|Japanese Name||更紗帆奈 Sarasa Hanna|
|Voiced by||Japanese: Miho Okasaki|
Hanna Sarasa is the one of the original characters of the 2017 mobile game Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story: Magia Record.
- Age: 15
- Height: 158cm
- Eye colour: Purple
- Hair colour: Purple
- Origins: Mizuna ward
- Soul gem: Light pink circle with three protrusions (neck accessory on scarf)
- Weapon: Rod (Man catcher)
- Wish: "Erase those worthless pieces of trash!" (referring to her peers that bullied her during school)
- Ability: Ability Duplication (Copy and use the opponent's abilities. Only one ability can be copied at a time)
- Witch Form: Hund Balou
- Japanese pronoun: atashi (あたし)
- Known relatives: Unnamed mother and father (deceased)
- School: Mizuna Girls' School, 9th grade
An introvert, this Magical Girl isn’t good when it comes to people. Oppressed at both home and school, she hates the world. After her contract was made, she encountered something that changed her strange fate even further. Although eccentric, she loves animals.
The Doppel of refutation. Its form is a pet. The master of this emotion learned to control others using a borrowed power. In time this act morphed into a form of desire, and this is the embodiment of that twisted state. It is a freakish kind of vengeance brought upon by a past of suffering at the hands of others, a reversed and bloated projection of the self. There is not an ounce of guilt in it, only pure madness. This Doppel binds those it faces in numerous leashes and crushes them with its gargantuan hands as it trembles in endless ecstasy.
The following is a summary posted on 4chan's /pmmm/ general by Mizuna Anon.
Hanna grew up with an abusive father and a mother that used Hanna as a shield while ignoring her plight. Due to this mistreatment, Hanna had a dismal outlook on life. Eventually, her dad died after being stabbed by someone he offended and her mom died after drinking to celebrate and getting hit by a car.
Hanna is sent to an orphanage where she didn't fit in and got bullied at school. She contracted with Kyubey to wipe the existence of her bullies from the Earth, including people's memories of them except for herself so she can enjoy the feeling of victory when they get deleted.
She is very happy, but is then stuck with fighting witches and familiars, which she's not very good at. She was saved by Mikoto Sena, and they form a team to hunt witches. While using her as a tool at first, Hanna eventually warms up to the positive and kind Mikoto.
During a fight, Hanna realizes she can hypnotize enemies like Mikoto did. The two experiment and discover Hanna's magic is to copy other people's powers. After trying out plenty of magical girls' innate magic, she decides to stick with Mikoto's and they further develop the usage together.
They were rescued once by Kanagi, and while Mikoto is excited, Hanna thinks Kanagi will just get in the way and uses her magic to wipe Kanagi's memories of their meeting. Seeing that it works, the excited Hanna plans to use it to wipe herself from people's sight and finally wreck havoc as vengeance. However, Mikoto's presence made her think twice.
Alas, they are unable to find witches for a long time, and Mikoto becomes a witch in Daito ward. Losing her only friend, on top of learning the truth about magical girls, causes Hanna to finally snap.
Without an anchor, Hanna decides to go along with her plan to cause chaos and misfortune since it brings her happiness, and she believe she should make full use of her time before her eventual demise. Her first action is to hypnotize Mikoto's witch and have her stay in the ward so she can spread misfortune and misery to the residents. Hanna also decides to use her magic to use witches to mess with people's lives while also hunting them to survive.
It ends with her hypnotizing a witch she was about to kill to mess with people's lives.
- The characters in her last name mean "Calico Cloth" (更紗), which are cloths printed with flowers and other patterns in different colors.
- The characters in her first name mean "sail" (帆) and "what" (奈) respectively.
- Her illustrator is Mura Kuroe, the artist of Puella Magi Oriko Magica.
- Hanna is the last character featured in a limited gacha one could roll for before the English server shut down.
- "Hund" is the German word for "dog" or "hound"; "Balou" is a form of the Portuguese word for "bleat" or "baa", the characteristic sound of a sheep. Together, the name translates to "bleating dog" or "sheep dog".
- Sheep dogs are breeds historically bred for the herding and guarding of sheep and other livestock.
- Her doppel may also have some meaning in how it looks, with belts being wrapped around the doppel's head. This may symbolise how suffocated she feels in life, not having freedom to be her true self.
- It potentially has disturbing allegories, hinting at madness and a desire to control others. Hence the fact the doppel tries to 'restrain' others as she sees it as a rightful form of revenge. The doppel itself is also restricted. But when she unleashes it's power, she releases her anger and insanity - which has a naive basis. As if she is unleashing her pent up negativity from being abused - this may have been bullying from her peers as she is still in school.
- While Hanna's full abilities are not made very clear due to her dying at the end of her event, presumably she can only copy and hold one girl's magical abilities at a time. Should she choose to copy the abilities of another, she would have to let go of the ability she is currently copying. She can't copy more than one ability at a time.
|Card||Effect||Cooldown||Eng Text||Jap Text|
Chance to Anti-Dazzle [IX]
Max Limit Break:
|Passive||That is where they talked to each other. That is where they pondered. By doing so, they fought through and opened up an unknown world. It really was the place where they shined.||あの場所で、ふたりは話し合っていた
あの場所で、ふたりは考えていた そうやって未知の世界を切り開き、戦っていた 確かにあの場所で、彼女たちは輝いていた
Chance to Bind [IV] & Defense Down [V] (Single / 1 T)
Max Limit Break:
Chance to Bind [V] & Defense Down [VI] (Single / 1 T)
Max Limit Break:
|**Unique to Hanna Sarasa**
I turn the dregs of my heart into ink and carve words into this notebook. I hurl every conceivable foulmouthed word I can at it and pray that what's written in here actually comes to pass. I pour my soul into cramming every ounce of malice I have into it.
MP Gain DOWN [III] (All / 3 T)
Max Limit Break:
MP Gain DOWN [IV] (All / 3 T)
Max Limit Break:
|That was the first time I waited impatiently to meet someone in my life. I'd never even had a whisper of such a feeling, but I was suddenly pulled in by this person, and before I knew it, she had a huge place in my heart. That's why I want her to come quick... I wanna see that smile again.||会うのが待ち遠しいなんて、生まれて初めてだった そんな気なんてさらさらなかったのに、いつの間にか心惹かれて 気が付いたら心の中でとても大きな存在になっていた だから早く来てほしい…そしてまた、あの笑顔を見せてほしい|