Magia Record Episode 16: There Were Too Many To Carry
|There Were Too Many To Carry|
|First airing||August 15, 2021|
|Animation Director||Yoshikatsu Matsuzaki|
There Were Too Many To Carry is the third episode of Magia Record Anime Season 2.
After Yachiyo and Kuroe enters the barrier of Uwasa of Eternal Sakura. Iroha in her doppel form absorbs both Yachiyo and Kuroe.
Yachiyo wakes up in the Mikazuki villa. Tsuruno, Sana and Felicia wants Yachiyo to make breakfast. While Sana speaks "Iroha" in the conversation, Yachiyo runs into Iroha's room without hesitation. She sees Iroha still sleeping in her room and hugs with her on the bed. She is conscious of something strange on Iroha in a sudden.
Everyone is having breakfast in a table except Yachiyo and Kuroe. The two are sitting on the bar chair and discussing Magius' plan and Iroha's dream. When Felicia calling Kuroe, Yachiyo is surprised that everyone seems to be familiar with Kuroe, just like she already lives here for some time. Yachiyo asks Kuroe to tell her everything she knows, and Kuroe give her a paper about rumor of eternal sakura. Then, Yachiyo asked Iroha if she is the one she knows. She also tries to check whether she still remembers her mission to save Ui.
After Iroha recalls her mission to save her sister, The scene then cuts into travelling by train to visit Ui in the hospital. After going to hospital, Touka and Nemu dance with song of Uwasa. Iroha plays with Touka and Nemu. Then she take a teddy bear and treat it as her sister, Ui. Both Yachiyo and Kuroe feel this strange, and Yachiyo transforms into magical girl and destroys building model. The reconstruction of building model confirms that they are not in the reality. Yachiyo enters the internal space of the dream, while she ordered Kuroe to stay with Iroha, in order to maintain the stability and safety of the dream. Kuroe spoke to herself that the dream in Iroha looks like barrier of witch. Suddenly, Iroha appears and remembered about witch.
The scene now turns into somewhere Iroha and her team mates except Yachiyo fighting a witch. Kyubey is also there. The witch is easily defeated, with last blow by Iroha. They got lots of grief seeds in various colors. Iroha gives one to Kuroe.
At the same time, Yachiyo runs through the entire internal zone. She sees same illusion of girls in Mikazuki villa, repeating what they do earlier in the morning.
The scene now turns into magical girls playing with fireworks. Felicia, Sana and Turuno are discussing what to play, and Kuroe noticed that Yachiyo is here, wearing an apron. She must not be the real one, since real Yachiyo should now be in inner space of the dream. Kuroe asks Iroha what she want to do here, and Iroha tells her it seems nothing she eager to do. She is happy, satisfied, and admires Yachiyo.
Yachiyo finally reaches the end of Iroha's dream and saw Ui in teddy bear. It seems nothing strange on the teddy bear. So she have no way to deal with now.
Kuroe and Iroha now go sleeping. Before Iroha sleeping, Kuroe asks why Ui is not the real person (in her dream). Iroha feels defensive to Kuroe and asks whether Kuroe hates Ui. Kuroe responsed that she only asks, not feeling any suspicious to Ui. However, Iroha seems to be very sensitive to this.
Another iroha appears near Yachiyo and Iroha would like to visit her sister. Yachiyo then breaks the Ui the teddy bear. The barrier appears and Iroha turns into doppel. At the same time, Iroha the doppel binds Kuroe's hands and hates those two why they have to destroy the happy scene. She made a lot of work to complement the missing Ui with a better one, and composing a happy world to prevent Iroha's soul to be even pullated. She claims that it is Tamaki's new story. Yachiyo and Kuroe then fight against Iroha the doppel. Yachiyo then persuade Iroha the doppel to find the real Ui instead of the fake one. Yachiyo's attack leads to the separation between Iroha herself and Iroha the doppel. After defeating Iroha the doppel, the real Iroha drops from the tree of Eternal Sakura. Iroha and Yachiyo feel touched about Iroha's coming back, and now they hug again.
Meanwhile, Madoka reads messages in the rain. Mami left a message some days ago, saying that she will try help them no matter what happens. There is no message since then. Madoka now makes a decision.
MEIN NAME IST GIOVANNA
ICH WERDE DICH RETTEN
En: My name is Giovanna I will save you
|De: EINE UNBEQUEME WAHRHEIT
En: An uncomfortable truth
- There are many numbers "168" appear. It should be decrypted with Japanese number イ＝１、ロ＝６、ハ＝８, i.e. Iroha's name
- Iroha writes "visiting" onto every day in the calendar, except 2, 8, 12 and 21. The least common factor of these numbers are 168.
- The witch in the Iroha's dream shows number 168.
- There are many similarity between this episode and Rebellion.
- Iroha creates a utopia for herself to keep all of her friends and fulfill her desire to have Ui back. In the Rebellion movie, Homura creates a utopia for herself to meet Madoka.
- Iroha recreates the other magical girls of Mikazuki Villa and has them all battle together as a team. In the Rebellion movie, the Holy Quintet works together as a team thanks in part to modified memories.
- Both teams battle against artificial enemies (Iroha creates a fake Witch, Homura creates Nightmares) that are notably easier to fight and less scary or dangerous than real Witches. Both enemies also provide an easy/ample or automatic reward so that neither team must worry about cleansing their Soul Gems
- When the sanctity of each dream is unraveled and the truth of both girls' situations are revealed, their respective Witches appear: Iroha's Doppel (Giovanna) manifests and attempts to trap or defeat Yachiyo and Kuroe, and Homura "becomes" a Witch (Homulilly) with the intent of letting herself be defeated and her simulation destroyed.
|Previous Episode||Current Episode||Next Episode|
|You're Nothing Like Her||There Were Too Many To Carry||Are You Okay With That?|