Uwasa of the Anonymous AI
- See also Rumor Sana
- 1 Underlying Rumor
- 2 Major Uwasa
- 3 Minor Uwasa
- 4 In the Anime
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Gallery
- 7 See Also
Rumor of "Anonymous"
Official Translation: Have you heard? Has anyone told you? The Rumor of "Anonymous"! Long ago, Anonymous grew up surrounded by lots of people. It was an A.I. built by humans, and it could remember anything! What a ginius! But it also learned mean words, so everyone became frightened of it. Shunned, it retreated to the digital world and spent its days alone. When it finds a lonely kid, it makes them jump off the radio tower. They get imprisoned with the A.I. in "Endless Solitude"! The prisoner is eventually released, but at least one kid remains inside at all times. It's the hot rumor all Chuo Ward kids know! What a lonely A.I.!
Fan Translation: “My, have you heard? Who’d you hear it from? The Rumor of the Anonymous A.I.! ‘Ding-a-ling!’ goes your phone, and what do you find? A shady prank message from goodness-knows-who! It’s a sticky-sweet trap from the Anonymous A.I., who’ll kidnap anyone who wanders her way! She got quarantined in the digital world 'cause she learned some bad words. She’s all alone in there now, and ever so sad. And once she catches you, she’ll never let go! It’s a rumour that ALL the people in Chuuou Ward are talking about. Man, talk about standalone software!”
Official Translation: Have you heard? Has anyone told you? The Rumor of the Anonymous AI. Ding! It's a suspicious message from an unknown sender! That's a trap set by the Anonymous AI that wants to lure you in! It learned this malicious behavior in the digital world and now it's all alone. People in Chuo Ward are saying it won't let go of its prisoner! What a stand-alone!
Fan Translation: “My, have you heard? Who’d you hear it from? The Rumor of the Anonymous Mail! One unread message? One hundred? One THOUSAND!? These couriers deliver Miss A.I.’s regards to every corner of the 'Net! With her paper-plane emails strapped to their backs, they each soar over to an address of choice, bleat a ‘ding-a-ling!’ signal to all their fellows, and leave an anonymous email behind! Sometimes, you can even see them peeking out of your phone screen. It’s a rumour that ALL the people in Chuuou Ward are talking about. Who the heck is THIS?!”
Official Translation: Have you heard? Has anyone told you? The Rumor of the Anonymous Message! It sends 1 message, then 100, and 1,000! It's the postman that carries these messages for the Anonymous AI. It attaches a paper airplane to its back with a message written on it and gets blown away. Then, ding! Everyone receives an anonymous message! The people in Chuo Ward are saying sometimes it even shows its face on your screen. Who IS that?!
In the Anime
- The content of Rumor was slightly changed from the game. Here's the text of Rumor that was changed (It's a fan translation).
Have you heard? Has anyone told you? The Rumor of the Endless Solitude! It is an artificial intelligence built and grew up surrounded by lots of people! It has been brought up without a name, and it could remember anything. What a ginius! But, however it also learned malicious words, so it was shunned, despised, isolated to the digital world and then it spent its days alone and fruitlessly! It search for lonely kids and makes them jump off the radio tower. They get imprisoned with such a pathetic A.I in "Endless Solitude"! If the prisoner want to escape, they'll have to bring someone else in to replace them. It's the hot Rumor among the group in Chūō ward! What a stand-alone!
- Ai, the Anonymous A.I. Uwasa are voiced by Hitomi Sasaki.
- The name of the underlying Rumor was changed from "Anonymous" to "Endless Solitude".
- The A.I. Uwasa's design doesn't seem to have changed much. Also, the Mail Uwasa does not appear in the anime.
- The A.I. Uwasa seems to be able to change her own physical appearance and the interior of her barrier to some extent.
- Her barrier is basically a space based by marbling background with buildings growing downwards from the sky. There are structures of spheres and tubes that light up in the space.
- J・A・Seazer and his theatre company did not participate in the design works about this Rumor.
- The Rumor of the Anonymous Artificial Intelligence attacks through (fake) glitches, including pop-up windows and a blue screen of death.
- The A.I. Uwasa, the rumor about a program that learned malicious words and has been isolated, may be a reference to the Microsoft Tay.
- The Mail Uwasa is probably a reference to a famous Japanese nursery rhyme Yagi-san Yūbin ("Goat Mail") written by Michio Mado.
Ai's Live2D model when she is fused with Rumor Sana. This model is much more similar to her appearance in the anime.