Puella Magi Homura Tamura
Puella Magi Homura Tamura ~Parallel Worlds Do Not Remain Parallel Forever~ (魔法少女ほむら☆たむら ～平行世界がいつも平行であるとは限らないのだ〜 Mahō Shōjo Homura☆Tamura ~Heikō Sekai ga Itsumo Heikōdearu to wa Kagiranai Noda~) is a manga spin-off by afro (あｆろ) originally serialized in Manga Time Kirara Magica starting from the first issue.
- Volume 1
- The life of a magical girl isn't all fighting witches and collecting grief seeds. When they aren't kicking butt, Homura Akemi and her friends face the same trials as normal high school girls! In this four-panel comedy, glimpse a sillier side of the girls from the bestselling Puella Magi Madoka Magica series!
- Volume 2
- In each new time flow she visits, Tamura — er, Homura — is introduced to a unique Madoka, Kyubey, Sayaka, and Kyoko... and a fresh headache. Traveling blindly through the temporal landscape, Tamura — er, Homura — encounters worlds ever more wildly different from the one where she first befriended Madoka Kaname. The more Madokas-behaving-oddly she sees, the more Tamura — er, Homura — longs to meet her dearest friend as she once knew her... if only to reassure herself she hasn't gone absolutely crazy!!
- Volume 3
- Tamura--er, Homura--returns once again to the time flows on her quest to save Madoka. From ancient Arthurian legends to high-tech space battles, from Kyubey Jail prison breaks to coming face-to-face with a practical-joker version of HERSELF, Tamura--er, Homura--will stop at nothing to save her friend! This universe-hopping adventure shows the sillier side of the hit series Puella Magi Madoka Magica!
A slice-of-life story focusing on the sillier aspects of the Madoka Magica timelines. It involves Homura travelling to many different timelines and getting stuck in ridiculous situations.
- Volume 1
- Episode 1: "SPACE CASE MADOKA" TIME FLOW
- Everyone seems a little off... Madoka is extremely forgetful and keeps misnaming Homura. Mami spaces out, thinking she left the oven on and gets taken out by Charlotte. Sayaka quickly turns into Oktavia and Kyoko is a food obsessed gremlin.
- Episode 2: "SOUL GEM X 300" TIME FLOW
- Homura winds up in a timeline where Magical Girls have Soul Gems as lives like a video game. Homura finds out she has 300 Soul Gems to find before she can leave her house. A strange looking Kyubey helps her but in the end it took her the whole month to find them all and Madoka has already become a witch.
- Episode 3: "KYOUKO AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY" TIME FLOW
- In this timeline Kyoko is a greedy creature that only loves chocolate. The beast invades a factory to try steal the delicacies from inside. Once done with one, she goes to the next.
- Episode 4: "LOOK-ALIKE" TIME FLOW
- Episode 5: "WHOLE LOTTA MAMI" TIME FLOW
- Homura arrives in a world where everyone wears their hair in curled bunches like Mami. She finds Madoka is about to be killed for wearing her hair wrong and saves her. Although ambushed by Kyoko and Sayaka - Mami's lackeys - she easily arrives at Mami's residence. The magical girl turns out to be ruling the world with her strength and making ridiculous rules centred around her. Homura defeats her by drinking more tea than her (by stopping time and giving it to Kyubey). The timeline ends up well with Homura being ruler with Madoka but her shield malfunctions and accidentally sends her back in time.
- Episode 6: "WHOLE LOTTA HOMURA" TIME FLOW
- Before arriving at her next timeline, Homura finds herself in a space between dimensions where every timelines Homura stays.
- Episode 7: "ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT" TIME FLOW
- Episode 8: "TECHNICAL SUPPORT" TIME FLOW
- Homura calls tech support to try and order a new shield. She receives items like an ultra powerful frying pan before receiving a new one that can talk.
- Episode 9: "TV" TIME FLOW
- A timeline where the story is being filmed with the five magical girls as actors.
- Episode 10: "HOMURA AND HER DOG" TIME FLOW
- Homura adopts a stray dog in this timeline and grows fond of it. She notices how its tail resembles Madoka's bunches. At the end she bids a sad goodbye to the dog but they end up going back in time with her anyway, much to the distress of the hospital staff.
- Volume 2
- Episode 11: "EVERYONE THINK LONG AND HARD ABOUT IT" TIME FLOW
- Episode 12: "METAL☆MADOKA" TIME FLOW
- Homura accidentally finds out about the secret society of the 'Nurses Office' where Madoka and Kyoko have turned Sayaka into a super fighting robot after she died. The robot - which resembles Oktavia - saves the city from a giant Gertrud but is quickly taken aback by a Charlotte robot piloted by the thought-to-be-dead Mami. It turns out she was too turned into a robot by Hitomi who is a powerful health rep just like Madoka
- Episode 13: "ALL KINDS OF HOMURA" TIME FLOW
- Episode 14: "ROOKIE HOMURA" TIME FLOW
- Episode 15: "THE MINK AND ANIMAL FRIENDS" TIME FLOW
- Homura finds herself in a story-book like timeline where she is barely involved. Sayaka and Kyoko turn into minks and start up a shop together. It turns out the story was narrated by Mami and written by Madoka
- Episode 16: "MAGICA☆RIDER" TIME FLOW
- A world where Magical Girls ride bikes and have to break certain speeds to defeat witches. Homura accidentally goes back in time because it scares her so much.
