Hi! Thank you for your contribution. But may I ask why did you decided to blank Speculah pages? Thanks. -- 0x99 14:39, 25 April 2017 (UTC)
Couple of people have been discussing this on /meduka/ (this thread) that the wiki needs a clean up to look like a proper wiki, and speculah isn't exactly part of what's canon, but speculation that doesn't really fit considering all we know now and that it adds nothing but fanon. --The Witch's House 20:17, 25 April 2017 (UTC)
- OK, got it. I think the best way if we want to cleanup the Wiki is probably to archive the whole Wiki as read only (e.g. as old.puella-magi.net or something) and start clean, probably importing stuff from the old wiki. What do you think in that case? (I think this discussion better be moved to Main Page?) - 0x99 16:26, 26 April 2017 (UTC)
- I'm not too familiar with this process, are we gonna restart the wiki from scratch this way? The Witch's House 03:21, 27 April 2017 (UTC)
- Yes, I think that would be the best way. Old wiki would still be accessible in its current form (although read-only). Restructuring pages would be a lot easier that way, as current wiki is a mix of facts and speculation etc. Cost wise probably better as well as images belongs to old wiki can be dumped into bulk hosting. -- 0x99 06:13, 27 April 2017 (UTC)
- Agreed. I had at first tried to clean up the wiki so it was more standardized and streamlined across the board but page after page of speculah makes the wiki a proverbial rabbit's warren of pages and it's difficult to clean and keep what's relevant. If we archive this wiki and import/duplicate the main core of the pages to a new wiki that's been made from scratch it would definitely be easier to organize it from the beginning. Also, apologies if I went overboard on the cleanup. --Sondenise 06:08, 28 April 2017 (UTC)
- Don't apologize. I know what you did of a good intent, and we're perfectly fine with it. :-) -- 0x99 07:14, 28 April 2017 (UTC)
Invite to Write for GamePress MagiReco
We been working together on the puella wiki for many years now, and I felt you're the ideal candidate to ask, so this is a personal invite to [write for the GamePress MagiReco site](https://magiarecord.gamepress.gg/) that I'm getting ready for the NA Launch.
Funny enough, I been involved with the Magica fandom even longer than with GamePress. GamePress really was a side project of mine for some mobile games that kind of took off. You can imagine how happy I was about the MagiReco announcement - finally seeing both halves of my life coming together like that!
Of course GamePress is going to cover MagiReco!
What I have in mind for you is to take care of the lore part of the site. You know your stuff, probably as well as anyone else in the international fandom. Who better to ask to write the lore background of every witch and magical girl, and get paid for it?
PS: I checked in with User:0x99 before posting this.
- Oh wow! This is incredible! I'd be more than happy to apply as soon as I've written those critical thinking prompts. This is a pretty golden opportunity to get paid doing what I already enjoying doing. Thank you for passing this information to me. Sondenise (talk) 06:15, 5 June 2019 (UTC)
- PPS: the invitation extends to other puella wiki editors as well! I just really want to headhunt Sondenise for obv reasons!
- I'd apply for it too if I could, but I know very little about MagiReco and how to play it exactly other than what's been translated and posted here on the wiki; I don't even have the game myself because I couldn't get it working on my phone for some reason (that and IRL priorities affecting me.) Good luck to Sondenise and anyone else applying though! It's damn good opportunity for sure. -The Witch's House (talk) 20:47, 5 June 2019 (UTC)
- Alright, my application is in. Wish me luck! Sondenise (talk) 04:57, 6 June 2019 (UTC)
- PPS: the invitation extends to other puella wiki editors as well! I just really want to headhunt Sondenise for obv reasons!
Magia Record Character Powers
So, I've noticed that a lot of the characters from Magia Record have been given powers stemming from their wishes (Ren Isuzu and Kako Natsume, for example), despite them not being explained in the main story or, to my knowledge, any personal stories. There are some exceptions, like Nanaka Tokiwa and Meiyui Chun, but I'm clueless about the rest.
