|Voiced by||Japanese: Sayumi Suzushiro|
|Release Date (JP):||July 24, 2023|
Amaryllis is a character in the 2017 mobile game Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story: Magia Record. She is a time traveler who traveled a few years to the past. Her true identity is Junia (ユニア), a Daughter of a wealthy family in Pompeii, Ancient Rome, and twin sister of Cornelia.
|Soul Gem||Round purple gem on bracelet (right wrist)|
|Weapon||Giant 6-sided dice|
|Powers and Abilities||Metamorphosis (can turn into another people, others ignore inconsistencies on her impersonations)|
|Wish||“I wish to reborn as an different person in the Past.”|
|Japanese pronoun||Watashi (わたし)|
|Known relatives||Cornelia (twin sister), unnamed father|
|Origins||Pompeii, Italia, Roman Empire|
|Spirit Enhancement Data|
An ancient Roman magical girl who serves as a maid of honor to a prominent family in Pompeii. After experiencing the tragedy of a natural disaster that destroyed the town, she was reborn three years into the past. She is scrambling in the midst of the "Peace of Rome" to change history and save the people from the coming scourge. She secretly loves board games.
The Doppel of prophecy. Its form is a scale. By viewing her scale-shaped Doppel, the master of this emotion is able to see people’s futures. In order to guarantee that its prophecies are objective, this Doppel is mainly composed of inorganic materials. One of its plates is engraved with a symbol meaning “hope,” and the other with a symbol meaning “despair”. The plates hold the respective weights of the lives that can be saved versus the lives that cannot, but since nobody other than its master can see them, few people listen to its master’s prophecies. Such is the curse bestowed upon the one who prayed to “save everyone,” but killed her own maidenly heart in exchange.
Powers and Abilities
This page or section is a stub, and needs expansion. You can help Puella Magi Wiki by expanding it.
- An Amaryllis is a small genus of flowering bulbs with two species, the better known of which is Amaryllis belladonna.
- In the Victorian language of flowers, amaryllis means "love, beauty, and determination", and can also represent hope and achievement.
- She is the only Puella Historia girl to have the Void element.
- She is the earliest-known Void-element Magical Girl, preceding Livia Medeiros.
- Rather than the conventional pips (dots) typically used on dice, the numbers on Amaryllis' dice are represented with Roman numerals (appropriate for her current era and location).
- All parts of the Amaryllis belladonna plant are toxic and contain several different alkaloids, such as lycorine, pancracine and amaryllidine. This can cause vomiting and diarrhea in humans. In wildlife these toxins will affect grazing species, and will cause drooling, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal distress, lethargy, and heart or renal failure.
- The multitude of toxic effects the plant causes ties in to the numerous status effects Amaryllis's magia causes.
- A notable flower in the Amaryllis family is the Spider Lily. Homura Akemi is heavily associated with spider lilies throughout Rebellion, especially in her witch form. This draws a parallel between Homura, the most notable time traveller in the series, and Amaryllis, the time traveller furthest back chronologically. Both of them have purple eyes and a purple Soul Gem, and both of them have the intention to save people from a disastrous fate by traveling back in time.
- In Greek mythology, Cassandra was the name of a priestess who was fated to utter true prophecies but would never be believed by anyone. The name has become synonymous with someone who tells the truth but goes unheard.
- Her transformation uses an altered version of 'Sis Puella Magica!'.
- The board game that she is playing with Cornelia in one of her Memorias appears to be ludus duodecim scriptorum, a predecessor of backgammon.
- When using changing costumes on the homescreen, Amaryllis can take the form of Junia, giving her new voice lines. This is possible because of her wish.
- Junia's house most closely resembles the House of Menander.
- Her magia is also written as "Alea iacta est". The proper translation for the Latin is "The die is cast" and is used as an expression for something that has passed the point of no return.
- In the game's Japanese, this is translated as "Rubicon's Final Decision". The phrase "crossing the Rubicon" is an idiom that means "passing a point of no return". Its meaning comes from allusion to the crossing of the river Rubicon by Julius Caesar in early January 49 BC
Junia, Amaryllis's original form prior to making her wish
To edit a memoria's details, click on the specific memoria
|Card||Effect||Cooldown||EN Text||JP Text|
|**Unique to Amaryllis**|
When I pick it up and look at it
The dazzling memories, and the heart-throbbing thoughts overflow endlessly. The happiest memories, the most painful memoriesBecause it's the bracelet that we've seen together.
|Don't let it show that you're upset if you get dealt an unexpected hand.
Lose yourself in the game and don't show your disturbed feelings. Elegant and intellectual, the style of the maiden on the board."Ah, but... my luck with the dice is so bad...!"
|"Go Lord Hilarus!
Teeheehee, I'm going to run solo and win the championship!" The left-handed red charioteer appeared like a comet in the amphitheater, causing the crowd to go crazy!The chariot of the invincible champion is quickly being pulled away by the desperate galloping of the enemy.
|When the clouds of death cover the sky as if to dye hope black,
The shadow of the ship appeared, carrying the courage of the fearless. "That ship... the Roman Navy!""You're right! A fleet under the command of Plinius!"
恐れを知らぬ勇気を乗せて、その艦影は現れた 「あの船…ローマ海軍!」「はい! プリニウス様旗下の艦隊です!」
|The prophecy of the girl who rejected God's love will never reach the people.
The tragedy of the Trojan princess will be repeated... Even if it is an inevitable fate, even if it means throwing away her own existence,The world she wanted to protect was there
|Childhood feelings and love that continued to dream of a future that would come true.
What was beyond the point of fulfillment was an immeasurable sorrow. Time is reflected in the eyes of the girl who killed her heart, as if it were the rest of her life.With the memories of the world she looked after in her heart, she swore to the peace of Rome in her heart.
|Magical girls who try to resist their fate end up in sorrow.
The witch breeds sadness and paints over the history that has seeped into it. Breaking the chain of sorrow is the legend that connects hope to the future.When the despair engraved in history is connected to the present, hope is carried to the future.
|Card||Effect||Cooldown||EN Text||JP Text|
- Recording of Amaryllis's Transformation Video on Youtube (JP)
- Recording of Amaryllis's Magia Video on Youtube (JP)
- Recording of Amaryllis's Doppel Video on Youtube (JP)