- Episode 17: "OKONOMIYAKI" TIME FLOW
- A strange timeline where Madoka brings Homura to a secret area where Kyoko and Sayaka are serving food in animal costumes. Homura eventually joins them in her own bear costume.
- Episode 18: "MAMI AND HOMU" TIME FLOW
- While travelling to a new timeline, Homura finds Mami in the space between dimensions. Mami begs her to stay as she's so bored and Homura realises she's a Mami she accidentally once bought back in time. Mami tells Homura how she has hundreds of duo jokes she wants to try out and the two become a comedy duo. Before Homura leaves she takes Mami with her, letting her set up a comedy house in the space between dimensions with the Homuras.
- Episode 19: "AKEMI MECHANICA" TIME FLOW
- A timeline with a small Homura called Akemi Mechanica. She has a dog and an AI based on Mami.
- Episode 20: "SPRING CLEANING" TIME FLOW
- Homura's new talking shield eats her and she arrives inside her own shield which is greatly messy. She cleans parts of it up leaving the things that relate to Madoka. Homura's past comes to haunt her as she finds Anthony that she'd stuffed into her shield once that have grown extremely strong by eating a Kyubey endlessly. She tries to defeat them with a Charlotte from her shield but they simply eat her. Homura escapes the shield unscathed but leaves the Kyubey there.
- Volume 3
- Episode 21: "RUINS OF A REALLY ANCHIENT CULTURE" TIME FLOW
- The magical girls traverse the world to find a glyph left by the great Magical Girl Merlin. They leave on an ancient space ship and Homura manages to back out of it by saving she'll protect the earth.
- Episode 22: "PRISON KYUBEY" TIME FLOW
- A world where the girls are in a prison led by Kyubey. All girls but Mami escape and Homura returns to save her but find she's been tempted by delicious food from the Kyubeys.
- Episode 23: "SPACE MITAKIHARA" TIME FLOW
- Homura arrives at the Space Mitakihara space station with the other magical girls. Their mission is to defeat Walpurgisnacht on earth with a Madoka robot but they fail terribly.
- Episode 24: "TAMURA AND PRACTICAL-JOKE-HOMURA" TIME FLOW
- Homura enters a new time flow with Practical-joke-Homura and the two continue to pull pranks on Mami but she grows so used to it she doesn't even react anymore.
- Episode 25: "BAR-HOMURA AND MURA" TIME FLOW PART 1
- Episode 26: "BAR-HOMURA AND MURA" TIME FLOW PART 2
- Episode 27: "THE NATION OF MITAKIHARA" TIME FLOW
- A world where Mitakihara spreads across the world. Homura tries to catch up with the events the other girls are partaking in but can never catch up. It turns out everyone else can teleport.
- Episode 28: "BOMBER MADOKA" TIME FLOW
- Homura returns to a timeline where she taught Madoka how to make bombs but it turns out she can't go anywhere without one exploding.
- Episode 29: "RAMPAGING SAYAKA VS. HOMURAS" TIME FLOW
- A rampaging Sayaka manages to enter the Homura space between dimensions. A mature Homura manages to soothe her with mink Kyoko and she instantly calms down. The Sayaka then sets up a shop in the space.
- Episode 30: "AKEMI-YA AND MADOKA" TIME FLOW
- A Madoka turns up at the space between dimensions and the Homura's treat her as well as they can. Protagonist Homura is suspicious and it turns out the Madoka is actually Ultimate Madoka. She explains to the Homuras that she's defeated all witches so they don't need to save her anymore. Protagonist Homura complains saying that she hasn't saved her Madoka yet and Ultimate Madoka lets her try a little longer before the Homuras return to their own timelines.
|Language||Publisher||Country||Release date||Volume 1||Volume 2||Volume 3|
|Japanese||Houbunsha||Japan||October 26, 2013,
May 27, 2015
|English||Yen Press||USA||August 18, 2015,
February 23, 2016
|Thai||Siam Inter Comics||Thailand||2015|
- 'Tamura' means 'gathering'. 'Puella Magi Homura Tamura' in full could thus be read as 'Gathering of Magical Girl Homura', 'Homura's Gathering of Magical Girls', 'Magical Girl Homura's Gathering(s)', or so on.
- Homura Tamura volume 2 is the shortest manga volume of the franchise, at 112 pages, whereas most other volumes are usually around 144 or 160 pages long
- Homura Tamura has the most chapters of any other manga in the franchise, as well as the most per single volume
- The original title was going to be 'Homura Homura Tamura', the same as the scientific classification 'Gorilla gorilla gorilla'
Kazuko Saotome in the "Look-alike" chapter