Magia Record Episode 25: No One Knows Our Record
No One Knows Our Record is the fourth (last) episode of Magia Record Anime Season 3.
Iroha is shocked by observing and hearing the fact from Kyubey, that Kuroe became a Witch because of her. Kyubey explained that the hope and despair are equal. Shadow Iroha/Giovanna blames Iroha that many magicals girls become witches because of her. Yachiyo, Tsuruno, Sana, and Felicia save Iroha and tell her they will share their hope and despair together.
Touka, Nemu, and Embryo Eve chase after Walpurgisnacht, but are accosted by the Mikazuki Villa girls (minus Iroha). Using their powerful group Connect, they bind Eve with ribbons, and are then joined by the other Magical Girls and Magius Feathers of Kamihama City in restraining and attacking Eve. Touka and Nemu declare that their solution is the best they can manage for their salvation, Iroha stops them, and tells them that such action is unsolvable for saving Ui. Touka and Nemu claim that such method would only harm the unknowns, and they do all the things for the sake of Iroha. Iroha wants Touka and Nemu to cherish every second of being together, instead of liberation of magical girls. (Eve cries as well) Nemu and Touka apologizes to Iroha, and Iroha promises that she would protect Nemu and Touka. Suddenly, Alina with her Doppel arrives and tells all of the Magical Girls that she has decided to change the plan: as revenge for humanity's reliance on their suffering, and to make their existence known, she will fuse her Doppel with Eve and consume Walpurgisnacht to gain the power to turn ordinary humans into Magical Girls, with the intention of letting them all become Witches. Touka and Nemu argue that this isn't saving Magical Girls like their original plan, but only spreading their suffering further, and Alina merely claims that this will make the "show" more exciting than their salvation. Alina fuses with Embryo Eve and becomes Neo Dorothy Motherfucker/Alina Eve, and chases after Walpurgisnacht. To stop her and compensate for their sins, Touka and Nemu summon their Doppels and sacrifice themselves (along with Lil' Kyubey, , who is Ui.) to wound Alina enough to ground her.
Yachiyo is travelled with train towards sky, and meet the Kanae and Mel due to the magical power inside Yachiyo. While Yachiyo is blaming herself that Kanae and Mel are sacrificed due to her magical power of preventing being deceased, Kane, Mel and Mifuyu reply that the actual power of Yachiyo is to give hope to others. Yachiyo invites Mifuyu to go to Mikazuka Villa, Mifuyu is happy and suggests sleeping in the living room, with accompaniment of Kanae and Momoko. After that, Kanae, Mel, Mifuyi and Momoko reach the time of leaving to the train
Iroha re-meets Ui. Ui tells Iroha that since the body of Ui is composed by magic, her existence would be scattered like particles. When Iroha feels being blessed, Iroha can feel the existence of Ui.
Iroha returns to the reality, in doppel form, distributing the ribbon to every magical girl, which symbolizes the hopeness. With help of Ui's magical power, the despair are collected. Yachiyo's trident also appear black, green, yellow, and grey ribbon, which symbolize Kanae, Mel, Momoko and Mifuyu respectively. Iroha also puts the grief seed into the collecting system. Iroha attacks Eve with such collecting power.
"No one knows about our wishes. No one knows about what we being against. This is the story that what we crying. No one knows about we being angry. No one knows about we find out. No one knows about Alina's art. No one knows about our being cheated, being taken, battling. No one knows about we seeing our hope and failing. No one knows the any of our pledge, who is saved by us."
This commotion is being regarded as consequences of typhoon, and the magical girls are not being recorded in any literature. Iroha gives the book of magia record to Ultimate Madoka
No one knows, our record
- According to Gekidan Inu Curry's tweet, the part after the ending is a homage to Throw Away Your Books, Rally in the Streets by Shūji Terayama.
- Alina's decision to fuse with Embryo Eve to make all of humanity into Magical Girls (which fails, and is part of a timeline whose story is ultimately forgotten), as well as her declaration that "The Story that is Alina Gray will burst and burn out, just for this moment!" may be a reference to Oscar Wilde's story The Remarkable Rocket. In it, an arrogant firework is discarded when it gets wet and is eventually taken by a pair of boys who mistake it for kindling for their fire. When it dries off and ignites, its explosion goes entirely unnoticed except for startling a passing goose. Even as it fizzles out, it still believes it has made a spectacle.
- Similarly to the firework, Alina attempts suicide after making her wish, feeling that she is an artistic failure. She survives, and is ultimately recruited as the third Magius leader by Touka and Nemu.
- Iroha embracing Alina's head when she defeats her is similar to Sayaka Miki embracing Hitomi Shizuki's Nightmare in Rebellion, and Madoka Kaname reaching out her hands and speaking kindly to Walpurgisnacht in the original series' finale. This is a display of the purpose and goal of Magical Girls, to show kindness, compassion, and sympathy to all, even their enemies.
- The conversation between Iroha and Ui explains why Lil' Kyubey was able to appear and disappear wherever there were Uwasa.
- It also explains the difference between Ui's and Ultimate Madoka's existences: Ui exists within the physical universe, but only in the form of magic or emotion (or like scattered particles). Ultimate Madoka does not exist physically, but only in the abstract form of hope.
- There are two interpretions of "record". One of the record is that no one knows the existence of magical girl (which is the nomral interpretion). Also, after being witches, the soul and the body (most likely) disappear - no one knows the record of the magical girls at some time.
|Previous Episode||Current Episode||Next Episode|
|How Long Do We Continue Being Magical Girls?||No One Knows Our Record|