Riz Hawkwood (リズ・ホークウッド Rizu Hōkuuddo) is one of the main characters in Puella Magi Tart Magica: The Legend of "Jeanne d'Arc". She is one of Tart's companions and close friends.
- Eye colour: Yellow
- Hair colour: Black
- Soul gem: A yellow rectangle on her right sleeve.
- Weapon: Daggers that can change into spears, swords, whips, and scythes
- Wish: To be the one from whom a new, true hero would spring.
- Witch form: Obscurite (spinoff-exclusive)
- Japanese pronoun: watashi (私)
- Known relatives: John Hawkwood (grandfather), Donnina Visconti (grandmother), Bernabó Visconti (great-grandfather).
Riz in Magia Record
Riz has the ability to use shadows as portals. During combat, Riz uses this power to teleport herself and others around the battlefield, send attacks through shadows to hit targets at a distance, and transport nearby objects/people into a temporary pocket-reality.
Riz's weapons also have the ability to change form into many different types of blades as well, allowing her to have a varied armory which actually works out in her favour as she can deal with enemies in a variety of ways.
Riz's ultimate ability is the "Gates of Hell". She summons two enormous doors, which open up and drag both her opponents and herself inside before vanishing.
- Riz briefly uses the name "Riz Visconti" (リズ・ヴィスコンティ Rizu Visukonti) in volume 1, possibly to disguise her name or origin.
- Riz may actually be of English heritage, due to John Hawkwood also being English and an ancestor of hers.
- Riz is named after John Hawkwood, a famous figure from 1400's Europe.
- "Riz" can be alternatively read as "Liz". In fact, fans referred to her as Liz until the official English translation of the manga was released.