I've seen these powers listed on other wikis, typically those focused on characters with superpowers and powers specifically, with the same wording used on this wiki - but without sources, it all feels like unsupported guesswork (which is supported by this wiki using the same language as the others, which makes me think those wikis created headcanons that someone copied and pasted here).
They are also demonstrated in chaper 10. NepetaLeijon27 07:47, 9 January 2020 (UTC)
The powers listed come from the MagiReco Archive Volume 1. It's the same page that has the rest of their biography information, such as height, age, and what school they go to. Someone made a scan of the book and I posted the pages to their respective character. Sondenise (talk) 16:46, 9 January 2020 (UTC)
References to Kenji Miyazawa
The amount of references to Night on the Galactic Railroad and the rest of Kenji's works in Magia Record are kind of making me crazy. I just want to make a separate page of literature references in Magia Record in general by now. --NepetaLeijon27 07:53, 13 January 2020 (UTC)
Go for it! I agree, it is a lot of references. I'll add to it as needed. But probably a page for Kenji's works would be better since there are one or two references to works of his besides Galactic Railroad. maybe one page with "Railroad" as one header and then another header that says "other works by kenji"? Sondenise (talk) 16:26, 13 January 2020 (UTC)
Magia Record Anime vs Game Character Pages
Given that the anime now exists, and all the significant changes to both the plot and characterizations (like Yachiyo not testing Iroha or being so offensively against her coming to Kamihama, or the much smoother relationship between Yachiyo and Momoko), I think it's worth making separate pages for the anime versions of the Magia Record cast, and rename their game pages in line with those of the other canon characters (eg. "Madoka Kaname in Magia Record"). This will allow us to cover the differences in their personalities and the plot in general. --Garr9988 (talk) 03:59, 26 January 2020 (UTC)
It's either that or append each character page to include "in the anime" the same way the character pages for the original quintet are setup. For example, Madoka has a single character page that has a different section for each media format since a lot of her biography info would be redundant. A section for wraith arc, rebellion, the PSP game, etc
I would get the pages going but I am swamped just trying to keep up with the basic anime episode pages and the game itself. But if you feel up to the task then create the pages and I'll help setup the section under charactersSondenise (talk) 07:41, 26 January 2020 (UTC)
On adding the illustrators of the characters
Hey Sondenise, so I've seen that some of the meguca pages don't have their illustrator listed. Would it be revelant to add them? Just asking before I make a mistake. boop Anon 02:53, 25 August 2020 (UTC)
- Yeah, it's been a little hard to keep up with them. If you could add them to the character pages I'd really appreciate it. And don't be scared to make changes. Just go for it! I tend to review all changes to the site and so long as it's a constructive change it's all good. Also, thank you for your help Sondenise (talk) 14:16, 25 August 2020 (UTC)
Thank you!! boop Anon 02:32, 26 August 2020 (UTC)
Magia Record merch page
Hello, I've been thinking of editing Magia Record's merchandise page to be more in line with Madoka's. Part of it is for consistency's sake and another part is because Record's page is already growing rather hard to navigate, with almost everything crammed into the 'merchandise' section with tiny pictures (the name also seems kind of redundant for a merchandise page). I'd also need to move some things to other galleries, such as the poster for the upcoming Alina figure and the illustrations Fujino uploaded to their twitter.
Before I begin the work, I'd like to hear your opinion. Do you think it's a good idea? Technically I'd be changing it from a gallery to a product page, but I think the pictures would actually look better with the latter's format, with bigger images, more spacing and divided into more categories. It'd also be more convenient to anybody who'd want to order the products, obviously.
I also have a question how how to organize the page. Do you think I should add the things that would normally go in the product page too? Magireco has an unusually high amount of products for an spinoff. Off the top of my head, there's the anime blurays, their booklets, the animation notes, two soundtracks, one short audio drama, the magia archives, two mangas, the play DVD... It might be better to give it its own section within a Magireco page. After all, the products page is already so big that the contents table takes up the whole screen. --Arei (talk) 21:09, 25 October 2020 (UTC)
- I am a big proponent of consistency but I have not had the time or energy to fix the merchandise page for MagiReco. I'll admit, I'm surprised by how much merchandise they have for being a spin-off mobile game (not counting all the other merch that appeared after the anime aired). I believe it's a great idea to move things around and make them more accessible to people, easier to see the pages and have other categories for other items (such as the blue ray box sets, figures, posters, and other items that were only for promotional events like the ichi curry cafe.
