This discussion page is archived. Please do not edit.
Since we now have more contents than when we started a year ago, I think it's now the time to reorganize part of series into its own section. My suggestion:
|- Madoka Magica
| |- Madoka Magica Characters
| |- Madoka Magica Episodes
| |- Madoka Magica Theories
| |- Madoka Magica Observations
| |- Madoka Magica Soundtrack
| `- ...
|- Madoka Magica Portable
| |- Madoka Magica Portable Characters
| |- Madoka Magica Portable Story
| `- ...
|- Madoka Magica Mobage
| `- ...
|- Oriko Magica
| |- Oriko Magica Characters
| |- Oriko Magica Chapters
| `- ...
|- Kazumi Magica
| |- Kazumi Magica Characters
| |- Kazumi Magica Chapters
| `- ...
|- Deciphering the runes
|- Translated official documents
...with each section has a footer navbox template similar to the one in Wikipedia (like in wikipedia:Bakemonogatari#External_links). Any page that don't need its own section goes into flat page as usual (e.g. maybe the Mobage stuff). This would allow contents to expand more easily and make more room for future contents (Movie, possible spinoffs, etc.). Thoughts? --0x99 10:36, 14 March 2012 (UTC)
- I would prefer a page for Translated Official Documents as well as the Translated Official Miscellaneous. It's fine to keep it under Products. There's overlap between the two anyways. More than Runes, in any case. --randomanon 10:55, 14 March 2012 (UTC)
- Hmm, do you mean section for each documents?
Translated official documents
|- NewType 2999/12
- But isn't this already the way it works? --0x99 11:17, 14 March 2012 (UTC)
- I'm asking for two links. One to Translated Official Documents and another to Translated Official Miscellaneous to be posted at the same level. They can be kept under Products. Right now, we only have a link to the first one. randomanon 12:18, 14 March 2012 (UTC)
- Ah OK. Yes, we can do that. --0x99 12:27, 14 March 2012 (UTC)
- Yes, thanks. And it can be "Documents" and "Documents Other" or something to keep the title short. --randomanon 16:08, 14 March 2012 (UTC)
- I added it as Official Materials in the sidebar for now, should rename the page during reorganization (so it doesn't looks like a subpage of Documents that way). --0x99
- If we agree on this, please feel free to start breaking Puella Magi Madoka Magica Portable into multiple subsections (possibly omit the "Puella Magi" part, just Madoka Magica Portable to keep it short and easy to type). Ping me if you need anything (extensions, etc.) --0x99 18:36, 16 March 2012 (UTC)
I think there should be a page for all characters together, or at least a character page with a compilation of witches with their cards. If we break apart the character information too much it will become difficult to transit between medias. It goes like this: --Derp101 19:36, 19 March 2012 (UTC)
--Puella Magi Madoka Magica/PMMM Portable--
*Here comes the table with Madoka, Homura, Mami, Sayaka, Kyoko and you know who.
*Table with Komachi, Clair, etc...
--Puella Magi Oriko Magika--
*Table with Oriko, Kirika and Yuma
--Puella Magi Kazumi Magika--
*Table with PMKM cast
*Table with anime witches
--PMMM Portable Witches--
*Table with game witches
*Table with mobager witches
*Table with PMOM witches
*Table with Kazumi witches
*Table with family, classmates and others
Same as the above
Same as the above
Same as the above
- Ideally, when the reorganization is completed, Characters should provide a link to series' character page and list all characters belong to that series (but just a list of name and links). Witches page should do the same but for witches. The reason I want to separate character pages to be by series rather than one page for all is because it becomes very hard to find something once the page becomes larger (i.e. non-Madoka characters) due to page size, and such.
