Talk:Madoka Magica Products
Is this legit? DVD Puella Magi Madoka Magica Vol 1-12 + CD + Tin Box --126.96.36.199 02:53, 26 April 2011 (UTC)
- No. Prima 03:06, 26 April 2011 (UTC)
- Oh sh... That's probably the only advantage of hardsubbed fansubs - groups could put random "this is a free fansub, not for sale" messages here and there, and it was much harder for such bastards to operate. :/ --KFYatek 10:20, 26 April 2011 (UTC)
Is the Products page only intended for books, CDs, and DVDs, or will items such as tapestries, shirts, figurines, and cellphone straps be included? -188.8.131.52 13:36, 10 February 2011 (CST)
- I think those should belongs to Merchandises. This page should contains only contents products, e.g. CDs, DVDs, Manga. --0x99 14:52, 10 February 2011 (CST)
- 1 Scans/Updated Translations from NA Blu-Ray Discs?
- 2 release delays
- 3 Limited edition drawings/phone cards...? (Translations courtesy of Momoism)
- 4 4koma manga
- 5 Other Books
- 6 PSP Game
- 7 Kazumi Vol 2
- 8 Ep 12 Director's Cut
- 9 Puella Magi☆Madoka Magica The Beginning Story
- 10 Madoka TCG and other merchandise things
- 11 Madoka fans' purchasing power is truly terrifying to behold
- 12 Thoughts on how to manage the page....
Scans/Updated Translations from NA Blu-Ray Discs?
No doubt we'll be seeing at least a few impressions of the recently released BD box set, including photos, scans, and unboxing videos. Now, my BD has already arrived, and of course, not all the contents are 1:1 with the Japanese release. This holds true for the booklet, which, while comprised of the first two original BDs' booklets', also includes four pages of Gekidan Inu Curry Art (some of which i believe hasn't been scanned onto the wiki just yet) and new official translations of the interviews and 4koma. I've already noticed a significant enough difference in the translation of one of the 4koma panels, and I'm sure there's plenty of little/not-so-little differences between the fan translations and official translations.
Now the questions at hand have to do with what's going to be done with them. Do we leave the coverage of the American BDs un-elaborated-upon? Do we type out the official translations and put them beneath/above the fan translations by the likes of symbv? Do we simply scan the english interviews in, along with the Gekidan Inu Curry art and other release-specific assets in? The latter admittedly doesn't feel all that right-- I'm sure that Aniplex USA is aware of this wiki to some extent, and something tells me that they wouldn't like to see perfect scans of their LE translations on a fan site without following up with a cease-and-desist (or something along those lines). Typing out translations could be a "safer" option... not only would it be probably be of lesser profile, but we could all still discuss the differences in translation among the releases. Animerican-Redeemed 22:05, 10 February 2012 (UTC)
http://www.madoka-magica.com/news/index.html#n215732 発売延期となっておりましたBlu-ray/DVD第1巻の発売日が決定しました。 また、第1巻の発売延期に伴い、第2巻～第5巻の発売も変更させていただくこ とになりました。 発売を楽しみにして頂いております皆様には、大変申し訳ございません。 何卒ご理解賜りたくお願い申し上げると共に、心よりお詫び申し上げます。
>The sale date for Blu-ray/DVD Vol.1 which was previously postponed has now been decided. Additionally, due to the postponement of Vol.1 the sale dates for Vol.2~Vol.5 have been changed. We sincerely apologise to everyone who has been looking forward to the DVDs. We are grateful for your understanding and apologise from our hearts.
>Sale date details are below.
- >Vol.1: March 30 → April 27
- >Vol.2: April 27 → May 25
- >Vol.3: May 25 → June 22
- >Vol.4: June 22 → July 27
- >Vol.5: July 27 → August 24
Limited edition drawings/phone cards...? (Translations courtesy of Momoism)
法人特典情報 (Google Translate: "Corporate Benefit Information")
http://www.madoka-magica.com/bddvd/img/toku_animate.jpg (picture shown: Homura & Madoka on the grass together)
全巻購入特典 ・・・ 描き下ろし全巻収納BOX: (Box illustration [?] for Animate)
http://www.madoka-magica.com/bddvd/img/toku_toranoana.jpg (picture shown: Homura and Madoka finishing up in changing room)
全巻購入特典 ・・・ 描き下ろし特大タペストリー (Tapestry for Toranoana)
http://www.madoka-magica.com/bddvd/img/toku_gemers.jpg (picture shown: Homura builds a much more awesome sand castle than Madoka...)
全巻購入特典 ・・・ 描き下ろし全巻収納BOX 各巻予約特典・・・ 場面写ブロマイド（各巻1枚 計6枚＋全巻予約1枚） ("Bromide," or high-quality collector "photograph," for Gamers)
http://www.madoka-magica.com/bddvd/img/toku_sofmap.jpg (picture shown: Homura plays piano for Madoka)
全巻購入特典 ・・・ 描き下ろしテレホンカード (Phonecard for Sofmap)
http://www.madoka-magica.com/bddvd/img/toku_hmv.jpg (picture shown: Madoka in black school uniform with pink collar)
第1巻購入特典 ・・・ 描き下ろしB2ポスター (B2 poster for HMV) Animerican-Redeemed 09:17, 19 April 2011 (UTC)
- They're connected to certain stores: the first one is for Animate, the second for Toranoana, the third for Gamers, the fourth for Sofmap, and the fifth for HMV (Madoka even appears to be wearing an HMV uniform!). My guess is that they're either pre-order bonuses or are included with the box sets sold at the respective stores. Each bonus is different -- for example, one is a phonecard, another is a poster, and another is a box. There are purchase benefits listed for three other companies, too: a telephone card for Getchu, badges/pins for Lammtarra, and a 460x700 mm pillow for Chara-Ani. Momoism 06:22, 19 April 2011 (UTC)
- Ah, I see. Since it's official art and all, is this sort of artwork supposed to eventually be released online at a good, cleaned-up resolution? Would be nice to see them up-close without a "SAMPLE" watermark... Animerican-Redeemed 09:17, 19 April 2011 (UTC)
- I don't think they're "supposed" to be released online (merchandise never is), but it's possible that some kind fans in Japan will scan in their phone cards/posters/bromides at a good resolution and share them with the fandom at large. The Toranoana tapestry and Chara-Ani pillow are up in the air, since they're obviously not very scannable. (Note that there's also a chance of Aniplex releasing an artbook for the series, which would likely contain all of the promotional images alongside concept art, new artwork, etc.) Momoism 11:55, 19 April 2011 (UTC)
Translations for the 4koma manga
I may have gotten some of the nuances wrong, I've only been studying Japanese for a year and a half. Corrections appreciated
Comic 1: Completely prepared everyday
Panel 1: Kyuubey: Mami, you baked another cake today? Mami: Yes
Panel 2: Mami: Someday, if happen to make a friend, I'd like to treat her properly (treating to food) Kyuubey: ...
