan of Arc. On it's own, 'La Pucelle' can be translated as "The Maiden".
- She is a lightweight when it comes to drinking, as even a single cup of wine can turn her head and cause her to glomp onto her friends Riz and Melissa.
Kyubey asked Jean to spell her name out since it would be easier for him, however Jeanne was not very literate and was only taught to write her name by the village priest. After looking at her name, Kyubey decides her surname "Tart" sounded better and decides to refer to her as that.
Tart's appearance from Madoka Magica Episode 12: My Best Friend