I've partially finished upgrading the wiki software to latest version and migrating the wiki to a better server (alongside with Walpurgischan). Due to this, there might be some stuff that broke, if you found anything please comment here and I'll try to fix it. The currently broken stuff I'm aware of are:
- "Magica" theme is missing — likely going to take some time to fix, because there's some breaking changes in the base Vector theme.
Mathematics of Madoka Magica page is broken — not sure why, will have to debug.
Runes pages are not showing the rune — updated MediaWiki:Common.css but it doesn't seems to work. Do not sure why.
Since the Wiki now running the latest MediaWiki, I should now able to install newer extensions. If anyone have any request, please feel free to say so. Also regarding the cleanup we've discussed last year, since now the new server is done, we might be able to finally start, although it's a bit too late. Either way, sorry for being slow at everything, and thank you for your patience. --0x99 (talk) 23:29, 26 March 2018 (UTC)
images.puella-magi.net is broken — I forgot about this and it currently broke all hotlinks. Will fix.--0x99 (talk) 23:53, 26 March 2018 (UTC)
- Done fixing images.puella-magi.net. Runes issue seems to fix itself (caching issue?) --0x99 (talk) 07:55, 27 March 2018 (UTC)
- Math should now be working: (and should looked a lot better than before, when inlining) --0x99 (talk) 17:56, 27 March 2018 (UTC)
- Restored the questy CAPTCHA (trivial question) during registration as it seems like the most effective way to combat against SPAM --0x99 (talk) 05:54, 30 March 2018 (UTC)
I'm currently experimenting with Lazyload to see if it result in faster page load and whether it will reduce bandwidth usage for both server side and client side. Due to this, there might be a slight delay until images are displayed on page load. If it's not working out or found to be annoying, I will remove it. Please let me know what do you think. Thanks! --0x99 (talk) 16:54, 10 April 2018 (UTC)
- Nvm, this is proved to be more annoying and buggy than I'd hope (after half hour of browsing). I'm removing it. Sorry for the noise. --0x99 (talk) 17:24, 10 April 2018 (UTC)
User rights change
I've added User:Sondenise, User:Universalperson and User:The Witch's House to the administrator group in the wiki. The wiki administrator are a group of trusted users (in MediaWiki, "ultimate" admin permission is the configuration file) and can ban the user, lock the page, and edit stuff like MediaWiki:Sidebar (or other part of interface). This is to allow the current editors to be able to change things a bit more easily. Thank you! --0x99 (talk) 15:27, 2 April 2018 (UTC)
- Thank you so much.--Universalperson (talk) 15:51, 2 April 2018 (UTC)
- Awesome! Thank you so much! Sondenise (talk) 17:06, 2 April 2018 (UTC)
- Since a complete renew of the wiki seems to not be happening anytime soon (due to reduced number of editors we have, and me being busy with RL), we will have to take another approach in cleaning up articles. However, considering the Wiki's root (4chan), we cannot simply delete the page either. This is very likely resulting in subjective/fan content having its own section, completely isolated from the rest of the site. Please feel free to suggest if you have any ideas. --0x99 (talk)