|Japanese Name||(水名露) Mizuna Tsuyu|
|Voiced by||Japanese: Hina Yōmiya|
|Release Date (JP):||January 27, 2023|
Tsuyu Mizuna is one of the original characters of the 2017 mobile game Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story: Magia Record.
|Hair colour||Light Pastel Blue|
|Soul Gem||Blue 5-point flower (back of left hand)|
|Powers and Abilities||Unknown|
|Wish||“I wish to protect the sacred tree from being cut down by Sumiya.”|
|Japanese pronoun||watashi (私)|
|Known relatives||Masatsuna Mizuna (father), unnamed grandfather|
|Spirit Enhancement Data|
A magical girl who was once the daughter of Masatsuna Mizuna, who once ruled Hokuyō in the Soma Province (相磨の国 Sōma-no-kuni), and was called the Ikusamiko (War Priestess) of the West. Although she was feared as a "one-hit wizard," the people of the fiefdom treated her so casually that they could hardly believe she was a princess. Normally serious and calm, she loosens up when it comes to her favorite stories and the Kowaka Mai.
The doppel of divine punishment. Its form is a straw warrior. While the master of this emotion wishes for a bountiful harvest to provide salvation to her people, her heart also secretly hosts a self-serving desire to restore her family’s authority. As if to express its master’s hidden wish, this Doppel uses straw burning with the flame of desire to smoke out its enemies, and uses its rigid limbs to trap and prey upon them. Even its master’s attempts to stop it won’t halt its brutal onslaught, as it continues to seek out and hunt the prey it requires to increase its own value. Once all the straw burns away and the Doppel vanishes, only a ghastly landscape is left behind, but a scant few beautiful wildflowers also seem to remain.
- The Legendary Story of the Paper Mulberry Leaf ~The Swaying Feeling, Once Again Fascinating~ (mentioned)
- Puella Historia The Ikusamiko of Kamihama Arc
Powers and Abilities
This page or section is a stub, and needs expansion. You can help Puella Magi Wiki by expanding it.
- The characters of her last name mean "water" (水) and "name" (名) respectively. It is the same spelling as used by the Mizuna Ward.
- The character of her first name means "dew" (露).
- In a play, Yachiyo Nanami wore a costume that was originally implied to be based on, or a replica of, an outfit Tsuyu wore. After inheriting Tsuyu's hope via her own unique magic, Yachiyo's magical girl outfit changed entirely into one that resembled the costume, implying it is also based on, or a replica of, Tsuyu's own magical girl outfit. This was later disproven when Tsuyu was released.
- The design and placement of Tsuyu's Soul Gem, a five-pointed flower on the back of her hand, resembles that of the Azalea House Trio.
- However, her flower is not shaped like an azalea, but a forget-me-not (known in Japan as Wasurenagusa (勿忘草)). In the Japanese language of flowers, they are said to mean "true love", and outside, they commonly represent loyalty.
- Her fate after the downfall of Kumai and Gen'un was stated in Main Story of Arc 2, Where she becomes a witch due to the betrayal of Sanemon Banshu - not only when Sanemon snipe at Masatsuna Mizuna during the peace talk and Tsuyu even when his own daughter trying to convince her, but also his Taito bandits in league with a other Province's Army by his own decision. as a result, Tsuyu misunderstand that Chizuru already betray her.
- It was believed that she was the Witch of Symbols, but this was disproven when Tsuyu became playable. Technically, after Tsuyu became a witch because of Sanemon Banshu's betrayal, Komatsu was absorbed by Witch of Symbols (according to Nemu's explanation in the latter part of Puella Historia The Ikusamiko of Kamihama Arc) and spread the hate against the eastern part of Kamihama for hundreds of years.
- Both her and Chizuru's doppel name starts with Ko- and ends on -tsu.
- Tsuyu is the only Magical Girl of the Puella Historia arc to have a family name she uses. Chizuru's family name is presumably Banshu, but isn't allowed to use it.
- Although Komatsu, her Witch, is not seen nor faced as a boss in the game, she appears alongside Kogetsu in the background of Pillar of Tomorrow. in fact, their sprites are re-used from their Doppel ones but removed the Magical Girls from them.
To edit a memoria's details, click on the specific memoria
|Card||Effect||Cooldown||EN Text||JP Text|
|**Unique to Tsuyu Mizuna**|
I've known this little guy for a long time now, given to me by my father one day.
But I don't know what they think when I see them eating food or flying around the room. What are you thinking at the perch, not even running away...?Maybe this child is just looking far away and waiting.
|Time had been ticking away for years, trying to separate us.
We let the sun rise repeatedly, and its heat burned the words of the past. Yet, when the words that had been dissolved in the sea reached us with moistureThe dry and cracked bonds have indeed come back to life.
|A moment after the sword blade is placed in the scabbard, the koiguchi and the tsubasa make a dry sound
And the taut mind loosens up as if it were drawing a bow. A silent sigh escapes from one's mouthIt was a moment of relief for the child of the god of war, who said, "Now the people of my domain are saved."
|"We're almost done, so let's go defeat the demons later."
"I'd like to take it easy, but I guess that's just the way it is." "We have to work for what we eat and save everyone.""And the more workers we have, the more future rice we'll have." "Well, that was rather calculating."
|Feeling the closeness of the two, the blades they drew sink into their bodies with rage.
Blood dripping on the ground, the two of them lie on their backs and peer into the abyss of death. What made them look away was the red river of life, like a spider's thread that runs through the ground...The two threads were connected, but their color remained the same, indicating that they were both the same.
|A bird waiting for a mission. Trees whispering to leave the past behind.
The sky showing that there is a way. Words that weave the future. The flow of time that counts only one, extinguishes many lights of lifeNow is no time for the girls to be emotionally shaken
道があることを示す空 未来を紡ぐ言葉 たったひとつ数える時の流れが、命の灯火をいくつも消してしまう今、少女たちが感情を揺さぶられている暇はない
|Driven from the land of our fathers for many moons
The will to return is in my heart, but the smoldering flames of vengeance are watered down. All that needs to be done is to stand on the mountains of Kitayou and carve a stream that enriches the people.Even when nostalgia has sprouted, Mizuna does not indulge in greed.
|Magical girls who try to resist their fate end up in sorrow.
The witch breeds sadness and paints over the history that has seeped into it. Breaking the chain of sorrow is the legend that connects hope to the future.When the despair engraved in history is connected to the present, hope is carried to the future.
|Card||Effect||Cooldown||EN Text||JP Text|
- Recording of Tsuyu Mizuna's Transformation Video on Youtube (JP)
- Recording of Tsuyu Mizuna's Magia Video on Youtube (JP)
- Recording of Tsuyu Mizuna's Doppel Video on Youtube (JP)