- My idea is to have character table for each series live in its own page, then we create a section within each character page (for example, "Kaname Madoka in Madoka Magica Portable") listing information specific in each title. What do you think? --0x99 19:59, 19 March 2012 (UTC)
- I don't like it, it would create to much hindrance for people trying to compare characters or access characters from a different series while looking at separate character pages. I'd rather make the galleries collapsible and put a table of contents at the top of the page if it get's too big. If we start crunching big pages into smaller links the charater page will start looking like a category page. --Derp101 21:27, 19 March 2012 (UTC)
- I'm not sure I understand, but if they want to compare characters from different series, separate page for characters should be much easier. You can open browser side by side, or put them in separate tabs and compare. It's easier to compare that way than scroll up and down, IMHO. With informations from PSP game coming, I don't think flat page navigation can scale that well anymore (thus the effort now being put into better in-series navigation.) --0x99 21:50, 19 March 2012 (UTC)
Also it might also make sense to cleanup gallery with this reorganization. Character pages are too image-heavy and we're nearly hitting 1TB transfer each month (we used around ~800GB of bandwidth last month). Any input on how to deal with this is always welcome (i.e. what to delete and what to keep). --0x99 15:56, 14 March 2012 (UTC)
- I'm glad you're addressing it. I've felt for a while now too many pages have excessive pics in the galleries. I would strongly suggest deleting most of the ones that's easily obtainable from another static source like pixiv, danbooru, etc. unless there's a compelling reason for it. For example, we don't need a dozen pics of Homura with weapons. Just a couple or few will make that point. There's also lots of screenshots that are posted that don't really seem to have a point. We have ten of them in Homura's gallery of just different expressions. Why? If screenshots are posted, they should illustrate a point. For example, I might include three of hers with Moemura, timelooping Homura and ribbon Homura to show contrast in changing expression. People should really think about what they post and why, not just post for the sake of it. --randomanon 16:08, 14 March 2012 (UTC)
- What about those 2ch/2chan photoshopped images of magazine illustrations? Should we keep it or delete them also? --0x99 16:11, 14 March 2012 (UTC)
- Maybe post one of each illustration, and put the rest in a zip for download. Not sure why, but they seem really popular. I get the same download counts for them as I do doujins. Also, maybe get more selective about gifs as well. I doubt we need as many as we have. Keep the best ones and provide the rest in zips. --randomanon 16:17, 14 March 2012 (UTC)
- Hmm, maybe we could make a "photoshopped images of official illustrations" section and dump all of them to it in a organized manner. (Thumbnail of original, then list photoshopped images, and maybe the first time they appeared, etc.) Finding sources would be very hard though. --0x99 16:22, 14 March 2012 (UTC)
- It might be a good idea to have image gallery pages for a bunch of different categories. If it's just "don't post more than necessary" we'd have to constantly police people who think posting images cleans their soul gems, but if there's gallery pages they can be directed over there and have fun without filling up high traffic pages. So at the bottom of Homura's page there'd be a text link to Gallery/Homura. KM 20:48, 14 March 2012 (UTC)
- Ultimately, that would not resolve the image-heavy pages/1TB data transfer issue 0x99 is talking about. All you're doing is moving pics to a new page, and it's only a matter of time before they become extremely image-heavy. In fact, dedicating blank pages to image galleries would probably only encourage more image postings. A certain amount of self-restraint makes sense. There's 4chan and other image boards for that purpose, no need to treat the wiki like one. I think the merchandise page could use a look through as well. Many of the pics taken of say a figma from various angles isn't necessary, since the link to purchase it displays all those pics. It's redundant and that page is becoming very long, as new things are constantly being added. --randomanon 21:03, 14 March 2012 (UTC)
- Isn't the data transfer the result of lots of images being on pages that are getting heavy traffic for the non-image content? If the gallery gets a tiny fraction of the views the character pages get, bandwidth use would drop. Then again, the image board could be used as a gallery. As for merchandise, along with fanworks, those are really long to scroll through, and could be split up by category, with each main page being an overview/index. Are there stats on what percentage of bandwidth use is coming from each section? KM 21:46, 14 March 2012 (UTC)
- Unfortunately there's no detailed stats available. Until the recent CloudFront migration, we stored images on a bulk hosting to reduce bandwidth costs (which only has total bandwidth usage available). It works fine until we exceed the 600GB/month cap. Then I migrated to CloudFlare which cache image files and only report total bandwidth usage. I'm not sure if CF has any kind of bandwidth caps, but cleanup any unused or unnecessary images is always better in a long run (backup cost, and such.)
