This discussion page is archived. Please do not edit.
Source ID'd with scan and translation at , #5. This section is now outdated and can be deleted. --randomanon 19:26, 21 June 2011 (UTC)
Unknown interview, as translated in these posts: >>45451122 >>45457658
At this point the opening looks like an amazing fraud (laughs). Transformation is not easy, but I wanted the viewer to feel the weight of "becoming a magical girl". After all, it's the story until they make that choice. The viewers may be confused, but luckily I think we can do it because we don't have to sell the merchandising.
If this were a project with typical sponsors, we'd get slapped around if we didn't make her transform in the first episode. (laughs) But since we're fortunately not stuck with that type of project this time, we're proceeding along the lines of "let's do everything we can get away with this time!
Oh, and what about Kyubee? I think he's the key character in this work......
Additional text from that interview which needs translating: http://green-oval.net/cgi-board.pl/a/thread/45448210#p45448210
Yil 16:51, 1 February 2011 (CST)
- From Megami 2011/03. --0x99 00:18, 2 February 2011 (CST)
- Added. --0x99 19:45, 2 March 2011 (UTC)
This page http://wiki.puella-magi.net/Megami_Magazine_2010-12 incorporates the interview. This section is now outdated and can be deleted. --randomanon 19:26, 21 June 2011 (UTC)
There's a translated Megami interview from around November 2010 which doesn't appear to be on the page, and doesn't include the Megami quote listed there.
Can't be certain that this link will stay alive, so maybe we should copy the whole thing to a new page linked from the main documents page and credit absolute.fanboi.us as the source. Yil 03:58, 29 January 2011 (CST)
Kitaeri's radio regarding Sayaka
Summary from 2ch
- In the studio, we're all referring to this project as "Sayaka★Magica."
- Things are going to move in a tragic direction, but there's a ray of light at the end of the tunnel.
- After Episode 3, we're gonna have a Nitroplus-like development in the story. There'll be a twist or two in the plot, and it'll get dark.
- She'll become a key person.
Should transcript/translate the relevant section. --0x99 00:37, 4 February 2011 (CST)
NT wordplay dump
This is incorporated in the glossary as spoiler text under "Witch" and can be deleted. --randomanon 19:26, 21 June 2011 (UTC)
=====Text in the scans=====
The large text that says "魔女" and "魔法少女" translate as "Witch, or Magical Girl," and is a bit of wordplay.
The kanji for magical girl is 魔法少女<br>
魔法 = way of magic / sorcery<br>
少女 = young girl<br>
The kanji for witch is 魔女<br>
魔 = evil/magic<br>
女 = woman<br>
Thus, 魔法少女, "magical girl," cannot be written without including the characters 魔女, "witch".
I feel this don't provide any new information, just explaining wordplay (which I guess should be on the trivia page?) So move here for the time being. --0x99 02:40, 10 February 2011 (CST)
- Given Kyuubey's last line in Episode 8, my opinion is that this should probably be moved back into this page. Oatmeal 03:32, 25 February 2011 (UCT)
- I believe it's better explained in Glossary page, since these two words are used throughout the series, not just in this scan. --0x99 18:55, 2 March 2011 (UTC)
This translation and scan is now incorporated into  and can be deleted. --randomanon 19:26, 21 June 2011 (UTC)
Questionnaire from unknown magazine
Found this posted on /a/, with the translation:
>Tomoe Mami: Mizuhashi Kaori
>I was drawn to the role since I've rarely been able to play a part like this before. I was allowed to choose which role I could audition for and really wanted to try her out so I'm glad I challenged myself this time around. And then when I heard the story setting ||I really wanted to play this role||, so I'm happy I got it.
Oatmeal 18:29, 20 February 2011 (CST)
- It was Megami Magazine, same issue as what's already in the pre-broadcast section. The questionnaire itself is pretty interesting, someone might want to do a full translation. (If no one did, I'll do it later.) --0x99 18:48, 20 February 2011 (CST)
Another unknown interview =
an interview on magazine:
Q: I thought QB is killed, but then it resuurect.
Urobochi: If QB suffers severe damage, a new body will be automatically produced. And then, the magical girl who done this will be seriously punished by tainting her soul gem.
Of course, QB will never tell them the truth.
By the way, the reason that QB consume his former corpse is because he wants to destroy the evidences of something should'nt supposed to exist in this world
--188.8.131.52 09:17, 26 February 2011
- Not in both NyanType and Megami. Fake. (To clarify: only two anime magazines went on sale around that date.) --0x99 18:52, 2 March 2011 (UTC)
Magazine images and text
http://2cat.twbbs.org/~tedc21thc/new/pixmicat.php?res=4903 more magazine photos (link is dead)
Traced back and the first translation from that anon was accurate and verified Megami April, 2011. Then based on the anon saying these are also translations from the same source, I think they're reliable. Translations are now part of  and this section can be deleted --randomanon 22:34, 21 June 2011 (UTC)
This got posted in >>46512159
It's not clear whether it's a troll or part of a Megami interview. Seems worth investigating by someone who can actually read it.
QB does not lie, which refers to the very begining in Ep1: "She can't sustain such heavy pressure"
Without Madoka as her partner, Homura is alone. And weak.
This is because fighting is basically MG's job, a cat sure can't so much thing.
Googling for the same lines in other places turned up a post in a .tw forum:
--KM 16:36, 28 February 2011 (UTC)
- No mention of Black Cat in both Megami and NyanType. --0x99 18:58, 2 March 2011 (UTC)
Source ID'd and linked scans and translations incorporated . This section can now be deleted.
This just popped up on mangajet.com as to why episode 11 may have been delayed into mid-April.
It has to do with Urobuchi asking Megami Magazine to replace an article on Madoka. Maybe someone here can make use/make sense of it.
--184.108.40.206 16:14, 31 March 2011 (UTC)
- I'm not good with google translate-language, but as a general piece of advice, don't forget which day it is (it's already April 1st in some parts of the world, including Japan). All articles getting released today are pretty suspicious... --Homerun-chan 20:10, 31 March 2011 (UTC)
- Aha. Fair enough warning. Didn't think about that. But it's dated the 31st and I'm in Tokyo and its already April 1st here. I guess we'll see. But yeah anything posted in this 48 hour timeframe is suspect I suppose.
- -- 220.127.116.11 00:32, 1 April 2011 (UTC)
- Copypasta of translation is thus:
- "Reading the explanation, we can know that it was difficult to broadcast the new episode shortly after the earth quake.
- ※The explanation
- A witch who has strong power. It is perceived as a calamity. Homura proposes to fight against the witch with Kyoko"
- And some 2-chan exposition- "Calamity…To all appearances, that broken city is an appearance after big earth quakes. Because the expression overlaps that real earth quakes “Madoka Magica” can’t broadcast the new episode."
From an interview, not sure which image each line belongs with.
<< Saito Chiwa (CV: Akemi Homura): >>
"Finally, there's only Madoka and Homura. Ep10 is definitely going to be AWESOME, which will makes you scream 'Oh you Urobuchi-san'"
Also from producer:
"I believe our audience will be HAPPY about ending"
Another paragraph in this magazine said: "QB may seems a merciless, evil creature; but it intends to save this universe."
--KM 18:31, 8 March 2011