Page 3: Several days later
Kyuubey: Mami! I found two girls I have a good feeling about. I'll go invite them
Page 4: Mami: Th.. then can you make it so I happen to pass by and meet them? Mami: Please!!
Comic 2: Teens
Panel 1: Kyuubey: Help me... help me Madoka...
Panel 2: curious looks Kyuubey: Help me... help me!!
Panel 3: Madoka: ... Sayaka! I can hear a voice inside my head!
Madoka: It's saying "help me"
Panel 4: Sayaka: What's that, that's super cool! That's awesome! That's really awesome!
Madoka: Really? It's cool? (キャラ立てる, means character standing out）
Madoka: No way!
Kyuubey: Help me... help me...
icyhandofcrap 184.108.40.206 06:35, 28 April 2011 (UTC)
I've added the official guide book to the main page, since it can be ordered normally. There is another book with 64 pages of rough sketches, 魔法少女まどか☆マギカ・設定資料集:
(and perhaps a few other shops)
Sample pages: http://journal.mycom.co.jp/news/2011/06/21/003/index.html -- 220.127.116.11 19:51, 20 June 2011 (UTC)
- Not sure if 64-pages rough sketch should be listed here or Merchandise, as it's more of MOVIC-licensed goods than official one (MOVIC release this for every show they involved with). --0x99 20:08, 20 June 2011 (UTC)
When the production design comes out next week, do we know of anyone who is going to scan it? --SPDUDE48 23:06, 25 June 2011 (UTC)
Good news, but could someone provide us a source? Not that I don't trust the contributor, but I think information on this page should have a reference. --Homerun-chan 11:14, 9 August 2011 (UTC)
- There is this Japanese link and the Crunchyroll announcement. --Mutopis 11:50, 9 August 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks. Didn't find anything on ANN this morning (and I don't have much time to lurk as of late), but it seems like the article got published there just 2 hours ago. --Homerun-chan 17:15, 9 August 2011 (UTC)
Kazumi Vol 2
- The description of the new volume has been released. From the various machine translations I put it through, it looks like it will cover Chapter 4-7 at the very least (it mentions Yuuri and Ayase) and possibly 8. Also I've seen variations of the world "circle of fate". Hmmm...
Ep 12 Director's Cut
Is that still happening, or was that just a mistake by the retailers?--Universalperson 21:49, 25 August 2011 (UTC)
Puella Magi☆Madoka Magica The Beginning Story
"The complete disclosure of all scenarios of Puella Magi Madoka Magica by Gen Urobuchi, including the Draft 0 that started the whole story."
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica The Beginning Story
Madoka Magica the beginning story will be a 244 page novel published by Kadokawa.
Release date: 11/25 --Mutopis 03:15, 9 October 2011 (UTC)
Madoka TCG and other merchandise things
- Weiss Schwartz game
- Madoka themed cakes
- Madoka Lawson figurines selling fast news notice, campaign page
- Kazumi Magi Third volume and second Madoka comic anthology notice
- Madoka live event
- Madoka cars
I have no idea where to put these though so just putting it here so someone more experienced than me can add them in proper spots. Honeykiss 10:46, 11 February 2012 (UTC)
Madoka fans' purchasing power is truly terrifying to behold
Thoughts on how to manage the page....
This is supposed to be the Products page, right? Would it be a bad idea to list all of the products that came from different regions like the US and Italy, with their region exclusive sets and everything? I sort of already made a contribution to that already with the the movie section without asking first... and if no one likes the idea they are free to undo my edit. This was just an idea to have even more information on all of the products sold, and not just the ones in Japan. --Lord Fawful 01:02, 13 April 2015 (UTC)
- We do have a Licensing in USA page. I'm not sure if we should keep US stuff there or not.--Universalperson 03:36, 13 April 2015 (UTC)
- I think we should keep region specific releases grouped together on their licensing page. They're easier to manage that way and there's no confusion as to where each product was released. --Knon 12:03, 13 April 2015 (UTC)
- Welp.... Sorry, I didn't know the full details were already available to view on the licensing pages. >_< I thought that this would help reduce the confusion around which products were released, and where. And having everything jumbled together on one page could be a bit too messy. I should do my research before I do anything on this site. I'm new to editing this wiki, so expect me to make some stupid decisions. I am going to leave a note saying that you can see the region specific products on their respective licensing pages. Forget that I said anyting in the first place. o.o --Lord Fawful 00:20, 14 April 2015 (UTC)
- No problem. Thanks for all your contributions!--Universalperson 01:21, 14 April 2015 (UTC)