- I think posting non-informative image dump in something like Walpurgischan might be a better idea, since I can implement long caching there without having to worry about expiration (since there's no file versioning) and we can also avoid polluting wiki namespace that way. --0x99 00:22, 15 March 2012 (UTC)
"Madoka Magica" reorganization plan
In case nobody disagree with this proposal, I'll made a following changes:
- Madoka Magica ← Episodes
- Move Episodes page and add few data related to the series such as Plot from Main Page. This page will have similar layout to the current Main Page but only with Madoka Magica (series) specific data and a link to each page in its section (Characters, direct link to episodes, rune translations, etc.)
- Madoka Magica Characters ← Characters
- Either move or migrate Characters page but without characters data of other series in the franchise. Initially there should be no layout change.
- Madoka Magica Episode 1: As If We Met in a Dream... ← Episode 1
- Madoka Magica Episode 2: That Sounds Wonderful ← Episode 2
- Madoka Magica Episode 3: I'm Not Afraid of Anything Anymore ← Episode 3
- Madoka Magica Episode 4: Both Miracles and Magic Exist ← Episode 4
- Madoka Magica Episode 5: There's No Way I'd Regret This ← Episode 5
- Madoka Magica Episode 6: This Just Isn't Right ← Episode 6
- Madoka Magica Episode 7: Can You Face Your True Feelings? ← Episode 7
- Madoka Magica Episode 8: I'm Such a Fool ← Episode 8
- Madoka Magica Episode 9: I'll Never Allow That ← Episode 9
- Madoka Magica Episode 10: I Won't Depend on Anyone Anymore ← Episode 10
- Madoka Magica Episode 11: The Only Signpost Remaining ← Episode 11
- Madoka Magica Episode 12: My Best Friend ← Episode 12
- Simple page rename will do.
- Madoka Magica Drama CD 1: Memories of You ← Drama CD 1
- Madoka Magica Drama CD 2: Sunny Day Life ← Drama CD 2
- Madoka Magica Drama CD 3: Farewell Story ← Drama CD 3
- Page rename.
- Madoka Magica Manga ← Madoka Magica (manga)
- Madoka Magica Locations ← Locations
- Madoka Magica Trivia ← Facts and Observations
- Rename. Separate Kazumi stuff in Locations page into Kazumi Magica Locations.
- Madoka Magica Products ← Products
- Madoka Magica Merchandise ← Merchandise
- Page rename. Remove Kazumi and Oriko stuff from Products page.
- Madoka Magica Music ← Character Songs
- Madoka Magica Soundtrack ← Soundtrack
- Madoka Magica Teasers ← Teasers and Commercials
- Leave Connect, Magia, See You Tomorrow and And I'm Home intact. Make Music page list all related songs and link to individual article. For tearers, move non-Madoka stuff into its own section.
- Madoka Magica Theories ← Theories
- Madoka Magica Articles ← Articles
- Page rename.