- If you'd like to give it it's own section, please by all means. Let me know how I can help you with this (such as moving pages, making redirects, setting up new pages for you to edit) or whatever else I can do to help. If you feel that some of the character pages have too much going on (like I know Felicia's character page is getting a little big long what with all the memorias and items she features in, so we can always put a link that goes to a "extended gallery page" for her the way we did for Iroha to cut the page down and not make it so long). So please feel free to do so as well if you feel it would be beneficial for the pages. I would really appreciate your doing all of this and I'm sure it'll come out great when you're done ^^. Sondenise (talk) 15:29, 26 October 2020 (UTC)
Thanks for your support! I'm trying to decide if I want to group all lottery prizes together or classify them according to which kind of item they are. On one hand, the Madoka page puts them all under "special", and that does make the page neater by having one table per lottery. On the other hand, it means mixing all kinds of different products under a single non-descriptive title, and the category itself doesn't have a very intuitive name. What do you think?
This is not really related, but since you mentioned moving pages, how about getting rid of the Grief Seed->Glossary redirect? Most people who frequent this wiki already have the basic concepts down, and it hides the page listing all known grief seeds. --Arei (talk) 03:04, 27 October 2020 (UTC)
- Done. I deleted the redirect to the Glossary so Grief Seeds should be a good to go. As far as the merchandise goes, maybe it depends on the item? By lottery I'm assuming you mean crane game exclusive items (Banpresto Prizes) and Gachapons. If it's something that you can only get through those means, then they should go under special. It would also be good to put the cafe exclusive merch and other popup shop events under there since there's not too much products for each of those. Unless we start getting a ridiculous number of popup / one-time event stores then maybe we can give them their own page. I know what you mean though, there's T-shirts, figures, clocks and all sorts of other things that could easily go on both pages. But if it's one time items it should go under "Special" and if it's readily available through a store by regular means then it should be under one of the more specific headers on the Merchandise page. It's an idea but you don't have to do it that way if you feel another way would be best (like grouping all the figures on one page and indicating how they're obtained / manufacturer etc). Sondenise (talk) 03:44, 27 October 2020 (UTC)
I think I'll go with the usual format for gacha stuff, thanks for the input. Do you know if surprise boxes go under gachapon? I mean the ones where you order, say, a keychain but until you open it you don't know for which character it is.
I think the café events and such are okay in the events gallery. The thing is that lots of that stuff was never for sale or you can't get it anymore even through resellers (like standees and food), so there's not much to say beyond showing the pictures.
I'm trying to add some Rebellion merch, but I'm not sure how to translate the name. It's called 魔女こっとマスコット. The first word is witch and the last one is mascot, but I'm not sure about what's in the middle. Some sites translate it as cot but I'm pretty sure that's machine-translated. Do you know what it means? --Arei (talk) 03:28, 28 October 2020 (UTC)
- I mean, they're not technically Gachapon since they didn't come from a machine that you put quarters into, but then again they're blind boxes. I guess put them under figures and then indicate in the description text that they are randomly boxed (aka blind figures). As for 魔女こっとマスコット, I know that こと makes a verb into a noun. Kind of like when you add "ly" to the end of a verb and make it into an adverb, こと functions in a similar same way. So it would be something like "Witchly Mascot" is how that would be translated. Sondenise (talk) 14:56, 28 October 2020 (UTC)
I'm having some trouble with the page's formatting. For example, everything between the first Ichiban Kuji lottery's gallery until the UFO catcher plushies isn't showing up, and the table for Ren's figure isn't being processed. Actually, all the tables are a bit wrong; they don't have lines, the images are in the wrong place and I'm not sure how to make the link part at the bottom disappear. I posted what I have in my talk page, could you take a look? (It's still a work in progress so there's still stuff like notes and placeholder images) --Arei (talk) 05:53, 31 October 2020 (UTC)
- Ok Arei, I managed to fix the coding on the tables page. As far as I can see, the major problem is that you need to make sure to add the Merchandise/Header and then Merchandise/Footer at the beginning and end of each header section. So if you do lottery, add those two tags to the beginning and end. then start a new header section '===xx===' and then add the two tags again. Also, try not to add more than one link. I noticed that you copied the template and would put the |link= with a url in the middle and then you would again have the |link= later in the same subsection. Also also, even if you don't have a link, make sure to leave a blank \link= in the table or else it will make assumptions and grab the next piece of text as a link even if it's just closing brackets.
