|Japanese: Tomori Kusunoki
|Release Date (JP):
|March 10, 2023
Ebony is the one of the original characters of the 2017 mobile game Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story: Magia Record.
|Black with purple sheen
|Scarab Beetle with magenta circle (fabric clasp, torso)
|Powers and Abilities
|Can charm and manipulate people with perfume from her censer
|“I want Pharaoh Cleopatra to have glory enough to carve her name in history.”
|Unnamed parents (deceased)
|Alexandria, Egypt 
- She's shown as living in Alexandria, but originally comes from a remote village.
|Spirit Enhancement Data
A magical girl born into a family loyal to the Pharaohs. From an early age, she was sworn to obedience to the dynasty and forced by the adults to enter into a magical girl contract. She secretly wonders if she was really born just to serve the Pharaohs.
The Doppel of skepticism. Its form is a vulture. From the moment that the master of this emotion was born, she has been forced into a life of servitude to the Pharaohs. But upon realizing that other ways of life exist, she was wracked with conflict. This Doppel continually emits fluctuations in response to that conflict, and creates doubt in the hearts of those around it as it propagates the fluctuations with its wingbeats. These doubts quickly balloon into various opposing poles– joy and sorrow, hope and resignation, veneration and contempt– thus calling forth further chaos. As this chaos reaches its breaking point and overflows, it drags everything down with it into transience and uncertainty.
Powers and Abilities
This page or section is a stub, and needs expansion. You can help Puella Magi Wiki by expanding it.
- 'Ebony' denotes wood of trees of the Diospyros family. The word comes from the Ancient Egyptian hbny.
- Her illustrator is "Punyan".
- Due to the fact that Egypt was controlled by a Greek dynasty and had close ties with the Roman Empire during the time period of her event, it's possible that her family may be Greek or Roman instead of Egyptian.
- She is the sixth playable character to lack a family name, the others being Lil' Kyubey, Kuroe, Chizuru, Kuro (黒) and Kuro (くろ).
- Ebony's design seems to be heavily themed around Egyptian deities.
- Her magical girl outfit resembles some of the clothing worn by Egyptian deities.
- Her Soul Gem is based on Scarab artifacts, a symbol common in Egyptian mythology, that is said to represent the god Khepri. Here, her Soul Gem takes the place of the ball (sun) the scarab holds.
- Her head-dress is a peacock, which is said to reference the sun god Ra and is also associated with the Eye of Horus. Despite her wearing several sun symbols, she is a Dark-type.
- The name of her Connect references Bennu, an Egyptian god linked with the Sun, creation, and rebirth.
- Her Magia name references Horus, the most significant god of the Egyptian pantheon and the god of kingship and the sky.
- Her Doppel's name, Apebis, is a combination of Apeba (a genus of longhorn beetles, referencing scarabs and Khepri) and Anubis (the Egyptian god of mummification that takes the form of a jackal).
- Despite its name being associated with beetles and jackals, the Doppel itself takes the form of a vulture. Vultures, being carrion birds, are also associated with death. The Egyptian goddess Nekhbet, who took the form of a vulture, was a patron goddess of the city Nekheb who ultimately became the patron of Upper Egypt, and then one of two patrons for the entirety of Egypt once it was unified. In ancient Egypt, vulture crowns were protective symbols of the goddess worn by high ranking priestesses, the Great Royal Wives, and female pharaohs.
- The name of her clan, the Met Clan, is an Ancient Egyptian word that means "lioness".
To edit a memoria's details, click on the specific memoria
|**Unique to Ebony**
This is not a sacred incense dedicated to God, but an incense that deceives and manipulates people.
Once you let it waft over the area, the place is instantly under your control. Once the sensation of smoke wafting into your head is seared into your mind,All that remains is to surrender and let "her" guide you.
|Since I was a child, I have been told to devote my body and soul entirely to the Pharaoh.
I have lived my life accordingly, without the slightest hesitation. But now, the throne in front of me looks distortedI must hide the glimpses of regret with my scarred loyalty
|My fate was changed a lot in this gorge
My fate was changed by the "God" I met in this gorge. I just keep on walking through the darkest valley floorsWithout noticing the faint light overhead.
|Two girls face each other across time and across countries.
Their family's karma weighs heavily on their backs. Is this why they were drawn to each other, or is it a tangle of causes and effects?Either way, this encounter shines with an intense and vivid light, illuminating the world around them.
|Losing sight of left and right, I just keep looking forward and continue crossing the sea of sand.
When I looked back, my footprints were already blown away by the wind. No one will ever know my path again.Yet, I look forward and never stop walking.
|She could not choose her own destiny.
Caught in the storm of a journey's destiny, she becomes a servant of the pharaoh. But while living a life of obscurity, the voice of comrades who have appeared from beyond time echoes in her heart.Eventually, after regaining her soul, she sets out on a journey of faraway sands.
|Magical girls who try to resist their fate end up in sorrow.
The witch breeds sadness and paints over the history that has seeped into it. Breaking the chain of sorrow is the legend that connects hope to the future.When the despair engraved in history is connected to the present, hope is carried to the future.
- Recording of Ebony's Transformation Video on Youtube (JP)
- Recording of Ebony's Magia Video on Youtube (JP)
- Recording of Ebony's Doppel Video on Youtube (JP)