Main Page should be repurposed for a main portal linking to each "main page" of each title in the series and some of flat page contents (e.g. Deciphering the runes, Translated Official Documents, etc.) News section will be leave intact (probably...) I still not sure what to do with Articles and Facts and Observations page. Suggestions welcome. --0x99 19:54, 16 March 2012 (UTC)
- Shouldn't it be "Music" instead of "Musics"? There is no plural form, as far as I know. Same goes for "Merchandise". --Knon 05:37, 17 March 2012 (UTC)
- Fixed! --0x99 12:11, 17 March 2012 (UTC)
- There should be a page for the each of the movies eventually, right? The first one is [scheduled for a Fall 2012 release date]. Also, we should include the Drama CDs on here somewhere.--CrownClown 02:24, 18 March 2012 (UTC)
- Somehow I missed Drama CDs, added! And yes we will have a page for each movies. Possibly Madoka Magica Movie with each title as its subpage (e.g. Madoka Magica Movie 1: Title, Madoka Magica Movie 2: Title and Madoka Magica Movie 3: Title). --0x99 02:33, 18 March 2012 (UTC)
- Oh, thanks. It looks good so far! Are we putting the Madoka Magica manga on here, also? Sorry I'm not keeping it all in one response, I just noticed it isn't here. --CrownClown 02:38, 18 March 2012 (UTC)
- I'm still thinking of what to do with it. Since manga version use almost exactly the same organization with the anime, we might better create manga as subpage of Madoka Magica and have a "Manga differences" subsection listing difference between manga and anime in each episode's page (e.g. Madoka Magica Episode 1: As If We Met in a Dream...#Manga differences). --0x99 02:52, 18 March 2012 (UTC)
- Makes sense to me. We already have a Manga Differences page, so we can just copy/paste from there. Only problem would be where to put the images that are from the manga version that have no real place on episode pages. I guess we could always have a main manga page for it, keep the images there, and link to the episode that corresponds to each chapter and the manga differences subsection. --CrownClown 03:02, 18 March 2012 (UTC)
- I decided to follow the UESP Wiki and make the series index page list all available contents rather than excerpt of it. It could be seen in my subpage: User:0x99/Madoka Magica. All index page of other titles will also follow this format if we decide to use it. Comments welcome. --0x99 17:25, 18 March 2012 (UTC)
- RE: Mutopis from the commit summary: Have we decided regarding navigation to the Drama CD and the manga version?
- I think Drama CDs and manga version of Madoka Magica should be considered sub-content of Madoka Magica (the series) and thus they have been omitted out from the global series navigation. We can still put a quick link to both pages in the sidebar but the main purpose of the top bar is to quickly navigate between main page of many portals we (will) have (see above). --0x99 23:34, 18 March 2012 (UTC)
Sorry quite busy at the moment playing the game so the timing of this isn't great for me. I may have more later when I have time to sit down to look at details after I'm done with the game. But to summarize my thoughts:
- I have two concerns with naming the pages. 1) The episode titles will likely differ in the official Aniplex translation than they do from sub groups. All the BDs aren't released yet, but the official one is what matters. Same thing with the manga when the English version is released, and the games if they're ever officially translated. Then you have a situation where the wiki page name doesn't match the official source, or you rename and then it causes confusion for people referring and saving links. Having and then changing the content of the page title will do just as well when unofficial names get updated to official ones, and won't cause the same problem. Many people will not know or will not use shortcuts. 2) With the full name, the link becomes very long which is user-unfriendly when you post it and the name wraps around, making it more cumbersome for people to copy paste.
- I really don't like everything being grouped under series. What's wrong with keeping them separated as Manga and Games? Throw in Official in front of it if you want to distinguish it from fanmade stuff. When people think series, they think "OK, so there's a Madoka Portable I, Madoka Portable 2, etc." when that isn't the case. It's more descriptive too, to give headers like Manga, so people know what something like "Oriko Magica" is...you can't tell what it is by just seeing the word "Series."
- The links under Contents make no sense to me. First, Contents is non-descriptive, it doesn't tell you what you're looking at. I don't see how the links under it are related, to be honest. Why is a glossary of anime terms under the same header as a page on Madoka-related events and what do either of them have to do with a collection of official scans? The Documents section had far more in common with the old Products page. There was significant overlap between the two and cross-links. If you want accuracy, "Documents" should really be "Magazines" and "Materials" should be "Other Media" and they would be considered products, supporting materials, or something of that sort.