If you can keep it to this format like before then it should be good. I'll leave it here for you to copy and use as a template and see if that doesn't make it easier for you. Keep up the great work!! Sondenise (talk) 15:19, 31 October 2020 (UTC)
Release date: ｘｘｘ
Uwasa in Anime
Although it may be related to the above-mention, I found that there are remarkably little information about the Uwasa in the anime. For example, there is almost no mention about J.A. Caesar and his troupe, who worked with Doroinu to design the Uwasa in the anime. Also, there are screenshots of the anime, but the captions that were changed in the anime seems to be missing as well. I can make up for some of this information (though I'm a poor translator), but I'm struggling with how to add the information due to the volume and layout. Do you have any good ideas ? --Mokyubacky (talk) 19:59, 26 October 2020 (UTC)
- In regards to changed anime scenes, we can add those to the main page for the episode in it's own section. Something like "==Gallery== -> ===Blue-Ray Changes===" just give it another header for the images. For the description of the changes we can put it under observations (you can add another header if you feel it is necessary). There is also a page for Uwasa Anime Screenshots if you feel it would be better to put the images there also.
- For additional information on the Uwasa, like J.A. Caesar and others that helped to design them, we can put that under the page for Uwasa. It can be "1. Characteristics 2. Design 3. Major Uwasa 4. Trivia 5. Gallery 6. See Also" Then you can add all the information for it there. If it is trivia about a specific Uwasa, then it can go under the picture similar to the layout for this page Kazumi Magica Witches. Something similar might be good?
- I hope the way I describe what I was thinking was not too confusing for you. These are just ideas though and if you think there is a better way then please go ahead and make changes how you think is best (even if they are big changes). If you think it is more information than will fit on one page comfortably then we can always make a new page and link to it. Sondenise (talk) 20:07, 26 October 2020 (UTC)
Thank you for your advice! About Uwasa, there are the monsters Uwasa and the magical stories Rumor. Since it is Rumor that has been changed with the anime, it may be inconsistent and inappropriate to add that information to an article about Uwasa. So, for now, I'll try to reflect the information regarding the Rumor changes on the individual anime episode pages. By the way, I personally think it might be preferable to split up the Major Uwasa pages similar to the individual Witch pages. This would allow for additional caption changes for Rumor, and would also allow for explanations that are not about Uwasa, but belong to Rumor, for example Uwasa barrier. Is this possible？--Mokyubacky (talk) 22:54, 27 October 2020 (UTC)
- I see now what you mean. You were referring to the Rumor stories and not just the individual creatures. It would be better to put those on the individual episode pages since it is specific to the anime. You can put it under trivia or you can make a new section and call it "Changes from the Game" or something else. A new section for differences would be good since there are other changes to the story besides the Rumors and Uwasa.
- Splitting up the Uwasa page would be a good idea since the page is getting long and hard to navigate. I will get to it when I have time later in the week. Sondenise (talk) 00:25, 28 October 2020 (UTC)
As I mentioned on my talk page, thanks for the great work. I've edited the individual page of the Uwasa of the Friendship Ending Staircase as a kind of draft proposals (it's still incomplete). Please correct if there are any problems. I will add more information gradually about the other rumors.--Mokyubacky (talk) 23:24, 29 October 2020 (UTC)