|Japanese: Shion Wakayama
|Release Date (JP):
|May 19, 2023
Heruka is the one of the original characters of the 2017 mobile game Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story: Magia Record.
|Blue 4 petal star on left shoulder
|Powers and Abilities
|Calming people's hearts
|“Please erase the Rakshashi from everyone's memory.”
|Spirit Enhancement Data
A magical girl living in a nunnery in Tibet. After her hometown was burnt to the ground by the Mongolian army, she and her childhood friend Dolma took refuge in a nunnery. However, she harbors no hatred for the Mongolian army, and would be content to spend her days enjoying herself rather than taking revenge.
The Doppel of zealotry. Its form is a sutra. The master of this emotion has lost sight of herself during her efforts to save people, and heavily depends on the zealous faith she receives from those around her. As if to embody its master’s obsession, her Doppel races across the land to bestow divine providence on those who seek salvation, thinking itself to be garbed in all the karmic fires of this world. But far from being saved, those who witness its form have their eyes burned by its intense light, and are enveloped in flame. The Doppel believes this immolation to be true salvation, and its master’s obsession prevents her from looking back, so she carries yet more new karma upon coming to her senses.
Powers and Abilities
This page or section is a stub, and needs expansion. You can help Puella Magi Wiki by expanding it.
- Heruka is the name of a category of wrathful deities, enlightened beings in Vajrayana Buddhism that adopt a fierce countenance to benefit sentient beings.
- Rakshasa (male: Rākṣasa, female: Rākṣasī) in Hindu mythology are a type of demon or goblin. Rakshasas have the power to change their shape at will and appear as animals, as monsters, or in the case of the female demons, as beautiful women.
- Her outfit features the Endless knot, one of the Eight Auspicious Symbols in Buddhism.
- The flowers on her outfit are similar to white jasmine. She also has 4 leaf clovers in her, which are seen as a symbol of luck
- She is the ninth playable character to lack a family name. The others being Lil' Kyubey, Kuroe, Chizuru, Kuro (黒), Kuro (くろ), Ebony, Olga and Gunhild.
- Her artist is "Shino", the same artist of Kako Natsume and Kushu Irina.
- In buddhism, Vimala is the second of the 10 bhumis, or “lands” through which the bodhisattva must travel on their journey into becoming a buddha.
- Upādāna is a word that roughly translates to 'fuel'. In this case, Upādāna are material needs that one must free themselves of to be able to obtain Nirvana.
- Her Doppel is a reference to a Tibetan Ritual Rice Pot
- It is used to store uncooked rice, barley or any other raw grains for pujas and other rituals.
- Heruka lived in the late 13th century, based on the setting of Tibet and the presence of Mongols as enemy troops - the Mongols first invaded Tibet in 1240 AD. Nemu also explicitly states the time period.
- Her voice actor also voices Takina Inoue.
To edit a memoria's details, click on the specific memoria
|**Unique to Heruka**
It was just a common flower, nothing unusual.
But this flower brought a special meaning... People pray and dream to this blue flower as if clinging to hope.As if they were drowning in bad drugs and escaping from reality.
|I knew from an early age that I was a little different from others.
Every time something would get done, it took me away from myself. If you're saying that if I don't meet your expectations, you won't look at me.I can't, I want to be myself...dull in this slumber.
|Whenever I was beaten down, she was the one who always reached out to me.
She was very special to me. That's why I, and I alone, wanted to help her.That's all there is to it... why can't I be special to you?
|The first time I was able to support you...the first time I was able to stand side by side...
And I will never forget this place we arrived at. I'll never forget how you were shaking so badly, and how you were so fragile when I didn't hold you close.Above all, I will never forget that you were a normal girl...
|Its appearance is so godly that it makes those who see it grow in faith.
You no longer have to think, just follow behind. That's the only way to get to Shambhala...And so, leaving all burdens behind, people are saved.
|I was asked to be a special existence to save people, but I couldn't be special
I was defeated and should have given it all up once and for all. That one and only special existence...to protect her, I will go on the path of the savior again.Somewhere in the hope that it will prove my existence.
|Magical girls who try to resist their fate end up in sorrow.
The witch breeds sadness and paints over the history that has seeped into it. Breaking the chain of sorrow is the legend that connects hope to the future.When the despair engraved in history is connected to the present, hope is carried to the future.
- Recording of Heruka's Transformation Video on Youtube (JP)
- Recording of Heruka's Magia Video on Youtube (JP)
- Recording of Heruka's Doppel Video on Youtube (JP)