|Japanese Name||(リヴィア・メディロス) Livia Medeiros|
|Voiced by||Japanese: Honoka Kuroki|
|Release Date (JP):||January 17, 2020|
Livia Medeiros is a character in the 2017 mobile game Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story: Magia Record. She first appeared in October 2019.
|Soul Gem||Purple oval on her forehead|
|Weapon||Top hat, playing cards (summoned from hat)|
|Powers and Abilities||To draw evil (something tragic befalls those she helps or tries to make happy)|
|Wish||To become evil itself|
|Japanese pronoun||watashi (私)|
|Known relatives||Unnamed father (deceased), unnamed mother (absent), unnamed sensei/surrogate mother (deceased)|
|Spirit Enhancement Data|
A Magical Girl who has arrived in Kamihama as a Puella Care (Traveling Coordinator); she's referred to as Mitama's teacher. She has traveled around the country making adjustments and conveying her adjustment techniques to talented girls who can't fight witches on their own. She has a mysterious nature and no one knows her past.
The Doppel of duḥkha-dhātu. Its form is a dendogram. Due to the presence of this being that represents the origin of life, the master of this emotion is painfully aware of the inescapable yoke that forces her closer to becoming one who does harm. This Doppel speaks of nothing and indicates nothing, simply growing its tree of life ever larger with the impurity it absorbs from its master. Though its form is wrapped in swaddling cloth, it is every bit as unblessed as its master, and it harms those who oppose it by maliciously scattering the impurity it gained from its birth. If another being trapped within the tree diagram were to appear, they would surely fall into a crucible of agony. Only the master can become an actual part of the tree.
- Crimson Resolve
- Night Fairytale ~ You were at the water's edge
- The Witches' Paradox Extermination Battle
- Battle Museum
Powers and Abilities
This page or section is a stub, and needs expansion. You can help Puella Magi Wiki by expanding it.
- "Livia" as a name may either be derived from the Latin word liveo ("to be livid" or "to be envious"), or a variation of the name "Olivia" ("olive").
- The name Medeiros is derived from the Portuguese word, medeiro, meaning "a place where stacks of maize are gathered", or simply "a haystack".
- The surname may come from Celestino Medeiros, a criminal who confessed to having committed a double-murder in Braintree, Massachusetts for which two anarchist brothers were executed; Celestino's confession was ignored in favor of punishing the anarchists because there were strong political pressures at the time to execute them instead.
- It has been confirmed that she is Mitama Yakumo's sensei who taught her how to use her magic to adjust magical girls since she herself is an Adjuster as well.
- She is the first dark-skinned character in Magia Record.
- Her Doppel's name is a reference to the Last Universal Common Ancestor and the fetuses represent, from left to right: mammals, reptiles, humankind, fish and birds.
- They also represent the four elements, with the mammal as earth, reptile as fire (lizards and salamanders are commonly associated with fire), fish as water and birds as air.
- It vaguely resembles a uterus without Fallopian tubes in shape. This could go along with the alternate reading of the kanji used for its nature.
- It also shares a name with one of the Souju twins from Puella Magi Kazumi Magica.
- Her designer is Sasagi Koushi.
- Livia, along with the other coordinators, have a magician aesthetic. Livia specifically being a magician with a tophat, and her magia using cards.
- Her wish is revealed in Arc 2 Chapter 11. Due to her wish, whenever she does something for someone else's sake or happiness, something bad will happen to that person.
- The ring featured in her personal memoria belonged to a teacher Livia cared about, who died in a freak accident on her own wedding day while Livia could only watch helplessly.
To edit a memoria's details, click on the specific memoria
|Card||Effect||Cooldown||EN Text||JP Text|
|**Unique to Livia Medeiros**|
A chapel wrapped in voices of blessing.
Lift up the veil, swear a vow with those lips, toss out a cheer with the bouquet. I thought I'd just feign ignorance, brush it off with a cold gaze,but because I'd held such dear feelings, that love became warped.
|Softly dozing, at the sound of adult voices that had once been so kind.
The innocent singing that remains makes the scene, and scent, feel that much more fresh. If only it could've continued for 10 years, 20 years.Once it crashed down, the foul-smelling time spent dragging it behind me seeped into the depths of my soul.
|"What's the matter, young lady? Have you lost your way?
Big sis will show you around. Follow me. ...well, that's the impression." "Hmmm, I see...Instead of just telling me the direction of the placeit is a point of kindness to go together...! You have my gratitude, role model"
|No matter what I did, I couldn't fight. The only thing I could do was rely on others. I was rotting away, not knowing whether my wish was granted or not. Were those words whispered into my ear a blessing or a curse? "Mitama Yakumo, you are another Magical Girl who wished for a thousand curses."||何をしても戦えず…誰かに頼ることでしか生きられず…願いが叶ったかどうかも分からぬまま…朽ちようとしていた…その耳に囁きかけるのは、救いの言葉か呪いの言葉か…「八雲みたま、アナタもまた那由多の呪いを願った魔法少女だね」|
|“There are no customers right now, so let’s all take a break together.”
“Then, you can boil the tea. I’ve already arranged some snacks.“ “Fumuu! Fummuufumunmu!”“Don’t overdo it and eat too many, Sudachi. Or else you won’t have any room for dinner.”
|"If you wanna protect yourself from foes, us folks at Puella Care will lend you our strength.
But since we're absolutely neutral, we might Adjust your enemies too... Well, if that happens, you can just drop by for another Adjustment yourself.Might seem like a game of cat and mouse, but that's already the sorta place the world is."
|I wanted to blame someone else and run away.
I wanted to be sympathetic and be protected by someone strong. But we struggled just a little bit, and that's why we are where we are today.This gentle light pried open the door of possibility.
|Card||Effect||Cooldown||EN Text||JP Text|
- Recording of Livia's Transformation Video on Youtube (JP)
- Recording of Livia's Magia Video on Youtube (JP)
- Recording of Livia's Doppel Video on Youtube (JP)
Side Story and Costume Story Videos
- Recording of Livia's MSS on Youtube (JP): Episode 1/3, Episode 2/3, Episode 3/3