Summary of my thoughts: When I look to organize something, I try to find good examples of something similar (other anime-related franchise wiki in this case) and take the best from it and customize it. A good sidebar imo should have 1) logical grouping of key site information, 2) short but descriptive words for headers and links (basically you should have a pretty good idea of what you're looking at before you click on it), 3) the sidebar itself should not be so long that you end up scrolling on it on most computers. --randomanon 05:18, 20 March 2012 (UTC)
- I actually spent few days browsing through smaller and larger Wikis to see how they organizing information when they have more than one title before making this change. From what I found, most create a content portal for each series then put contents inside it with exception of few shared contents (such as settings or terminology). This type of content organization is consistent with visits pattern in our Wiki, where content of the week gets a lot of traffic and dies down few weeks later. Current example of this is Madoka Magica Portable, which gets more traffic than our front page during the past week. Kazumi Magica becomes relatively popular once there's a new chapter, too.
- Regarding the first point, I'm still unsure of whether to put the title name there, but a simple page name like "Episode 1" doesn't really say anything and it's bad on searchability (at least to me, searching "Madoka Magica Episode 1" put us on page 13 or so, lower than spam sites which is pretty facepalm worthy) but point taken. Maybe we should meet halfway and use use Madoka Magica Episode 1.
- The second point is a bit complex to speak, having everything in flat page make everything really hard to find and understand to non-frequents. Take a visit to Madoka Magica Portable page for example, nearly half of the traffic exit after first visit to the page, another half navigate here and there but ends up going back to Portable page. I think this is a good indication that user want to stay within the series they're interested in rather than being thrown away to somewhere else.
- I don't think we should use page organization to explain what the series is, that should be a role of lead section in the series own page (this is already the case with Madoka Magica and Kazumi Magica although they're still lacking).
- For sidebar, please make a suggestion in MediaWiki talk:Sidebar and I'll change it but please keep the height of sidebar (minus toolbox) less than 900px so most user don't have to scroll down for navigation (5-6 headings max). --0x99 08:09, 20 March 2012 (UTC)
- Visitors flow from GA:
- This data is within few days span. Feel free to correct me if I misinterpret the data. --0x99 08:17, 20 March 2012 (UTC)
- I don't think the Portable page right now is a good example. You are getting heavy traffic because the game just came out and lots of people are interested in finding information. It's not an accurate depiction of how cross-traffic works typically on the site. I'm also confused by your explanation of series and contents. It does not really address to me why those particular pages are under "Contents" and why we can't separate manga and games by what they are instead of grouped under "Series." Maybe the easiest is if you could refer me to an example of a site you're modeling after. --randomanon 09:01, 20 March 2012 (UTC)
- Portable is only one example out of many, but isn't that the point of Wiki like this? To easily find information regarding the series. For sidebar stuff, it's simple: flat page, shared contents grouped together. Community-created contents grouped together, and that's it. I'm not sure I understand what you mean by grouped under series, are you talking about the sidebar or the content organization as a whole? (I assume you were talking about page organization as a whole, like "Manga" has "Madoka", "Kazumi" and "Oriko" subsections instead of living in their own pages or "OST" page has "Madoka", "Madoka Portable" subsections). If you were talking about sidebar, yes, we can separate them, but then I want to keep the sidebar less than 900px (so all contents in sidebar are visible without scrolling to most visitors). In general, UESP is probably the best example (or Kumeta World for Japanese wiki). --0x99 09:20, 20 March 2012 (UTC)
- Yes, all my comments outside of naming the episodes/chapters etc. (and I think the "Madoka Magica Episode 1" etc. compromise is fine, btw) have to do with the sidebar since that's what I noticed as new when I visited the wiki. I'll move them when I get a chance to continue the convo. --randomanon 11:05, 20 March 2012 (UTC)
- Ah, OK. Seems like I misunderstood then. Sorry! Feel free put sidebar changes in the MediaWiki:Sidebar if you have any ideas. --0x99 12:55, 20 March 2012 (UTC)
"Oriko Magica" reorganization plan
Just like Madoka Magica above:
- Oriko Magica ← Puella Magi Oriko Magica
- Page rename.
