~~~~) at the end of your comment.
Speculation - Folklore Connections in Arc 2 Characters
- Yuna Kureha - Most obvious one, but an Oni.
- Himena Aika - Orihime from the Tanabata myth. She has a similar design to Orihime, like the hair bow, the ribbon, and the Japanese-style attire. Plus, she talks to a(n imaginary?) person, who could be her Hikoboshi.
- Shizuka Tokime - These next few characters have a bit more of shaky reasoning, but hear me out. Empress Jingu is an empress that boarders myth and reality, but she once owned the sword that Shizuka uses in battle, and is an onna-bugeisha, a female samurai basically (which I feel like connects to the concept of Tokime clan's women warriors/magical girls)
- Juri Oba - A dragon, but unsure if it's a specific dragon or not. Her design feels more like a Western dragon than an Eastern.
- Nayuta Satomi - A little harder, but either a Minotaur or a Kudan. A Kudan is typically a bull with a human head, but it can also be a kimono-wearing woman with a bull's head.
- Hikaru Kirari - Technically a literature (or play) character, but may be inspired by the nutcracker from "The Nutcracker and the Mouse King" or The Nutcracker
Unsure/TBD: Kagome Satori, Ao Kasane, Chiharu Hiroe, Sunao Toki, Shigure Miyabi, Hagumu Azumi, Rabi Himuro, Asahi Miura, Alexandra Kurisu, Ulala Yume, Mikage Yakumo, Sudachi Sawa, Yodzuru Sasame, and Livia Medeiros. --Prinpop (talk) 22:01, 28 August 2020 (UTC)
I could add them to the pages if they're necessary. Nice observations! However I don't think that the adjusters have folklore connections(except for their backstories?) boop Anon 01:01, 29 August 2020 (UTC)
JP doppel desc. for translation: この感情の主は己の中にある凶暴性に驚きつつも浅はかなドッペルに少々呆れ気味。 周りをよく見ていないこのドッペルは、目に入ったものを見て早合点するクセがあり 戦うべき時に小躍りし、楽しむべき時に憤慨することがある。 頑固でなかなか考えも変えてくれないが、状況と行動が一致した時の実力は凄まじく、変幻自在な刃は避けられず、どんな攻撃も蓮の花のロータス効果で弾かれる。その戦う様はまるで躍るように美しいと賞賛されている。 ちなみに主の事を滑稽な自分と似ている仲間だと思っているらしい。 Doppelboy (talk) 10:11, 12 June 2021 (UTC)
You can add them to the pages, but I think Yuna and Himena are the only ones I have more solid evidence for. As for the Adjusters, I think they may have some sort of mythological potential. I mean, Yodzuru's Doppel is inspired by Frau Gothel. --Prinpop (talk) 17:57, 29 August 2020 (UTC)