Itzli (ITZLI) is a new witch that appears in Puella Magi Madoka Magica Portable. She is the Witch of Oblivion. It is not part of the regular gameplay, and is only available in the Oblivious barrier (忘却の結界), the last of five bonus dungeons provided with the game, unlocked by clearing Homura's route.
The witch of oblivion, with a vengeful nature. A witch who is said to have originally been a magical girl who came from the end of the galaxy. She has shown herself now in order to forget about all the magical girls from this universe.
- Because of the Witch's information, it is suspected that Itzli was a magical girl from another planet, an Alien magical girl.
- Itzli uses shadow magical girls as familiars, identical to those used by Walpurgis Night.
- Upon her death, she launches into the sky like a rocket and explodes.
- Itzli means "obsidian" in the Aztec language.
- In Aztec mythology, Itzli (or Itztli) was a god of stone, particularly in the shape of a sacrificial knife. He served Tezcatlipoca as the god of the Second Hour of the Night. He is associated with Chalchiuhtlicue and Tlazolteotl. Itzli was therefore the god of (human) sacrifice and stone knives.
- Obsidian was a valuable material prior to the use of iron, like flint, it could be fractured to produce sharp blades or arrowheads. Like all glass and some other types of naturally occurring rocks, obsidian breaks with a characteristic conchoidal fracture. It was also polished to create early mirrors such as the ones used in Aztec shamanic rituals.
- New animation of Itzli appears in the second Madoka Magica pachislot game.
|| The witch of oblivion, with a vengeful nature. A witch who is said to have originally been a magical girl who came from the end of the galaxy. She has shown herself now in order to forget about all the magical girls from this universe.