- Oriko Magica Characters ← Oriko Magica/Characters
- No longer include it into Characters page.
- Oriko Magica Chapter 1: Don't Even Think About Becoming a Magical Girl
- Oriko Magica Chapter 2: I'm Not Crying At All
- Oriko Magica Chapter 3: Love is Infinitely Finite
- Oriko Magica Chapter 4: I'll Never Forgive You
- Oriko Magica Chapter 5: That's What I'm Here For
- Oriko Magica Chapter 6: Someday isn't Today
- Oriko Magica Chapter 7: To Protect My World
- Copypasta contents from Puella Magi Oriko Magica page into chapter page. Make a list in Oriko page linking to each chapters. Make an infobox listing volume this chapter was collected on, how many pages are there, characters appearing in this chapter, etc.
Comments welcome --0x99 01:34, 18 March 2012 (UTC)
"Kazumi Magica" reorganization plan
Just like Oriko Magica:
- Kazumi Magica ← Puella Magi Kazumi Magica
- Page rename.
- Kazumi Magica Characters ← Kazumi Magica/Characters
- Kazumi Magica Witches ← Witches in Kazumi Magica
- Move the page to create characters page, and no longer include it in a flat Characters page. Probably leave Pleiades Saints the same as before.
- Kazumi Magica Chapter 1: Bad - Guy - Reckon Off
- Kazumi Magica Chapter 2: AHA! Dogs
- Kazumi Magica Chapter 3: Kazumix
- Kazumi Magica Chapter 4: Evil Nuts
- Kazumi Magica Chapter 5: Magicallabbiata
- Kazumi Magica Chapter 6: Loss Parfait
- Kazumi Magica Chapter 7: Gem Picking
- Kazumi Magica Chapter 8: Tempura Ice-Cream
- Kazumi Magica Chapter 9: The Freezer
- Kazumi Magica Chapter 10: Bibbity Bobbity Boo
- Kazumi Magica Chapter 11: Dead or Rice
- Kazumi Magica Chapter 12: Pleiades
- Kazumi Magica Chapter 13: Malefica Farce
- Kazumi Magica Chapter 14: Cannibalism
- Separate chapters from from Puella Magi Kazumi Magica, create infobox in the same manner as Oriko Magica above.
I'm still not sure how to deal with Witches in Kazumi Magica since most of them have no names. We can probably create new page for each one with name. --0x99 01:34, 18 March 2012 (UTC)
- We can create pages for the pseudo-witches because we have their human names, but the unnamed normal witches could just be moved to a page that says, "Unnamed Witches of Kazumi Magica", maybe. Or we could call them by when they appeared, like "Kazumi Magica Chapter [Blank] Witch". --CrownClown 02:24, 18 March 2012 (UTC)
- I think separate page for each witch is cleaner, so "Kazumi Magica Chapter [Blank] Witch" should work if they don't reappear in later chapters (none so far). --0x99 02:28, 18 March 2012 (UTC)
I've recently performed server migration for Puella Magi Wiki and Puella Magi Archive (Walpurgischan migrated two weeks ago) so there might be some hiccup here and there for the first few days. As a little side effect, nightly Wiki dump won't be available until Friday night at least. If anything breaks or you feel the site is slower please feel free to report it in here, I'll do my best effort to fix it. Thanks! Fingers crossed --0x99 02:58, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
- PHP process seems to randomly dying way too often, I'm looking for a fix. --0x99 08:45, 13 June 2012 (UTC)
I have noticed that updates are slower, are we running out of material or are people too busy to contribute? I am kinda worry about it...--Mutopis 10:46, 3 June 2012 (UTC)
- Former. Well, there's not much new information for the past few months. Maybe the online game, but I'm getting IP-blocked. :/ --0x99 13:15, 3 June 2012 (UTC)
- I found this regarding the Online Game, nevermind, it's for a closed-beta testing, so it's not fully out yet it seems. http://mm.my-gg.com/cbt/ --SayakaVonSeckendorff 17:52, 3 June 2012 (UTC)
- I've been busy, traveling, slaying demons, slice of life antics, etc. It's not all bad; it was hard to keep up when you'd click 500 recent changes and it would only go back two days. KM 05:11, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
