|Japanese Name||神楽燦 (Kagura San)|
|Voiced by||Japanese: Ai Fairouz|
|Release Date (JP):||November 12, 2021|
San Kagura is one of the original characters of the 2017 mobile game Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story: Magia Record.
|Soul Gem||Red gem in circular, six-spoked pendant attached to a collar. It bears resemblance to a gear.|
|Weapon||Head-mounted and hand-mounted Gatling guns|
|Witch Form||9Daime Nue|
|Powers and Abilities||Absolute defense (makes her body hard as steel)|
|Wish||For the Hikarizuka Fire Festival to remain.|
|Japanese pronoun||watashi (私)|
|Known relatives||Unnamed parents|
|School||Takarazaki Municipal Hikarizuka Middle Educational School|
|Affiliation||Wings of the Magius (white feather / instructor), Neo-Magius|
|Spirit Enhancement Data|
A Magical Girl who serves as the No.2 of the Neo-Magius and is drawn to both the sacred and the strong. Within the Neo-Magius, she is feared as a demon instructor, but at the youth association she works at she's a beloved younger-sister figure.
The Doppel of stagnation. Its form is a security system. The master of this emotion absolutely cannot accept any change in the things that brought her to where she is today. In response to this feeling of its master’s, this Doppel displays the ability to notice even the slightest movement of a pebble by the side of a road, the sound of a pin dropping, and so on, in order to catch every little detail of the changes occuring in its vicinity. If a change occurs as a result of a natural phenomenon, it will quietly tend to it and return it to normal. But if somebody intentionally caused it, the Doppel will never forgive them; it will launch the masks attached to it in order to give pursuit, and is absolutely guaranteed to capture and punish its target. It’s bad at defending itself from weapons such as arrows– which its master has mixed feelings about, given that she uses projectiles herself.
Powers and Abilities
San's innate magical ability is absolute defense, which makes her body strong and hard as steel, this makes her inmune to physical attacks. San is also able to make barriers around her allies to protect them.
- The characters of her last name mean "gods" (神) and "music" (楽) respectively.
- Collectively 神楽 means ancient Shinto music and dancing.
- The character in her first name means "illuminating / bright" (燦).
- The name of her witch/doppel form can be also read as 'Kyudaime Nue' as the word for 'nine' in Japanese is 'Kyu'. ‘Daime’ means ‘generation’, so the translation would be ‘ninth generation nue’ or ‘generation nine nue’.
- San has the ability to manipulate Miyuri Yukari like a marionette. According to Miyuri's MSS, when Miyuri blacks out the only thing that is able to reach her is San's voice. So San commands Miyuri in battle.
- She may have Shinto Shrine as in Dependence Blue she mentions arahitogami (or living god), a Shinto term. She also wants to preserve the Hikarizuka Fire Festival, a local Shinto festival in Takarazaki, claiming this festival is more important than her life and she will do anything (including becoming a living god) to preserve it.
- Her nickname while in the Wings of Magius was "Instructor", most likely due to her role teaching to the other Feathers. She was the third-highest ranking Magical Girl in the Wings of Magius, after Mifuyu Azusa and the Magius themselves.
- A nue is a yokai whose body consists of different animal parts, such as the head of a monkey, the body of a tiger and the tail of a snake. They are said to be nocturnal and make eerie cries at night that some consider ill omens; nobles who heard its cry would make prayers that nothing disastrous would happen. In its derived form, "nue" refers to entities whose true form is unknown.
- In a tale from the Heike Monogatari (an account of two rival clans fighting for control of Japan), the nue's cry accompanying a strange cloud of black smoke caused an emperor to fall ill, and no cure could be found. A close associate remembered a samurai using an arrow to put an end to the mysterious cries in the past, and so ordered a master of arrows (the poet Minamoto no Yorimasa) to slay the creature. Yorimasa, with an arrow with an arrowhead that belonged to an ancestor of his and the tailfeathers of a mountain bird, slew the beast with the aid of his servant. In the skies over the sick emperor's court, the cries of the common cuckoo were heard: peace was thus said to have returned, the emperor returned to full health, and Yorimasa was gifted a sword.
- After the nue was slain, the people of the land it terrorized were fearful of further curses, and thus sent the nue's corpse down a river where it eventually washed up in another county. The people of this county, either fearful of curses themselves or purely out of courtesy, gave the nue a proper burial. Several accounts exist of its burial being disturbed and its vengeful spirit unleashing curses as revenge:
- A mound was created over its grave that was later torn down, so its vengeful spirit unleashed curses across the land until it was rebuilt.
- The spirit of the dead nue became a horse, which was raised by Yorimasa (the one who killed it) and given a new name. As it was a good horse, it was stolen by someone of another clan, so Yorimasa raised an army against this family. As this fight resulted in Yorimasa's ruin, it is said the nue got its revenge this way.
- San's Doppel/Witch is the first to have a number in its name.
To edit a memoria's details, click on the specific memoria
|Card||Effect||Cooldown||EN Text||JP Text|
|Thanks to the words that were casually hung up, I felt like I could see God within the shimmering flames. The time when the scary flames looked mysterious was the first longing I remember.||何気なく掛けられた言葉のおかげで
|The place I have carefully protected with everyone.
It will be burned down by a big flame..."Stop... please... don't take away the place where I and everyone can be connected...!"
|Because I have a purpose that I can't give up, I have a desire to share with you.
The girls really collide with each other. “Huh, that’s interesting... but the game has to be like this...!”“Next time... I won’t hold back... Instructor…!”
|A merciless word from her peers shot through her brain. Until now, she realised that she was denied and that her hobby was special, which she had taken for granted. "Miyu...Miyu just trains to kick with her legs!"||仲間からの容赦ない一言は、彼女の脳天を撃ち抜いた
|**Unique to San Kagura**|
Reviving the Mitsuzuka Fire Festival...
That is the most important thought.So put it in a worn-out headband and leave it in this place. Until then, when I have achieved my goal and returned, please keep it safe here.
|There were days where I thought I didn't want to be liked.
But I hate not being able to meet this overflowing feeling of love, and I'm sure it's a very happy thing to be able to like it, so…"How happy Miyu is to see San-sama's feet again today…!"
|"Let's all come back to buy and eat treats again. Next time, we'll treat you as an instructor ★."
"That's fine, but I don't have the motivation to pay for it." "Why don't we show how much we've grown and impress the instructor again?""...ok. However, the next one is limited up to 300 yen per person...”
|Wh-what should I do! Such a figure in such a place ... It would be terrible if it was seen!
I have to do whatever it takes to not be seen! At least I have to do this...! Eek! Himena and her friends are here...!...uh...? Maybe I should cancel my transformation?...Is that...Ye-yes, that's what I should do!
|Card||Effect||Cooldown||EN Text||JP Text|
- Recording of San's Transformation Video on Youtube (JP)
- Recording of San's Magia Video on Youtube (JP)
- Recording of San's Doppel Video on Youtube (JP)