|Japanese: Yukako Kiuchi
English: Skyler Davenport
|Release Date (JP):
|February 10, 2023
Kuro is the one of the original characters of the 2017 mobile game Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story: Magia Record. Originally a character exclusive to the anime, Kuro was seen only in Kuroe's backstory, where she was trying to save a cat from a Witch. Kuroe saved the Magical Girl, but did not offer to team up or help when Kuro asked if she had any spare Grief Seeds.
|The red sphere on her hood's bow tie
|Toy Bow and Arrow
|Powers and Abilities
|Takarazaki Municipal First Middle School
|Stats, Connect, Magia Data
A Magical Girl living in Takarazaki City. In the past, when she was struggling against Witches, she was saved by a Magical Girl in a black hood. She has a habit of putting up appearances due to her lack of self-confidence, and may appear to be acting suspiciously. Her goal now is to "live alone".
- The characters of her last name are written in hiragana and are a homophone for 玄, which means "mysterious", "deep", or "profound".
- くろ can also be seen as a heart written as an emoticon: <3.
- Her bow resembles a toy and her arrows are tipped with blunt, rounded balls, both of which are likely meant to portray her as ineffective and weak.
- Kuro has similar design elements as Iroha Tamaki: Her white and pink cloak hood (inverted from Iroha's), a pink circular Soul Gem acting as their cloak clasp, both having bows as weapons, and going to the same Takarazaki school.
- Her Magia "I'll Do My Best" is taken from episode 24, which appeared in Runes in Slave of Anima's Barrier.
- She is the fifth playable character to lack a family name, after Lil' Kyubey, Kuroe, Kuro (黒) and Chizuru.
- Her fluffy cloak, hoof-like gloved hands, pockets that resemble closed eyes, lack of her own eyes, her weakness, her fearful personality, and her reliance on others to give her Grief Seeds make her greatly resemble Rebecca. However, because she is alive during an event that takes place after Arc 2, she cannot be the same Magical Girl.
To edit a memoria's details, click on the specific memoria
|I wanted to blame someone else and run away.
I wanted to be sympathetic and be protected by someone strong. But we struggled just a little bit, and that's why we are where we are today.This gentle light pried open the door of possibility.
|**Unique to Kuro (くろ)**
Every time I come to this station, I remember that girl in the black hood.
The kind-hearted magical girl who helped me when I was weak... I still sometimes dream of seeing you again someday... because I want to hear your name next timeand tell you how grateful I am for what you did for me that day.