Talk:Null Magical Girl
~~~~) at the end of your comment.
Any news on the translation of Chapter 2, or the release of Chapter 3? I can't find anything about it on the website linked on Chapter 1's translation credit. --Garr9988 (talk) 23:21, 12 December 2021 (UTC)
There probably won't be any Null translations on that site, as it's not in their projects pages and the summary wasn't posted there anyways. I believe User:SuzuneMU said they were interested in translating it, but they're also working in Magia Record translations and possibly other stuff. As for the release date, it's on the 25th of December.--AlsoArei (talk) 22:03, 14 December 2021 (UTC)
As far as Chapter 3's release, look for news about the anniversary books, since that's the medium of publication. I'm currently translating Cuddly Despairs (and the KazuMagi Special Story short stories that were included in one specific tankobon printing and proceeded to be never translated) but once I'm done with that NMG is next. (Part of the issue is that I have to OCR it, due to my ineptitude with kanji... and OCR is time-consuming, and not very reliable so it has to be supplemented with handwriting recognition.) SuzuneMU (talk) 04:09, 15 December 2021 (UTC)
- Any updates on the manga's release? Surely all 3 chapters have released by now? At least if anyone has the first two, they should be posting scans of pages, pics of the characters, working on fan translations? It's very frustrating not to have any real news on this anymore. --Garr9988 (talk) 20:15, 3 July 2022 (UTC)
I'm currently OCR'ing the thing, with manual fixing of course. I'm halfway through the first volume. I guess I'd also appreciate Volume 2&3 photos and/or scans... EPF (talk) 10:53, 22 August 2022 (UTC)
- Oh, wait, I should probably add the files lol.
- Text of first 9 text pages
- Mid-chapter illustration
- Danbooru tag of NMS (it's all official art there - more social media promos and all three covers)
- Cover from the ebook rips
- There is also a torrent on Nyaa for the 1st volume of the 10th anni book, but for obvious reasons I won't link it here.
- I finished the whole "chapter 1 ocr" thing now, here's the link EPF (talk) 10:27, 24 August 2022 (UTC)
I have finished translating Null Magical Girl. Here is the PDF: https://bit.ly/3Cdqase Nymphatix (talk) 04:20, 15 January 2023 (UTC)nymphatix
Manga Time Kirara Tweets
By the way, I found something interesting on the publisher's Twitter. There seems to be a... summary? Supplementary material? series for NMS there. The tweets about it have "非-魔法少女を読む" in them, though only the first tweet in a specific "chapter". I compiled all of them in this Google Drive folder: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1vQQKs_XFZlKFCoCXiQX0mkpVu3F8VbB7
From what I've got from the first tweet (not the image, the text itself), the reading of 非 as naru comes from a "widescreen baroque" book. I think it's most likely this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_World_of_Null-A
Wikipedia says that the protag's surname is read as "go sane", which'd fit with our Kosane. Thoughts? EPF (talk) 10:53, 22 August 2022 (UTC)
Any news on localization?
Hi. New user here. I was wondering if there is any news from the official PMMM for localization of this LN? If not, I'll read the fan translation, but I always love supporting the original creators if I can. I cant find this news for myself because my schedule is packed, so I would appreciate it if anyone has that information. --[User:PureChaos|PureChaos] (talk) 9:44, 12 September 2022 (EDT)
Nope. NMS is a part of a larger anthology, and those are very rarely officially translated, anyway. EPF (talk) 17:19, 28 October 2022 (UTC)