Does anyone have problems uploading files? --Mutopis 11:14, 28 July 2012 (UTC)
- I just tried to upload a 190k jpeg, and it wouldn't work. Just sent me back to a blank upload page. It was also giving me a warning about unencrypted data being sent, which didn't happen in the past. KM 09:02, 29 July 2012 (UTC)
- Whoops, sorry! I force SSL and it seems like upload is now broken. I've reverted the change now. Can you try if it works? --0x99 16:41, 30 July 2012 (UTC)
Okay, I don't know what's going on, but every single time I open a tab in the wiki, a file called runes.ttf gets automatically downloaded. Right now I have 12 of them piled up in my desktop, and it's sorta annoying. I assume it's related to the plugin that allows runespeak, but still. Can you take a look at it? It didn't do this until a few days ago. --BrickBreak 02:01, 9 August 2012 (UTC)
- I didn't do anything, this is likely CF's problem. I'll move Runes fonts to remote server for the time being. --0x99 06:42, 9 August 2012 (UTC)
- Grr, just remembered fonts must comply with Cross-Origin Resource Sharing. It can't lives on another domain name. I'll have CF investigate this. --0x99 06:57, 9 August 2012 (UTC)
- This is caused by CF's bug. I've disable the feature that triggered this (resource preloader). It should be fixed for now. --0x99 16:25, 9 August 2012 (UTC)
- Still happening for me. --SayakaVonSeckendorff 23:34, 9 August 2012 (UTC)
- Shift+F5 plz. --0x99 18:36, 10 August 2012 (UTC)
There's a PV from Comiket for SHAFT's new magical girl show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqnfv_oiE9g It looks really promising.
- Someone already brought up the idea of it being set in the same world as Madoka. At first I laughed, but after rewatching the video (without understanding any of the Japanese of course) this is going to be even more fun to investigate than Homura = cat was. KM 13:05, 10 August 2012 (UTC)
- in b4 Prism Nana Wiki. --0x99 18:37, 10 August 2012 (UTC)
Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Different Story
Someone add Different Story to the Manga Section of the navigation page. It is going to happen sooner or later --Mutopis 03:56, 19 October 2012 (UTC)
Law of circularity (円環の理) and "guided by the law of circularity" (円環の理に導かれて)
This terminology is something I see every so often, but I don't see any page that explains it. According to the nicovideo page, it seems like people at first thought it was a made-up term by Mami, but it turns out to be a "legendary phrase among magical girls." However, I do not know where such information would be appropriate.--184.108.40.206 02:09, 7 December 2012 (UTC)
- There's mentions of it in the Episode 12 and Guidebook pages, including a couple Urobuchi quotes. The episode 12 page might be the best place to add more explanation and gather the information about it, which is currently scattered all over and hard to find because everything uses a different translation of the term.
- Guidebook UROBUCHI: I could only say that it was too much of a surprise (LOL) In particular, I did not expect the "Law of the Circular Ring" [Editor's note: a term appearing in Episode 12, also referred to as Law of Cycles (円環の理 Enkan no Kotowari)] would be misunderstood as a term coined by Mami.
- Guidebook UROBUCHI: There is this thing that surprisingly became a talking point -- "The Law of Circular Path". That actually means "the ending that will, without exception, visit the girls who embraced hope and chose to take up the destiny of becoming a mahou shoujo." It is not something Mami-san coined herself, but something like an oral tradition that was passed along among mahou shoujo in that world. And so at that place and time, the only one who could not understand at all after hearing those words was Homura. Kyoko also knew and probably Sayaka in that world had also heard those words before.
