Uwasa of the Misery Rhyton
- 1 Underlying Rumor
- 2 Major Uwasa
- 3 Minor Uwasa
- 4 In the Anime
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Gallery
- 7 See Also
Rumor of the Misery Water
Official Translation: Have you heard? Has anyone told you? The Rumor of the Misery Water! There's a cooler box resting in the basket of an old-fashioned bicycle… Ask the man, "One cup please!" and get ready to drink up… Finish it off and you'll feel amazing! But oh no, that feeling is an illusion… The water you drank is actually cursed! After 24 hours, the misery you washed away with that water will cause a disaster. A hot rumor spreading throughout Sankyo! How horrible!
Fan Translation: "My, have you heard? Who’d you hear it from? The Rumor of the Misery Rhyton! Sankyoin Educational Academy, gifted in both studies and sports! Why, you ask, do so many students ace their college entry exams? The answer: a HUGE drinking horn lurking deep underground! It sucks up all those college hopefuls’ bad luck– no accidents, stomachaches, or even sweaty palms! But don’t look now, ‘cause the cup runneth over! With the bad luck all sloshing and spilling over the side, the drinking horn decided to share it around! It’s a rumor that ALL the students in Sankyou Ward are talking about. Ohmygod! What a DISASTER!"
Official Translation: Have you heard? Has anyone told you? The Rumor of the Misery Rython. Students from Sankyoin Academy are known for excelling in sports and studies. The secret lies in a large cup hidden underground! You can pour in any kind of misery, like accidents, stress, or even stomachaches! But beware, the cup is already full! The students in Sankyo Ward are saying the misery has started to overflow, so the cup decided to give back all that misery! What a disaster!"
Fan Translation: "My, have you heard? Who’d you hear it from? The Rumor of the Misery Owls! When you’re all tired out and your throat’s desert-dry, voila! What’s this? An oh-so-appreciated free water stand! But it could stand to have some free warning signs. It’s just a Misery Owl illusion, doling out bad luck to all passersby! And these owls even offer perfect follow-up care: a countdown to misfortune with an unfading, feathered smile! It’s a rumour that ALL the students in Sankyou Ward are talking about. Buzz off! What a PAIN!!"
Official Translation: Have you heard? Has anyone told you? The Rumor of the Misery Owl. When you're tired and thirsty, a water station appears right in front of you! But beware! It's an illusion created by the Misery Owl that wants to make everyone absolutely miserable! But the students in Sankyo Ward are saying it also offers follow-up alerts! The Misery Owl is happy to let you know how much time you have left until calamity strikes! What a convenient service!
In the Anime
- The content of Rumor wad changed from the game. Here's the text of Rumor that was changed (It's a fan translation)
Have you heard? Has anyone told you? The Rumor of the Lucky Owl Water! It's a delicious famous water that brings good luck. Once you have drunk it, you'll be instantly happy! All of your resentments and frustrations will go away! But, however, beware! If you've used up your twenty-four good fortunes, then misfortunes say "hello" and comes all at once! If you want to refuse it, you have no choice but to keep drinking the Lucky Water! It's a hot Rumor at the horse betting counter in Kōshō ward! How HORRIBLE!
- The name of the underlying Rumor was changed from the Misery Water to the Lucky Owl Water.
- In the anime, the location where the Rhyton Uwasa exists was changed from Sankyō ward to Kōshō ward. However, the entrance to the underground water system where its location is appears to be located in Hokuyō ward.
- Unlike the Rumor in the game, the Rumor in the anime forces the victims to become dependent on the Lucky Water. The Wings of Magius seem to be using this to gain more members.
- Also, unlike in the game, the victims themselves aren't informed of how many of the 24 good fortunes are left.
- In the game, water distribution was only done by a middle-aged man who rode a bicycle and did mobile catering, but in the anime, many humanoid performers work together to distribute water. While waiters wearing picture frames are distributing the water, humanoids such as masked men, accordion players and other street performers seem to be advertising the water. Those street performances look like a circus, or even a freak show.
- The Rhyton Uwasa and the Owl Uwasa were redesigned.
- The Uwasa's Barrier seems to use a hall in the underground aqueduct. The difference between its barrier and normal space is not very clear, except for some objects originated from the Rumor.
- In that underground aqueduct, there seems to be an opposite gravity acting on the water. It falls when the Uwasa is collapsed.
- The sound effect of the barrier collapsing sounds different from that of the Witches.
- Due to an error, the drinking horn rumor's name was originally displayed in Runes that read "BOSSBATTLE BATTLEBOSS" (BOSSBATTLE BATTLEBOSS). This is presumably the default value for boss names in Magia Record. You can see it here.
- The Rhyton is a type of ancient drinking cup with an animal head-shaped decoration. Often, the Rhyton has a hole in the decorative part of the animal's head at the bottom of the cup that acts as a spout.
- The deliverers of the Lucky Water in the anime could be considered Yashi, the Japanese demonstration product salespersons accompanied by street performance.
- At the time of the episode 7 aired, a promote event was held in Japan to hand out mineral water that were modeled after Lucky Owl Water. See the page of Episode 7.