|Japanese: Miyu Tomita
|Release Date (JP):
|April 24, 2023
Gunhild is the one of the original characters of the 2017 mobile game Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story: Magia Record.
|Red rune-shaped gem on chest
|Twin double-bitted axes
|Powers and Abilities
|"My wish is to form a group of warriors with my sister as the leader."
|Arne (father, deceased), unnamed mother (deceased), Olga (older sister)
|Isvik village, Norway
|Spirit Enhancement Data
A magical girl who is the younger sister of Olga. Although she is basically shy, she has intelligent, courageous, and has outstanding physical ability. On the other hand, she thinks that her life's purpose is to make her beloved sister happy, and plans to expand her power to make her sister's dream come true.
The Doppel of estrangement. Its form is a shipwreck. The master of this emotion is suffering from significant mental imbalance, as the heart of her elder sister– raised together with her like two joined trees– has begun to drift away.
In response to the destructive impulses produced from this imbalance, her Doppel will brutally thrash and destroy anything and everything that approaches it. Whenever it manifests, it ceaselessly rushes across the dark ocean in search of prey, until the deep, murky emotions comprising it are put at ease. However, no peaceful rest awaits it after doing so.
Powers and Abilities
This page or section is a stub, and needs expansion. You can help Puella Magi Wiki by expanding it.
- Gunhild is a Germanic feminine given name composed of two words meaning "war" (gunn and hild/hildr).
- Her soul gem is shaped like the rune letter Kaunan, which means ulcer, torch, fire.
- Her battle sprite does not have the wolf cloak her transformation and card art wears.
- Her wolf cloak as well as the fire in her eyes during her magia makes her resemble a berserker, more specifically a wolf warrior.
- According to this Tweet from her designer, the wolf tail in her outfit is actually attached to Gunhild and not to the pelt. Whether her horns are real or cosmetic remains a mystery, however.
- Her doppels appear bears a resemblances to the Alien in the movie Alien.
- Gunhild and Olga both share similarities with Tart and Riz. Some being,
- Two young girls leading a war.
- Gunhild's wish is similar to that of Riz as she wished for someone to lead.
- Both of the pairs have an affinity to light and dark.
- Both are illustrated by Masugitsune.
- Both of their stories take place in historical Europe.
- Vikings never used double-bitted axes since it would have used more material and would have been seen as a waste during hard times, if they existed at all. There are no surviving examples, authentic artwork, or clear descriptions from records that would have supported their use.
- See this article on the Viking use of axes for further detail.
- Her magia is named after Mánagarmr, also known as Hati Hróðvitnisson. Hati is a warg (a giant wolf) that chases Máni, the Moon, across the night sky, just as the wolf Sköll chases Sól, the Sun, during the day, until the time of Ragnarök, when they will swallow these heavenly bodies.
- Blót is a term for "blood sacrifice" in Norse paganism.
- Her Witch/Doppel might also be based in the mythological Kraken, who was said to appear in the costs of Norway.
- The memoria 'The World My Big Sister Sees' features art of Sleipnir, the eight-legged horse of Odin, as well as Fenrir. Both Sleipnir and Fenrir (as well as Hel and Jörmungandr the World Serpent) are children of Loki.
- Læraðr is a tree in Norse mythology, often identified with Yggdrasill. It stands at the top of the Valhöll. Two animals, the goat Heiðrún and the stag Eikþyrnir, graze its foliage.
- She, along with Olga, are the seventh playable characters to lack a family name. The others being Lil' Kyubey, Kuroe, Chizuru, Kuro (黒), Kuro (くろ), and Ebony. However, based on Nordic traditions, she would have been referred to as Gunhild Arnesdottir, which could be thought of as a surname.
Witch Sprite. See Blot
To edit a memoria's details, click on the specific memoria
|Sailing across the ocean is the sisters' ship carrying dreams.
We go to the east when we hear of a mysterious land, and to the west when we hear of a fertile culture We are thrilled by the vast, uncharted lands of the north, and smile with the joyous cheerfulness of the south.With both of us together, we can go to the ends of the earth.
|**Unique to Gunhild**
The axes are the destination of a wish that leads to a dream.
The one who wields those axes is a warrior who fights single-mindedly without front or back on the battlefield. The axes slash at the enemies that stand in the way of her resolve.The axes show the future of the sisters who once spoke to each other.
|"The world of Gunhild and I... is called 'Organheim'!
One day, a monster attacked our world, but... um... But then a powerful god appears, and in the blink of an eye, he's kicking the crap out of them!""Oh...we're not the ones fighting it..."
|The price I paid to pursue our dreams and gain our freedom.
The magical girl contract was a fate I chose, and I have no regrets. But I must never allow my sister to do so.I will take on the sacrifice, the pain, the anguish, and everything else.
|No matter what time of day, you were always by my side.
But now, when I try to touch you, you're too far away, out of reach. Still, I want to believe that the feelings that are welling up in my heart are reaching you.I'll try a little harder.
|The older sister, who had finished her interrogation, sighed in her sleep on her sister's shoulder,
as if she had been trying hard to be jolly and was exhausted. The younger sister's heart overflows with happiness, and a smile breaks out naturally.For both of them, this is the most fulfilling time of their lives.
|A whinny echoes from the sky, and the War Maiden's heavenly horse appears.
It runs with the wind in its powerful footsteps, and quickly breaks through the thick clouds. Looking up at its majesty, everyone is filled with awe and reverence.Let's go to the rainbow bridge, let's go to Yggdrasil.
|In the face of daily hardships, she survived by supporting her sister's dream.
Even after a life-devoting contract, she continued to fight. The Viking who appeared from Isvol to avenge the Witch.Dreamer Gunhildt wields her axe today to make her dreams come true.
|Magical girls who try to resist their fate end up in sorrow.
The witch breeds sadness and paints over the history that has seeped into it. Breaking the chain of sorrow is the legend that connects hope to the future.When the despair engraved in history is connected to the present, hope is carried to the future.
- Recording of Gunhild's Transformation Video on Youtube (JP)
- Recording of Gunhild's Magia Video on Youtube (JP)
- Recording of Gunhild's Doppel Video on Youtube (JP)