- Otona_Anime_Vol.21 Urobuchi： – First let's skip “Tiro Finale” (lol) Regarding “the Truth of the Circle Ring” (enkan no kotowari), it is a settei (design) in the world that had been reconstituted, where it was a legend that got passed down orally among the mahou shoujo. So it is not like Mami suddenly came up with that phrase on the spot. Probably Sayaka and Kyouko would have known about it too. At that scene, it was new only to Homura as she had come from another time line.
- Super_Decryption_Madoka_Magica table of contents reference, no information about the content
- law of cycles/law of the circular path/law of wheels/enkan no kotowari/円環の理/“the Truth of the Circle Ring”/Law of the Circular Ring/law of circularity
KM 21:12, 7 December 2012 (UTC)
I've moved the Wiki and Walpurgis to dedicated VPS in New York which should make everything slightly faster thanks to being closer to CloudFlare edge. For the next two days, expect things to become slower due to Tarsnap backup (which is CPU-heavy) being re-run. If you found something previously working, but now broke, please report it here. I'll do my best to fix it. Thanks. --0x99 22:00, 20 January 2013 (UTC)
- The only image that loads in my computer is the banner of the wiki. It doesn't even try to load other images.
- The problem seems to be that, for some reason, all images have the parameter
style="display:none;visibility:hidden" in the HTML code. Anyone knows why? Nethac DIU 17:22, 24 April 2013 (UTC)
- EDIT: Oops. I remembered now to allow scripts from cloudflare.com. Now the images work.
Looks like someone published this wiki into a book
Check it out - 魔法少女小圆珍藏宝典 released on May 16th, 2011. It got our rune table and everything. In Chinese, of course. - Prima 05:24, 6 February 2013 (UTC)
Site was down earlier today...
...due to CloudFlare (as with 4chan, Imgur, and many other sites). Read more at http://blog.cloudflare.com/todays-outage-post-mortem-82515 However we probably won't be dropping CloudFlare for this, since we need to offload bandwidth usage somewhere (CF is currently handling nearly 930GB of our 1.4TB monthly traffic). --0x99 15:11, 3 March 2013 (UTC)
Front page news
Could we change it to include the more recent Rebellion information? I think we can also remove the Beginnings+Eternal home video release information. --Universalperson 11:54, 18 September 2013 (UTC)
- How about something like this? --Knon 14:26, 18 September 2013 (UTC)
- I like it! I like it a lot.--Universalperson 14:44, 18 September 2013 (UTC)
- Great. I hope it's okay if I went ahead and added it to the main page. --Knon 07:01, 19 September 2013 (UTC)
Is there a mod in the house?
We're being swarmed by spammers.--Universalperson 15:02, 24 September 2013 (UTC)
- 0x99, thanks! --Universalperson 23:57, 24 September 2013 (UTC)
Puella-Magi Wiki is turning 3!
Should we be making plans to celebrate? - Prima 06:00, 7 January 2014 (UTC)
Happy New Year!
2016 will soon be upon us, and it'll be Puella Magi Wiki's 6th year in operation! How time flies. I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season. With the Madoka sequel finally confirmed, it's never a more exciting time to be a Madoka superfan, and I foresee busy time ahead for this wiki. Happy New Years! - Prima 19:26, 31 December 2015 (UTC)
Anyone have any New Years Resolution that you want to share for the wiki? - Prima 19:26, 31 December 2015 (UTC)
As mentioned in the Grief Seed talk page, my New Year's Resolution is figure out how to make wiki Templates to tidy up the joint. - Prima 22:15, 31 December 2015 (UTC)
- My resolution right now: check the Wiki more often. Sorry for the trouble. 🙇 — 0x99 12:35, 30 March 2016 (UTC)
who is in charge of walpurgischan? there seems to be a lot of spam --Mutopis 10:43, 2 December 2016 (UTC)
- needs to be cleaned --Mutopis 15:00, 2 December 2016 (UTC)