Difference between revisions of "Homura Akemi"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Created page with "thumb|300px|right *Last Name : 暁美 (Akemi) *First Name : ほむら (Homura) *Age : ??? ==Brief Description== Homura is first seen by Madoka in a dre...")
Revision as of 12:30, 17 January 2011
- Last Name : 暁美 (Akemi)
- First Name : ほむら (Homura)
- Age : ???
Homura is first seen by Madoka in a dream of her fighting a monster in a desolate landscape of skyscrapers. The day after the dream, Homura has transferred to Madoka's school where she gives her ominous warnings.
- She is voiced by Chiwa Saitou
- Homura is frequently referred to as "Homerun-chan" amongst fans, since both names sound pretty similar
- The first character for Akemi (暁) means "daybreak", while the second one (美) means beauty
- Her first name is written in hiragana, which has no special meaning. However, when written in kanji, it can mean:
- inflammation, blaze (炎)
- heart on fire (心火)
- village protector (保村)
- She's willing to fight the good fights alone
- She wants to stop madoka's contract
- She has very strong reactions (anger or sadness) upon meeting madoka
- She has full knowledge of madoka's school
- She's never seen actually fighting a witch. In fact, she only seems violent towards Kyuubey
- She seems like the antagonist, but might become an ally and/or mentor of Madoka's in the future
- If the theory about witches and magical girls is true (see Speculations and theories), then it is fairly possible that Homura is on the brink of becoming a witch, which could be why Mami wanted to share her Grief Seed with her in episode 2