I just wonder - the word "Incubator" is all over this page - shouldn't we tag the entire article as spoiling ep8 of the anime because of that? --KFYatek 22:20, 10 May 2011 (UTC)
- I think any page related to Kazumi and Oriko ought to be spoiler-tagged. Only dead fish go with the flow. 22:45, 10 May 2011 (UTC)
- I guess. I'm just wondering how a spoiler right at the top would look here. --BrickBreak 22:53, 10 May 2011 (UTC)
The name discussion again
I may be wrong, but if I remember correctly, Kyuubey was the correct translation, we only use Kyubey because it was what they used on official stuff, right?
If that is the case, should we use Juubey until we get Word Of God, or assumer, like we are now, that they'll follow the same path? --BrickBreak 11:29, 11 May 2011 (UTC)
- Well, there are a few approaches we can take into account when choosing the spelling for his name:
- Official information
- The spelling "Kyubey" appears in an official commercial, and that's one of the reasons we chose it for our site. However, I don't think will get an official spelling of Ju(u)bey's name anytime soon. I think Kazumi won't get licensed for a few years, if ever. So unless we go and ask Tensugi ourselves, we can't rely on this approach.
- "Kyubey" is also the most common Latin spelling of キュゥべえ, being used by most fansubbers (among the English subbing groups, everyone save Chihiro spells his name like that AFAIR) and scanlators, and giving most hits in Google. For Ju(u)bey, the most common spelling would be "Juubey" indeed - there are over 10 times more hits for "juubey kazumi" than for "jubey kazumi", and /a/non&Shini-tan's scanlations use "Jubey" (even though they spell キュゥべえ as "Kyubey"). Wikipedia has "Jubey", but they copied that from us, so it doesn't really count (but shows that we actually have the power to create the establishment ourselves) ;)
- Madoka's Incubator is called キュゥべえ, Kazumi's one is called ジュゥべえ. The only difference is substituting 「キュ」 ("kyu") for 「ジュ」 ("ju"), hence we get "Jubey".
- On the other hand, Japanese long vowels are generally spelled as they are written in kana on this wiki - we've got "Kyouko", "Kyousuke Kamijou" and "Yuuri" (but "Shinbo"...). Going by this logic, we should also have "Kyuubee" and "Juubee" (or "Kyuubey" and "Juubey", if we keep the well established "bey" part). However, both Kyubey's and Ju(u)bey's names are spelled with a small katakana 「ゥ」, which is not normally used this way in Japanese, so there are no real rules regarding its romanization.
- So I'd say that for now, the choice between "Juubey" and "Jubey" is the choice between establishment and consistency, respectively. I don't really have an opinion on whether is more important, though. --KFYatek 14:09, 11 May 2011 (UTC)
Kyubey and Jubey
Makes you wonder what is the purpose of Jubey's existence. It seems like they are working together (or competing with each other to see who gets more energy?), and makes you wonder if there is another motive behind Kyubey's granting Yuuri's wish. --Mutopis 22:01, 25 May 2011 (UTC)
Response to The Puella Magi System: Rejection
I get the feeling once we get more information about it and how it works, it would become a small article. Should we talk about the "Rejection" plan in Jubey's page or should it be a separate page once we get the whole information? --Mutopis 21:08, 10 November 2011 (UTC)
- Considering that it's entirely possible Jubey has an ulterior motive, we shouldn't decide anything yet. Personally, I think this is something that just goes in the History section of Jubey's and the Pleiades Saints' sections...and right now I'm too lazy to do that myself. --Universalperson 21:20, 10 November 2011 (UTC)
Wanted to talk with Jubey
- I am really curious about this single consciousness that is connected with Kyubey and why it wanted to talk with Juubey. Maybe it felt "lonely" but that sounds like an emotion. --Mutopis 04:39, 18 October 2012 (UTC)